PDA

View Full Version : Comrade Michael Moore calls for arrest of S&P 500 head

Agorism
08-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Michael Moore to Obama: ‘Show some guts,’ arrest S&P head (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/8/michael-moore-obama-show-some-guts-arrest-sp-head/)

http://perfunction.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/29/michael_moore_jesus_h_christ_hes_fa.jpg

roho76
08-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I can't believe people don't see this ass for the hypocrite that he is. A capitalist who hates capitalism.

Cutlerzzz
08-08-2011, 08:32 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uBT1xgiFSTw/S5XxkTOANpI/AAAAAAAABy8/KvxXkBqfU1U/s400/michael-moore-pizza.jpg

Well, hopefully people around here will stop calling this piece of filth principled.

TCE
08-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Screw free speech, arrest S&P head for speaking out against you. Makes sense.

Jack Bauer
08-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Arrest that Paul Revere guy. He's bringing the British with him.

A classic case of shoot the messenger.

nobody's_hero
08-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Do you think it's possible, though, that the S&P are Bush fans?

(I thought of this before Michael Moore, so don't flame too hard. I'd been sitting here trying to figure out why S&P made Fannie/Freddie look better than they were under Bush but they didn't seem to hesitate under Obama. Not that I'm crying over this, of course, but I do have to wonder if these credit rating agencies are really as much about 'financials' as they are 'politics'. I also wonder if Moody's is being bribed not to downgrade.)

TCE
08-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Do you think it's possible, though, that the S&P are Bush fans?

(I thought of this before Michael Moore, so don't flame too hard. I'd been sitting here trying to figure out why S&P made Fannie/Freddie look better than they were under Bush but they didn't seem to hesitate under Obama. Not that I'm crying over this, of course, but I do have to wonder if these credit rating agencies are really as much about 'financials' as they are 'politics'. I also wonder if Moody's is being bribed not to downgrade.)

According to this: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/08/why-s-p-s-ratings-are-substandard-and-porous/, S&P are always late to the party and will do what they can to not allow widespread panic. So if it becomes obvious that a country is basically junk status, they'll let it go for a while, then downgrade them one at a time. And yes, I know it's the New York Times but it's Nate Silver. The article goes on to say that there is a 52% chance the U.S. is downgraded again within two years.

I wouldn't doubt Moody isn't getting either bribed or threatened.

AuH20
08-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Want a credit extension on your lagging credit line? No problem. According to Michael Moore's reasoning, you can just walk into the CEO's office and perform a citizen's arrest if your demands aren't met. Is this guy serious?

flightlesskiwi
08-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Want a credit extension on your lagging credit line? No problem. According to Michael Moore's reasoning, you can just walk into the CEO's office and perform a citizen's arrest if your demands aren't met. Is this guy serious?

as serious as his soon-to-happen heart attack.

Carehn
08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
In the end the only thing the left has is a gun.

ClayTrainor
08-08-2011, 08:58 PM
In the end the only thing the left has is a gun.

Not true. The left is against gun ownership! :p

(Yea... heavy amounts of sarcasm)

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-08-2011, 08:59 PM

not for the police and military it would seem

Romulus
08-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Brilliant.

Romulus
08-08-2011, 09:00 PM

ironic, isn't it?

Carehn
08-08-2011, 09:01 PM

This post is truly brilliant. Rep must be added.

KingRobbStark
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
After the economy collapses, I'm going to eat Michael Moore to keep me from starving to death. The rest of him I will sell, and resurrect the American economy. It's all planned out. That fat fuck is our savoir.

flightlesskiwi
08-08-2011, 09:15 PM
After the economy collapses, I'm going to eat Michael Moore to keep me from starving to death. The rest of him I will sell, and resurrect the American economy. It's all planned out. That fat fuck is our savoir.

make sure you cook him well done. wouldn't want to get any parasites.

KingRobbStark
08-08-2011, 09:34 PM
make sure you cook him well done. wouldn't want to get any parasites.

Will do.