PDA

View Full Version : Cato: Ron Paul in Iowa

sailingaway
08-08-2011, 02:10 PM
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/ron-paul-in-iowa/

and they don't even mention the new Rasmussen poll with Ron in third place with 16%

LadyBastiat
08-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Because in fact, Ron Paul finished fifth in the 2007 Iowa Straw Poll.

And that means what? Cato is a bunch of douche-bags. Paul is exactly the kind of candidate they should be getting excited about and all they can do is bad mouth him. I also notice in these "elections" how the media talks more about out-reach rather than policy appeal. I know that's just the way it is but I still don't understand why people would be more willing to vote for someone based on being "contacted" rather than based on policy position.

Badger Paul
08-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Cato = Koch = Anti-Paul.

sailingaway
08-08-2011, 02:23 PM
I know they are, but they do at least say if he finishes better than 5th it can't be shrugged off because the question is, why is he doing better now than then, and how much better now than then will he do i the primaries?

Will writes:

"If Paul finishes first or second, the political community will shrug: There he goes again, the Babe Ruth of straw polls."

Well, maybe they will. But they shouldn’t. Because in fact, Ron Paul finished fifth in the 2007 Iowa Straw Poll. So if he finishes first or second or even third this year, it will in fact signal a major increase in his ability to reach and turn out voters. That might be because he’s making a far more intense effort to actually organize in Iowa than he did in 2007-8. Or it might be because, as Will did acknowledge, “events seem to be validating his message, which is that the country’s financial condition is awful.” But it won’t be something to shrug at.

specsaregood
08-08-2011, 02:23 PM
And that means what? Cato is a bunch of douche-bags.

FWIW, even though it is spelled different; anytime I see the word Cato, I think Kato:
http://www.mouthnews.com/wp-content/uploads/images/kato-kaelin.jpg

LadyBastiat
08-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I know. :(

But I still don't understand why the "establishment" doesn't understand that it's more than just "reaching out" to voters. Sure I understand part of reaching out is getting your position points to voters, but really the reason he's doing better is because people really are beginning to understand how right his positions are. They act like its some sort of mystery when its pretty simple. We're going friggin broke and we're tired of government trying to convince us we aren't.

sailingaway
08-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I know. :(

But I still don't understand why the "establishment" doesn't understand that it's more than just "reaching out" to voters. Sure I understand part of reaching out is getting your position points to voters, but really the reason he's doing better is because people really are beginning to understand how right his positions are. They act like its some sort of mystery when its pretty simple. We're going friggin broke and we're tired of government trying to convince us we aren't.

They don't like that answer.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-08-2011, 03:02 PM
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/ron-paul-in-iowa/

and they don't even mention the new Rasmussen poll with Ron in third place with 16%
This blog was written before the Rasmussen poll came out.

And that means what? Cato is a bunch of douche-bags. Paul is exactly the kind of candidate they should be getting excited about and all they can do is bad mouth him. I also notice in these "elections" how the media talks more about out-reach rather than policy appeal. I know that's just the way it is but I still don't understand why people would be more willing to vote for someone based on being "contacted" rather than based on policy position.
They do have to be careful not to be seen endorsing him or they will lose their tax status. And there was nothing in that blog that was bad, it was honest, and in fact it even showed RP in a positive light.

heavenlyboy34
08-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Cato = Koch = Anti-Paul.
QFT. Beware of the tentacles of the Kochtopus! :eek: