PDA

View Full Version : Help Proof-Read / Critique Ron Paul Letter to Family

d1sCo
08-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey guys,

I am writing up a letter to mail out to some of my friends and family alongside some Ron Paul information and the "For Liberty" Recut DVD for them to watch. I am afraid my letter is a little too long winded. Any critique or advice on how to improve it would be appreciated, I want to make sure I get the maximum effect here.

Here is the letter below:

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope that you are all doing well during these hard times of economic downturn and uncertainty. If one thing is becoming increasingly clear, it is that our country is in trouble and that things will only get worse if our government continues head down its current path. Unemployment is spiraling out of control as our government recklessly prints more and more money while dramatically increasing our debt. Long gone are the sound, fiscally responsible, and liberty minded principles of our founding fathers. Who in an attempt to save this countries people from tyranny and repression drafted the most sublime human rights document in history, the constitution. This country has changed dramatically over the course of the past 235 years and I doubt the founders could have imagined what our country would look like in their wildest dreams or nightmares. It seems in these times of turmoil and corruption there is hardly anyone that can be trusted and least of all politicians. Who then could we possibly count on to lead this country out of the darkness and back into the light of liberty?

That is precisely why I am writing to you all. It is my sincerest hope that you would take a few minutes to listen to what I have to say about a man who I have grown to respect and admire immensely. A man whose moral fiber, honesty and dependability are second to none in politics today. A man who believes more than anything that the government exists to protect our God given rights to freedom and liberty. A man who has had the courage and resolve to stand up for what he believes in, even when his peers, polls, and the status quo pressure him to do otherwise. A man who has received more donations from active duty military then any other current candidate for president (including Obama). A man who wants to stop this governments out of control spending and debasement of our currency. A man who has been called the “tax payers best friend”, “the Thomas Jefferson of our day”, and the “champion of the constitution”. The man of which I speak is a humble Congressman from the 14th district of Texas, Dr. Ron Paul.

Ron Paul has captured my imagination and placed a burning desire within me to save this country. You see, Ron Paul is not “just some politician” he is not like all the rest in Washington, no Ron Paul is different, very different. For the past 30 some odd years, Ron Paul has been fighting for me, for you, and for the American people. Standing up against big government, big corporations, and the military-industrial complex. He has never voted to raise taxes, to increase the congressional salary, to raise the debt, or to bailout any “too big to fail” banks or corporation. His voting record is pristine, during his entire time in congress he has never voted for a bill he believed was unconstitutional, even when that meant voting against the entire body of congress. I have thoroughly researched this man, he is as honorable, truthful, and principled as they come. I have watched videos from 1988 and on up to 2011 of him where he is saying the exact same thing as he was then. He does not change his message based on what he thinks people want to hear, rather he stays consistent telling people what they need to hear, the wisdom of our founding fathers. I give you my sworn word that Ron Paul is not just another politician, he is something more.

I encourage you to google Ron Paul, search for his videos on Youtube, or call me and I will talk to you about him. Whatever the case I know that when you take a moment to sit down and really listen to this man you will understand just how much sense he makes. Other republican candidates may come along and come off as presidential and knowledgeable. However, let me assure you that Ron Paul has spent the past 30+ years of his life reading, studying, and living economic policy and the Constitution. There is no one more fit or prepared to lead our country during these hard times. Ron Paul is the only candidate to correctly predict the current and past economic crisis we find ourselves in years in advance. He warned us all of the coming housing bubble crash several years before it happened, yet no one listened at the time. He is clearly the most qualified candidate, we need a truly strong, knowledgeable and principled man. We need Dr. Ron Paul.

It may come to be the case that you do not agree with Ron Paul on every stance he takes. I think that is only natural and is to be expected with any situation in life. However, I think it is Ron Paul's young message of liberty and individual freedom that we can all agree on, no matter what disagreements we may have. Ron Paul wants to protect your rights and help keep money in the hands of the tax payers. He understands just how dangerous our over grown and far reaching government has become.

