PDA

View Full Version : Walworth county?

bizz
08-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Hi all

I was wondering if there are any Walworth county RP supporters on here? I'm new here but became awake during the 2008 election and have had a hard time finding fellow RP fans in my area. The closest meetup group I found was in Racine. It would be nice to get some liberty minded individuals together to shake up the Walworth County GOP.

WRellim
12-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Yup. Haven't checked in here in a while, but I'm up here just north of Elkhorn.

I was rather active in the 2008 season, running a Walworth meetup and sponsoring one for UW Whitewater. Got a bit burned out, and felt a bit betrayed at the middle/end of the 2008 campaign, and figured I would hang back on this cycle to see whether RP actually wanted to do it SERIOUSLY this time, or if it was yet another "educational & raise money for a foundation" thing.

It LOOKS like he is actually hitting the ground and out there campaigning (though I still wonder what he will do once the snow starts flying thick and deep and the temperature drops in Iowa and NH).

The Wisconsin primary isn't until April (more than a month after Super Tuesday) so local stuff is really pretty irrelevant -- and especially at this stage.

BUT, that said, I do still have some "leftovers" (chiefly a couple of the big huge 4' x 8' Ron Paul signs -- they still say 2008 in the corner but that could easily be painted over with a quick shot of spray paint).

Lemme know if you're still interested/up for anything. I'll try to check back within the week.

Cheers!

bizz
12-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Your right that there isn't a whole lot we could do regarding Ron in this area because the WI primary is so late in the season. I think it would beneficial to start hammering our congressman on his dismal record on civil liberties though. How many people in the district even know that Ryan has voted over and over to renew the Patriot Act and he voted for the latest NDAA? His feet need to be held to the fire on these issues.

Shoot me an email jeff_holden1973@yahoo.com Maybe we can hook up and get some things done.

mgill355
12-20-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm in East Troy. I have been extremely happy to find that a lot of the people I've talked with in town are also familiar with Ron Paul and believe he's the "only one who makes any sense."

I think we may come to find many of those who seem quiet will also quietly go to the polls in April...

Count me in if anybody wants to make any plans or has a good idea.

Personally, I ordered a stack of 100 "Plan to Restore America" cards, and I've been passing them out to people I know, as well as giving those who are interested some of my cards to pass out themselves.

mgill355
12-20-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm in East Troy. I have been extremely happy to find that a lot of the people I've talked with in town are also familiar with Ron Paul and believe he's the "only one who makes any sense."

I think we may come to find many of those who seem quiet will also quietly go to the polls in April...

Count me in if anybody wants to make any plans or has a good idea.

Personally, I ordered a stack of 100 "Plan to Restore America" cards, and I've been passing them out to people I know, as well as giving those who are interested some of my cards to pass out themselves.