PDA

View Full Version : Will the GOP sacrifice itself to stop Ron?

willwash
08-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Say Ron wins the GOP nod. I'm thinking the machine might have Romney or Bachmann (or maybe someone like Palin who hasn't announced) run as an independent to suck up Ron Paul votes and guarantee Obama wins the general.

I honestly thought Trey Greyson was going to do this to stop Rand, but I guess "they" figured one Senator can't do that much damage.

Carehn
08-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Thats what trump will do for them.

This way no party insider looks like a trader. Trump is the joker card for them. and by them i mean both partys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj8f2LVXlx8

civusamericanus
08-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Thats what trump will do for them.

This way no party insider looks like a trader. Trump is the joker card for them. and by them i mean both partys.
I'd say Bloomberg will run independent, instead of Trump.

DamianTV
08-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Will the GOP sacrifice itself to stop Ron?

Youre thinking along the lines that there are really two separate parties in Congress. Those that control most of the members of Congress will have no trouble sacrificing the GOP this time around since they control who gets nominated for the Democrats. They lose nothing. We lose everything.

Ron Paul Must Win the GOP Nomination!

---

One of those two said they have no intention of running, but I dont remember which one...

angelatc
08-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Sure. If Ron does well in NH, they'll make sure other candidates fold and throw their support to somebody else. That's what they did to Buchanan.

Carehn
08-08-2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj8f2LVXlx8

willwash
08-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Trump has said specifically that he likes Ron but doesn't think he can win. And that was based on poll data from months ago. I don't see Trump jumping in and spending millions of his own dollars on a high profile puppet campaign just to make sure that neither he nor Paul wins, and hand the election to Obama (who he has bashed relentlessly). I think Trump's actually a pretty good guy and wants to see some libertarian-type of changes to the market, and his ego is way to big to play the role of pawn. If anyone, I think it'd be Palin or maybe old Huckleberry

Carehn
08-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Trump has said specifically that he likes Ron but doesn't think he can win. And that was based on poll data from months ago. I don't see Trump jumping in and spending millions of his own dollars on a high profile puppet campaign just to make sure that neither he nor Paul wins, and hand the election to Obama (who he has bashed relentlessly). I think Trump's actually a pretty good guy and wants to see some libertarian-type of changes to the market, and his ego is way to big to play the role of pawn. If anyone, I think it'd be Palin or maybe old Huckleberry

Was Trump not a Democrat only like 6 years ago. I think he is evil.

asurfaholic
08-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Jeez..trump video. Sounds like someone might get "hit" if that somebody is the wrong candidate..

parocks
08-08-2011, 07:43 PM
We want Bloomberg to run.

He'll get votes in NY, NJ, CT. Places where Republicans never win.

Aratus
08-08-2011, 07:51 PM
shades of TR + Taft tacitly electing Wilson?
what if Trump runs if Romney or Perry wins?

trey4sports
08-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Say Ron wins the GOP nod. I'm thinking the machine might have Romney or Bachmann (or maybe someone like Palin who hasn't announced) run as an independent to suck up Ron Paul votes and guarantee Obama wins the general.

I honestly thought Trey Greyson was going to do this to stop Rand, but I guess "they" figured one Senator can't do that much damage.

The political universe is not Paul-centric. Politicians are mainly working in self-interest there is not some giant conspiracy against Ron Paul. That's not to say there isn't scheming but this idea that the political world revolves around Ron Paul is incorrect in my opinion.

anaconda
08-08-2011, 08:08 PM
The political universe is not Paul-centric. Politicians are mainly working in self-interest there is not some giant conspiracy against Ron Paul. That's not to say there isn't scheming but this idea that the political world revolves around Ron Paul is incorrect in my opinion.

But it revolves around certain crucial systems that would be in great jeopardy to the vast majority of these people. Anyone who could threaten the status quo system would quickly become the center of their universe, in a very confrontational and ugly way.

Fredom101
08-08-2011, 09:39 PM

Nope, it'll go down like it always does. The people who pull the strings already have their backup plan to Obama. It's likely Rick Perry, but we will see when they start floating him and calling him a frontrunner. If republicans are okay with him, I can almost guarantee he will be our next president. If they reject him like they did the Ghoul, they will hand it over to Romney or someone else, and either put them in the white house or have Obama win again with the constant message of, "It was a Bush economy and Obama just needs more time."

Politics sucks, all I can say is don't expect that the right thing will happen.