PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan: What if 3 Pauls led America?

kahless
08-09-2011, 09:44 AM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=331521

To see how absurd it is to blame tea-party Republicans for the downgrading of America's debt, imagine this scenario: Rep. Ron Paul is speaker of the House, Sen. Rand Paul is majority leader, and Rep. Paul Ryan is president of the United States.

Does anyone doubt this trio would restore the U.S credit rating in a New York minute? Every sacred cow in the federal pasture, from food stamps to foreign aid, would be hanging in the meat locker.

CaptUSA
08-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Wait... can't we do Ron Paul as President and Paul Ryan as speaker?

Seems like it would make more sense.

pcosmar
08-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Subtle swipe.

Rep. Ron Paul is speaker of the House, Sen. Rand Paul is majority leader, and Rep. Paul Ryan is president of the United States.

Ron Paul is the Presidential Candidate, and within striking distance of the Nomination.

juleswin
08-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Stroke, Stroke, Stroke, Stroke, Stab and Twist.

That line just confuses me, why does a smart man like Pat not see the fraud that is Paul Ryan. For gods sake the man voted for TARP, Medicare part D and no child left behind the man is only plays a fiscal conservative under a democratic administration.

Get a clue Pat

AGRP
08-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Why does a smart man like Pat not see the fraud that is Paul Ryan. For gods sake the man voted for TARP, Medicare part D and no child left behind the man is only plays a fiscal conservative under a democratic administration.

He sees it. His wallet doesn't.

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Stroke, Stroke, Stroke, Stroke, Stab and Twist.

That line just confuses me, why does a smart man like Pat not see the fraud that is Paul Ryan. For gods sake the man voted for TARP, Medicare part D and no child left behind the man is only plays a fiscal conservative under a democratic administration.

Get a clue Pat

I hate to have to defend Buchanan here; but he very well could have been framing the question like that to prevent a kneejerk reaction by neocon/brainwashed readers.

Fact is, Dr. Paul as speaker would hold the purse strings of the country. He could arguably be more powerful in that position. Unfortunately getting that position is harder than presidency since there is no direct vote for the position.

erowe1
08-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Oh, Pat, Pat, Pat. Do you honestly think that if the two Pauls got real spending cuts through Congress, a President Ryan would ever do anything buy veto it? Please. Look at his record.

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Oh, Pat, Pat, Pat. Do you honestly think that if the two Pauls got real spending cuts through Congress, a President Ryan would ever do anything buy veto it? Please. Look at his record.

But, the reverse is also true. The president can't spend anything without the congress passing it. A veto doesn't mean squat if the congress is not sending him spending bills to sign.

Agorism
08-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Why is Paul Ryan included in this...

Cleaner44
08-09-2011, 10:24 AM
I am looking forward to President Ron Paul, Chief Executive, immediately cutting down his Executive branch. Let the downsizing of DC begin! (no Congress needed)

erowe1
08-09-2011, 10:26 AM
But, the reverse is also true. The president can't spend anything without the congress passing it. A veto doesn't mean squat if the congress is not sending him spending bills to sign.

Great point.

libertybrewcity
08-09-2011, 10:27 AM
RP is not running for reelection so he would have to be the president. Paul Ryan is running for reelection in the house..

matt0611
08-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Paul Ryan is not running for President but Ron Paul is.

Why would you even ask a question like this?

Cowlesy
08-09-2011, 10:32 AM
I hate to have to defend Buchanan here; but he very well could have been framing the question like that to prevent a kneejerk reaction by neocon/brainwashed readers.

^^^Winner.