PDA

View Full Version : Rain at Ames!

Article V
08-09-2011, 05:15 AM
Is anyone else hoping it rains the day of the Ames Straw Poll?

I figure rain might keep many people from attending, whereas Ron Paul supporters would trudge through snow-covered mountains to vote at this straw poll. So I figure our odds of winning are better if there is inclement weather, because the "fair-weather" supporters of other candidates will decide to stay home.

Also, since Ron Paul's tent is right outside the main event arena (and the other tents are a short walk), I figure rain would encourage more undecideds to congregate in Ron Paul's tent rather than get drenched crossing to Bachmann's world or elsewhere. And the more people are exposed to Ron Paul, the more likely they are to vote for him.

Let's all do an Ames rain dance for Ron Paul on the 13th.

AlexAmore
08-09-2011, 05:17 AM
LOL I already checked the weather for the same reason. It's unfortunately gonna be perfect for this kind of event. Weather can change though.

edit: Used the wrong word for weather /facepalm

Article V
08-09-2011, 05:19 AM
LOL I already checked the whether for the same reason. It's unfortunately gonna be perfect for this kind of event. Whether can change though.Haha! Me too!! But it rains on Friday, so perhaps that might change to Saturday...or perhaps the previous day's rain will make it a muddy Saturday walk to the other candidate's tents (which would be the next best thing to rain).

AlexAmore
08-09-2011, 05:23 AM
I did notice Friday and I almost mentioned it but then I'm getting my hopes up lol. You're right it could have some after-effects.

Muddy opposition is always a welcome opposition!

freedom-maniac
08-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Can you say "Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot"?

Good weather reports for Ames?

I am hoping to God that there is a butterfly flaping its wings in Peking right now.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Someone fire up HAARP plz.

MelissaCato
08-09-2011, 05:46 AM
someone fire up haarp plz.

lol

economics102
08-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Don't worry guys, I'm on it.

Article V
08-09-2011, 05:51 AM
50% chance of thunderstorms Friday the 10th, 30% chance of rain throughout Friday night...a muddy Saturday morning could be in the cards!

LibertyEagle
08-09-2011, 06:01 AM
It would probably help the outcome more if any of you guys who aren't currently would call some Iowa Republican voters and try to get them there for Ron Paul. :p :)

There are a couple of calling programs going that need more callers.

Elwar
08-09-2011, 06:05 AM
This was what everyone was hoping for the New Hampshire primaries in 2008, a blizzard to keep non-committed people at home.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-09-2011, 06:09 AM
50% chance of thunderstorms Friday the 10th, 30% chance of rain throughout Friday night...a muddy Saturday morning could be in the cards!
It's my understanding that the campaign's plot of land is elevated above others, and grassy thus less susceptible to mud. I've also heard that the others will be a mud pit if it indeed does rain.

Elwar
08-09-2011, 06:15 AM
It's my understanding that the campaign's plot of land is elevated above others, and grassy thus less susceptible to mud. I've also heard that the others will be a mud pit if it indeed does rain.

Damn...so Ron Paul's plot will be missing this:
http://vvoice.vo.llnwd.net/e14//lollapalooza-2011s-mud-people.7059046.87.jpg

Oukvekpwv
08-09-2011, 06:18 AM
I haven't seen the news yet today but yesterday morning they said chance of rain on saturday morning.. then later in the day it changed to no chance of rain.. its supposed to rain on friday.. things can always change.. we shall see what happens..

update:i caught the news this morning and it showed chance of t-storms saturday morning.. so idk how it'l go.. weather is always weird in IA.. either way we know RP supporters will show.. i plan to be there before 8am (to volunteer) so my vote is definite..

Napoleon's Shadow
08-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Damn...so Ron Paul's plot will be missing this:Remember the average voter is way over the age of 50..... now picture that

John of Des Moines
08-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Someone fire up HAARP plz.

They are doing military air exercises over northwest Iowa this week ... hmmmm.