PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't "Raw" Milk be Changed to Fresh Milk?

AGRP
08-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Wording goes a long way. Frank Luntz proves it. So why not go with it?

Raw sounds bad. Raw is often associated with things like a rash or something that needs to be cooked. But this isnt necessarily a slimy Frank Luntz move. Its the truth. Raw milk IS fresh milk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4

sailingaway
08-08-2011, 12:16 PM
I agree. One doesn't think of milk as something that needs to be cooked....

Kelly.
08-08-2011, 12:38 PM
raw/fresh milk should just be called milk.
pasteurized milk should be labeled: Dead milk

just my opinion.

Revolution9
08-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes. Truth in advertising.

Rev9

puppetmaster
08-08-2011, 12:43 PM
freshy fresh

Romulus
08-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Yes!

goRPaul
08-08-2011, 12:48 PM
For the same reason, I believe it should be called "cannibis" or "hemp" instead of "marijuana"

AGRP
08-08-2011, 12:53 PM
raw/fresh milk should just be called milk.
pasteurized milk should be labeled: Dead milk

just my opinion.

Youre right, but theres a defacto difference between the milk that people are being terrorized for selling verses the milk people aren't being terrorized for selling. The "raw" milk that you want to call milk is not milk according to the state and their propaganda machine. By them (and us) labeling it raw milk, we assume guilt immediately out of the gate because people see raw as something that needs to be healed or altered.

We will win the marketing game if we label it fresh milk because fresh is something that everyone prefers. The "dead milk" can never claim to be fresh.

PastaRocket848
08-08-2011, 02:05 PM
i've never understood Ron's desire to push the "milk issue". i know it's a freedom thing... but i think that one kind of puts him in the "kooky folder" for some people.

i'd stick to talking about the economy, personally.

Nate
08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
i've never understood Ron's desire to push the "milk issue". i know it's a freedom thing... but i think that one kind of puts him in the "kooky folder" for some people.

His family owed a dairy when he was growing up. His first job was at the age of 5 inspecting the bottles at the dairy, he received 1 penny for every dirty one he found. It's a personal issue, I'm sure. "He was serious about his job..." ~Carol Paul

AGRP
08-08-2011, 02:49 PM

His family owed a dairy when he was growing up. His first job was at the age of 5 inspecting the bottles at the dairy, he received 1 penny for every dirty one he found. It's a personal issue, I'm sure. "He was serious about his job..." ~Carol Paul

I think its a key issue.

Its important to anyone who cares about their health. Anyone who is pro: local foods, health, farmer, anti-big agra is a potential liberty/ron paul supporter.

PastaRocket848
08-08-2011, 03:28 PM
i agree with ron on the issue... and it is a matter of liberty... i just think the mainstream does a "wtf?" every time he starts talking about milk out of the blue lol

Kelly.
08-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Youre right, but theres a defacto difference between the milk that people are being terrorized for selling verses the milk people aren't being terrorized for selling. The "raw" milk that you want to call milk is not milk according to the state and their propaganda machine. By them (and us) labeling it raw milk, we assume guilt immediately out of the gate because people see raw as something that needs to be healed or altered.

We will win the marketing game if we label it fresh milk because fresh is something that everyone prefers. The "dead milk" can never claim to be fresh.

i am part owner in a herd, i completely understand what is at stake!

i like where this is going. i am going to request that the "raw milk" in my area start being advertised as FRESH Milk in an attempt to get it to stick.

AGRP
08-08-2011, 04:50 PM

i like where this is going. i am going to request that the "raw milk" in my area start being advertised as FRESH Milk in an attempt to get it to stick.

I would check into the legalities and be careful about how you sell it (advise customers that it is not pasteurized/etc) because you could get in trouble with something. As far as your selling, Im not sure that you would sell more or reach your target market because those who are looking for "raw" milk will not realize that is what you are selling. But, you could definitely gain new customers who want fresh milk :) (tell its not pasteurized/etc)

Im looking at this from a marketing and winning the hearts and minds standpoint (besides it being the truth). I believe more people will be apt to our cause if they read that someone was busted for selling "fresh milk" rather than "raw milk."

bwlibertyman
08-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Isn't it bs that you have to be "part owner in a herd" just to buy fresh milk? I bought fresh milk for about a year. It was too much of a hassle to drive half an hour away just to pick up a gallon of milk. I agree it's healthier and all that but it just wasn't worth it for me being a student an all.

I just with I didn't have to sign a contract in order to buy milk. I wish I could go to the store and have the choice to pick fresh milk or dead milk.

AGRP
08-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Isn't it bs that you have to be "part owner in a herd" just to buy fresh milk? I bought fresh milk for about a year. It was too much of a hassle to drive half an hour away just to pick up a gallon of milk. I agree it's healthier and all that but it just wasn't worth it for me being a student an all.

I just with I didn't have to sign a contract in order to buy milk. I wish I could go to the store and have the choice to pick fresh milk or dead milk.

