PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Win the Iowa Straw Poll? -- By Doug Wead

MRoCkEd
08-09-2011, 06:12 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/DougWead/iowa-straw-ames-paul/2011/08/09/id/406607

Michele Bachmann: The Minnesota congresswoman is the Iowa front-runner. For a couple of years she faithfully audited Congressman Ron Paul's Thursday group. The wheels must have been turning. "If I can merge this new tea party movement with Evangelical Christian support, I could win Iowa." By all odds she has pulled it off.

Nowadays, Bachmann, who voted for the Bush bank bailout and represented the IRS in citizen audits, is portrayed by the national media as a tea party leader. She should win this Ames contest and win it big. Iowa is her home state, her birthplace. But if she doesn't win convincingly her brand may be in trouble. Former Alsaka Gov. Sarah Palin, or more likely, current Texas Gov. Rick Perry, may step in to pick up the pieces.

<snip>

Ron Paul: He is called "the father of the tea party" and described by David Stockman as "the only presidential candidate who really understands the economy." Paul has surged this week and is now coming in third in most national polls. If he beats Romney or Pawlenty it will be huge. If he beats Bachmann, it will be the talk of the nation for five months.

LibertyEagle
08-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Man, there are two major typos in that article.

CaptUSA
08-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Good job of raising Bachman's expectations and lowering Paul's.

Bruno
08-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Alsaka

YumYum
08-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Alsaka

Are you serious!! If you are..

Let's go!!! Let me take care of a few things, and I'm with you and ready to head out!!

And please forgive me for posting all that stuff about gold going down! I've been humbled. I think you and I(and anybody else on this forum that wants to go) will survive up there, not here!! (and, I am going to have fun while I am at it). Anybody wanna go halibut fishing? Ever had Yak meat?

Anyways, there are atheists I can witness to in Alaska. That is my calling.

Screw this mess, and the lower 48!!!!!!!

MRoCkEd
08-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Are you serious!! If you are..

Let's go!!! Let me take care of a few things, and I'm with you and ready to head out!!

And please forgive me for posting all that stuff about gold going down! I've been humbled. I think you and I(and anybody else on this forum that wants to go) will survive up there, not here!! (and, I am going to have fun while I am at it). Anybody wanna go halibut fishing? Ever had Yak meat?

Anyways, there are atheists I can witness to in Alaska. That is my calling.

Screw this mess, and the lower 48!!!!!!!
YumYum, you are the troll of all trolls.

nelsonwinters
08-09-2011, 07:17 AM
I think he meant that she attended his Thursday group. Unfortunate typo.

brushfire
08-09-2011, 07:20 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YbfDNTAiZQ8/TREGEg5wKSI/AAAAAAAAFOM/EKaL7JjQzYU/s1600/pins1.jpg

YumYum
08-09-2011, 07:22 AM
YumYum, you are the troll of all trolls.

Well, MRoCkEd, you know that you have to troll when you fish for trout and salmon. Now, that is the kind of trolling I want to do. On a serious note, if Ron Paul doesn't win this election, have you considered relocating to a different area, say, like Alaska?

rp08orbust
08-09-2011, 07:22 AM

To audit literally means to listen. It's just not a common use of the word.

limequat
08-09-2011, 07:25 AM

"Audited" makes sense too, and has a sinister connotation. Especially given her IRS background. I'd call that good writing.

LibertyEagle
08-09-2011, 07:27 AM

I'm not thinking that was a typo. :)

Sola_Fide
08-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Great great great

Bruno
08-09-2011, 07:46 AM
I meant that it was one of the typos mentioned, though perhaps intentional as LE says above.

Thomas
08-09-2011, 08:35 AM
sly doug wead lol

specsaregood
08-09-2011, 08:39 AM
"Audited" makes sense too, and has a sinister connotation. Especially given her IRS background. I'd call that good writing.

I think you caught the intended subtle reference.