I hope that you will join me in giving your full and enthusiastic support to the one man who is truly qualified and able to lead this country. Along with this letter you will find enclosed a copy of the “For Liberty” documentary, detailing Ron Paul's impact from the 2008 election and forward. I hope that it will help show you how truly special Dr. Paul is. Please watch it and when you are done pass it on to a friend and make them promise to do the same. You will also find an insert detailing more information about Ron Paul and how you can find out more and help support his campaign. He needs our support, especially in these early days of the election.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking some time out of your day to hear what I had to say.

Thank You,

Matt Metcalf

PS: Here are some websites that can help you learn more about Ron Paul:

www.ronpaulflix.com
www.dailypaul.com
www.ronpaul2012.com
www.ronpaulforums.com

trey4sports
08-08-2011, 10:27 PM
+rep

Suzu
08-08-2011, 11:00 PM
It is quite long... In the process of correcting grammar, punctuation, spelling and syntax, I struck quite a lot of excess verbiage, shrinking the body of the letter by 30% (from 1,014 down to 718 words). May still be a little too long.

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope that you are doing well during this time of economic downturn and uncertainty. Things will get worse if our country continues to head down its current path. Unemployment is spiraling out of control, as our government recklessly prints more and more money while dramatically increasing our debt.

This country has changed dramatically over the past 235 years, and I doubt the founders could have imagined in their wildest dreams (or nightmares) how it is today. It seems in these times of turmoil and corruption, there is hardly anyone who can be trusted -- politicians, least of all. Who can lead this country back into the light of liberty?

That is precisely why I am writing to you all. It is my sincerest hope that you will take a few minutes to read what I have to say about a man I have grown to respect and admire immensely. He is man whose moral fiber, honesty and dependability are second to none in politics today.

The man I want to introduce to you believes the government exists to protect our freedom. He stands up for what he believes in, even when his peers, polls, and the status quo pressure him to do otherwise. He has received more donations from active duty military than any other current candidate for president (including Obama). He wants to stop this government's out-of-control spending and debasement of our currency. He has been called the “taxpayer's best friend”, “the Thomas Jefferson of our day”, and the “Champion of the Constitution”. His name is Dr. Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is not “just some politician"; he is not like all the rest in Washington. No, Ron Paul is very different. For over thirty years, Ron Paul has been fighting against big government, big corporations, and the military-industrial complex. He has never voted to raise taxes, to increase the congressional salary, to raise the debt, or to bail out any “too big to fail” banks or corporations. His voting record is pristine; during his entire time in congress he has never voted for a bill he believed was unconstitutional, even when that meant voting against the entire body of congress.

I have thoroughly researched this man and found that he is honorable, truthful, principled and consistent. He does not change his message based on what he thinks people want to hear. I give you my word that Ron Paul is not just another politician. He is something more.

I encourage you to google Ron Paul, search for his videos on Youtube, or call me and I will talk to you about him. When you sit down and really listen to this man you will understand just how much sense he makes. Other republican candidates may seem presidential and knowledgeable. However, let me assure you that Ron Paul has spent the past 30+ years of his life reading, studying, and living economic policy and the Constitution. There is no one more fit or prepared to lead our country during these hard times.

Ron Paul is the only candidate to correctly predict the economic crisis we find ourselves in, years in advance. He warned us all of the housing bubble crash several years before it happened, yet few listened at the time. He is clearly the most qualified candidate.

You might not agree with Ron Paul on every stance he takes. I think that is only natural. However, I think it is Ron Paul's message of liberty and individual freedom that we can all agree on. Ron Paul wants to protect your rights and help you keep your money instead of paying it out in taxes. He understands just how dangerous our overgrown and far-reaching government has become.

Along with this letter you will find enclosed a copy of the “For Liberty” documentary, detailing Ron Paul's impact from the 2008 election and forward. I hope that it will help show you how truly special Dr. Paul is. Please watch it, and then pass it on to a friend. You will also find an insert detailing more information about Ron Paul and how you can find out more and help support his campaign. He needs our support, especially in these early days of the election. {just insert the material - no need to lengthen the already very long letter with this comment}

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking some time out of your day to read this note, and I hope that you will join me in giving your full and enthusiastic support to the one man who is truly qualified and able to lead this country.