PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Blatantly Lies About Texas Poll With Ron

pauliticalfan
08-09-2011, 12:04 PM
This got my blood boiling.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/08/08/romney-cites-texas-poll-in-apparent-swipe-at-perry/

And then he focused on Texas. “There was a poll that I guess was about a month ago that was a little surprising,” Mr. Romney said. “It had me as the only Republican candidate who in Texas could beat President Obama. I think I was ahead by eight points, no one else was ahead of me. So I’d like to get Texas.”

Mitt Romney is referring to PPP's poll of Texas in late June.

Let's have a look at the results, shall we?

From PPP:

Obama performs weakest against Mitt Romney, trailing 42-50 (49-42 in January). Obama trails native son Ron Paul 40-45, Michele Bachmann 44-47, and Tim Pawlenty 43-44. Obama ties Herman Cain 43-43, and leads Sarah Palin 46-44 (46-47) and Texas Governor Rick Perry 47-45 (45-45).
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_TX_629513.pdf

Despite Mitt Romney's massive ego, you can clearly see that he is, in fact, not the only candidate who can beat Obama in Texas. Ron Paul does better than all others besides Romney against Obama, but still beats him nonetheless. Note that Rick Perry wouldn't even win Texas.

What's even more funny about all this is that besides Jon Huntsman, PPP has found that Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate who would beat Obama in their home state. So while Romney would get crushed in Romneycare Massachusetts, Paul would actually win his state.

Mitt Romney thought he could get away with his bold-faced lie. He didn't count on people actually looking this stuff up, but I'm calling him out on it. Apologize for your lie, Mitt.

pauliticalfan
08-09-2011, 12:15 PM
The worst part about this is that the WSJ talks about the exact poll in the article, but doesn't mention that he's lying.

sailingaway
08-09-2011, 12:19 PM
To be fair, I think he just didn't remember the details and had been focused only on the point that he beat Perry, who is a challenger for the 'establishment' ticket. Ron is competing in a different bracket, for the conservative title, at the moment.

RileyE104
08-09-2011, 12:48 PM
It had me as the only Republican candidate who in Texas could beat President Obama.

That is clearly false.

I think I was ahead by eight points, no one else was ahead of me.

That is true. However, RP was only 3 points under him.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Romney will do anything to show he has southern appeal.

http://www.voccoquan.com/images%202007/romney%20south%20carolina.jpg

Article V
08-09-2011, 01:04 PM
In the end, it probably is good for us if Romney simplifies things for voters. "I beat Obama in Texas. Not even Rick Perry can do that." It's frustrating that his simplification comes at the expense of ignoring Ron Paul's win in Texas, but perhaps in the long run it will help us eliminate the other candidates and allow for Ron Paul to emerge as the only true Romney alternative.

We need Mitt to eat into Bachmann and Perry. And, it's harder for him to help us in this way if he gets bogged down in the details of our successes.

rockandrollsouls
08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Mitt has to be frustrated the establishment pretty much abandoned him in search of someone "better" (Perry.)

RonPaul101.com
08-09-2011, 01:22 PM
I just see it as yet another attempt for the establishment to "pretend" that Ron Paul is not even running for President.

Eventually, NO ONE will be able to ignore Ron Paul, and that day is coming soon...

speciallyblend
08-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Mitt has to be frustrated the establishment pretty much abandoned him in search of someone "better" (Perry.)

If Mitt had any balls. He would endorse Ron Paul 2012!!

rockandrollsouls
08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Would never happen

If Mitt had any balls. He would endorse Ron Paul 2012!!

Napoleon's Shadow
08-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Don't let facts stand in the way of a good campaign there.

havoc37
08-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Would never happen

It should though, or at the very least he should apologize.

V4Vendetta
08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Screw that Mormon