PDA

View Full Version : Soundbites You'd Like to Hear in Thursday's Debate

CaptUSA
08-09-2011, 06:52 AM
This was a fun exercise last time, I thought we could try again. Understanding that in today's environment, if you have to explain your position, you've already lost the argument, what short soundbites would you like to hear from Paul on Thursday?

I'll start.

"America has been living from one crisis to the next for a long time. Government loves a crisis because they can give themselves more power over you. But if you have sound money, a humble foreign policy, and obey the Constitution, you wouldn't have all of these crises all the time. Wouldn't that be nice? That's what my campaign is offering."

CaptUSA
08-09-2011, 07:28 AM
"They're blaming the Tea Party for the downgrade?! The Tea Party are just a bunch of ordinary American people standing in opposition to what the government has been doing. The government is responsisble for this downgrade - not the people! We can't let the government blame the people for expecting the government to behave responsibly."

acptulsa
08-09-2011, 07:30 AM
We went to Iran over yellowcake uranium that wasn't there. We went to Afghanistan for bin Laden and he wasn't there. We went to Libya at the behest of the U.N. instead of Congress. And we're still in these places, while the 9/11 hijackers all came from Saudi Arabia, which is one of the few places in the region where we haven't dropped one bomb. We spend trillions to take over all of these oil fields and give them to corporations, who make trillions and pay little or no taxes in return. And we wonder why we're broke and everyone hates us.

We gave trillions to the richest bankers on earth, and the only way we'll ever pay the resulting debt off is by printing so many dollars that they come out worth less than our grandfathers' pennies. It's the greatest scandal in American history, or should be. The Teapot Dome gang were pikers. The guys behind Credit Mobilier and the Transcontinental Railroad were rank amateurs. Never has there been graft on such a scale. Why aren't we throwing these bums out?

libertybrewcity
08-10-2011, 05:11 PM
I'd like all the candidates to hold hands and in unison endorse Ron Paul.

Justinfrom1776
08-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Ron: I have a history with rep. Bachmann, we go way back to 1976, when I was the delegate from Texas for Ronald Reagan's campaign and she worked for the Jimmy Carter Campaign.

(I'm sure he will articulate this better than me)

Justinfrom1776
08-11-2011, 01:27 AM
He should mention the negative impact the Bernack's decision to keep interest rates at 0% through 2013 will have on the dollar.. Ron has been talking about gold for a long time and gold has been making headlines lately, breaking new highs almost daily. He should hit on this as well.

He will be the only one really speaking about issues while the rest of the candidates stand up there cackling and repeating "Obama Failed America".

Romulus
08-11-2011, 07:18 AM
"Some might say the US will never default just because we can print more money, but THAT is precisely why we default on the American people everyday - we are printing away the value of the dollar!"

No Free Beer
08-11-2011, 07:36 AM
"So let me get this straight...."

Chieppa1
08-11-2011, 07:47 AM
"bitch, you crazy".

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-11-2011, 08:10 AM
The real power is in the hands of the people.

It is up to them... whether they choose to relenquish that power, or whether we decide to take responsibility for our lives and liberties.

If we continue to allow the federal government and its' powerful allies to dictate the course our nation will tread, it is not hard to imagine the consequences.

Instead of waking up in a few years time and wondering why the country you are living in no longer bears any resemblance to the America that you once cherished, why not awaken right now to the reality of what we are dealing with and make every effort neccesary to return to the principles of the Constitution that ensure life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to all.