That sounds so much better! :D

rawful
08-08-2011, 05:20 PM
And the "free" market should be called the "peaceful" or "voluntary" market. People hear free and get scared because of the "anarchy = chaos" mindset.

youngbuck
08-09-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/cartoons/Rawesome-Foods_600.jpg

PastaRocket848
08-09-2011, 03:24 PM
just out of pure curiosity... what are the arguments for and against fresh milk? benefits/drawbacks? why is it illegal in the first place?

dannno
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
just out of pure curiosity... what are the arguments for and against fresh milk? benefits/drawbacks? why is it illegal in the first place?

Claims For:

Increase in nutrients
Increase in beneficial enzymes
Reduction in asthma/allergies (http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749%2806%2900651-8/abstract)

Claims Against:

Increase pathogens like e.Coli, salmonella, tuberculosis, etc.
Doesn't keep as long making it more difficult to transport to customers further away from the dairy

Zippyjuan
08-09-2011, 03:58 PM
It is perhaps ironic that I have noticed in my local grocery store that the organic milk (both name brand and the store brand) has a much longer "sell by" date than the "regular" milk. That means that it has been more processed (pasturized- milk gets heated about 100 degrees hotter than regular pasturization) than the other milk and could be older by the time you drink it meaning lower nutrition (though the loss of nutritional content is probably not terribly significant).

http://www.bottomlinesecrets.com/article.html?article_id=42683

According to Ron Schmid, ND, a naturopathic physician at the Alternative Medicine Center in Connecticut and author of The Untold Story of Milk (New Trends), organic milk -- from cows who are raised antibiotic- and hormone-free -- may in fact be less nutritious because it is frequently ultra-pasteurized to give it extra-long shelf life. "The ultra-pasteurization process is even worse than standard pasteurization since it kills not only the bacteria (both good and bad) but also many of the other beneficial properties in the milk," he told me. (Ultra-pasteurized milk is pasteurized at a higher temperature for a shorter period of time.)

"In fact," says Dr. Schmid, "ultrapasteurizing is so successful at killing things that they don't even have to refrigerate the milk afterward (if it's packaged in aseptic packaging). The only reason they do is because no one would buy milk if it was on the shelf next to cereal instead of in the cooler." The problem is, he says, that along with destroying the dangerous bacteria -- the reason milk undergoes this process in the first place -- ultra-pasteurization simultaneously destroys every good thing, like enzymes and friendly, helpful bacteria, which gave milk its positive reputation in the first place.

ghengis86
08-09-2011, 04:25 PM
It is perhaps ironic that I have noticed in my local grocery store that the organic milk (both name brand and the store brand) has a much longer "sell by" date than the "regular" milk. That means that it has been more processed (pasturized- milk gets heated about 100 degrees hotter than regular pasturization) than the other milk and could be older by the time you drink it meaning lower nutrition (though the loss of nutritional content is probably not terribly significant).

http://www.bottomlinesecrets.com/article.html?article_id=42683

less hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, etc?

gerryb
08-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Claims For:

Increase in nutrients
Increase in beneficial enzymes
Reduction in asthma/allergies (http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749%2806%2900651-8/abstract)

Claims Against:

Increase pathogens like e.Coli, salmonella, tuberculosis, etc.
Doesn't keep as long making it more difficult to transport to customers further away from the dairy

Claim For:
natural integrity that kills pathogens (read "untold story of milk")
pasture(grass fed) based (ruminants like cows are vegetarians, they aren't supposed to eat other cows, chicken manure, or grains)
not factory farm produced
supports local economy/community
happy/healthy cows
decreased lactose intolerance due to enzyme lactase(which converts lactose into sugar) not being destroyed
yummy

Kelly.
08-10-2011, 09:09 AM
just had a glass of fresh goat milk this morning :)

hi FDA

RileyE104
08-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Wouldn't it be something if the campaign hired Frank Luntz? :eek:

Remember this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbTMEZeUsSE

Lymeade-Lady
08-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Pasteurization of milk was supposed to be a temporary safety measure while the dairies were cleaned up. Instead of clean dairies, we are now stuck with pasteurization, which kills off good and bad bacteria, as well as destroys vitamins, enzymes, and other helpful things. I only buy raw milk from places I've seen how clean they are. They hand milk and test (visual/smell) each animal's milk for anything off before they start milking. Twice we have been called that we couldn't get our milk on the scheduled day b/c something was off--once an antibiotic feed was accidentally given and the other time someone had milk a goat that might be sick and wasn't supposed to be included. They are super cautious (and they train interns, thus the mistakes, spread out over several years). Everything is very sterile. The animals aren't in a crowded barn and shot full of things to make up for their lack of health. The first week I tried it, I didn't really like the taste (goat is different from cow), but was craving it. Weird! I knew my body was reacting positively.

muh_roads
08-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Having poop in your milk isn't fresh.

Ninja Homer
08-28-2011, 08:57 PM

You really have to start by understanding the difference between factory cows, and organic grass-fed free range cows that are well taken care of. Factory cows are corn-fed (which is against their biology), diseased, constantly on antibiotics, and the milk they produce really isn't fit for human consumption. Factory milk NEEDS to be pasteurized, or people would get diseases from it.

Fresh milk from good cows is free from disease, and even after it sours it's ok for consumption (and has many uses (http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2009/04/dont-cry-over-sour-milk-using-your-raw-milk-gone-bad.html)).

The reason fresh milk was made illegal was to give commercial milk factories a monopoly and drive out family farms. On even ground, there's no way milk factories could compete... try some good fresh milk some time and you'll see what I mean. It's freaking delicious.

Anti Federalist
08-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Having poop in your milk isn't fresh.

Boiling the poop and leaving it in there isn't all that fresh either.

Modern understanding of microbiology and how to prevent pathogen infection can go a long ways toward eliminating the need to boil milk, just like you should not normally be required to boil water.

musicmax
08-28-2011, 09:20 PM
For the same reason, I believe it should be called "cannibis" or "hemp" instead of "marijuana"

Indeed, I believe the .gov started using the term "marijuana" because its Spanish/foreign.

affa
08-28-2011, 10:00 PM

this is a very, very important issue to some people, and across party lines. it's also tied together with the legalization of various drugs and home schooling.

affa
08-28-2011, 10:05 PM

Anytime gov't and large-agricultural companies can get together to shove the little guy out, they do. Another easy example is the 'organic' industry. I live in a city blessed with a ton of small farmers... pretty much all of whom produce organic food, but pretty none of whom can afford the various fees associated with being called 'organic'. it's great to know your farmer, and be able to even visit their farms... but it's terrible knowing the limitations they're forced to endure thanks to a gov't that is not their friend. large companies, obviously, have no problem doing that... and the requirements for that label were in part developed in a way to make sure they qualify, anyway.

Xenophage
08-28-2011, 10:57 PM
I like my milk ultra pasteurized. It lasts longer. Everyone should be free to drink gross raw milk if they want to though, and die from AIDS later. As for me though... well, I don't know why anybody likes milk very much anyhow. It's all gross. Would you go suck a cow? Ultra pasteurized skim milk is at least okay with some cereal.

Anyway... milk is boring.

gerryb
08-28-2011, 11:32 PM
I like my milk ultra pasteurized. It lasts longer. Everyone should be free to drink gross raw milk if they want to though, and die from AIDS later. As for me though... well, I don't know why anybody likes milk very much anyhow. It's all gross. Would you go suck a cow? Ultra pasteurized skim milk is at least okay with some cereal.

Why do you think ultra-pasteurized lasts longer?
It's dead.
You are what you eat...
Also, what happens if the pasteurized milk has a contaminate introduced into it after the milk was killed?
Now, what happens if that same contamination is introduced into raw, alive, self-healing milk?

Check out the book "The Untold Story of Milk".. It is a pretty interesting book about the history of milk, and has some info with the comparison of benefits between pasteurized vs. real milk

Tod
08-29-2011, 12:03 AM
unpasteurized milk

TexMac
08-29-2011, 12:08 AM
It should be called "unprocessed." That's a good buzzword for better for you.

gerryb
08-29-2011, 12:11 AM
It should be called "unprocessed." That's a good buzzword for better for you.
That's also one of the words that is used.

http://www.realmilk.com/

muh_roads
08-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Boiling the poop and leaving it in there isn't all that fresh either.

Modern understanding of microbiology and how to prevent pathogen infection can go a long ways toward eliminating the need to boil milk, just like you should not normally be required to boil water.

E.coli infested animal buttholes aren't near my drinking water.

Just playing devil's advocate. I think people should be able to drink whatever the hell they want. I just won't touch raw milk personally.

Kelly.
08-29-2011, 09:08 AM
E.coli infested animal buttholes aren't near my drinking water.

nor are they near my milk.

people that think all animal operations are dirty and disease infested really need to get out of the city and see where their food comes from.

DRHChi
08-29-2011, 09:57 AM

If you want some entertainment look up some "expert" commentary on how raw(fresh) milk is irresponsible. There are a few studies that are commonly cited which show that rates of disease from raw milk are higher than those from pasteurized milk. But when you look at the numbers they are always laughably small, and usually explainable by poor conditions or pre-existing major sicknesses in the patients, such as leukemia. I think there have literally been 2 deaths from fresh milk over the past 15 years, and about 100 hospitalizations. This is out of a population of about 10 million people who drink it regularly in America (btw that 10 million number is why a politician may cover the topic).

Next, the "experts" in the "scientific community" will say that there are no proven benefits from raw milk. This in itself is a remarkably stupid position to take. Just because the benefits haven't been proven doesn't mean they don't exist, and there are mountains of anecdotal evidence which suggest there could be benefits, and several plausible theories on why fresh milk is beneficial, many of which have already been brought up in this thread.

So the government and the "experts" position is that since there is a non-zero amount of illnesses linked to fresh milk, and no benefits can be proven, it should be illegal and no one should be drinking it. It is one of the most potent examples of the government coercing people into bad decisions, even if it has good intentions. (which it probably doesn't - there is probably some truth to the idea that the laws are in place to protect big ag companies)

MelissaWV
08-29-2011, 10:03 AM
nor are they near my milk.

people that think all animal operations are dirty and disease infested really need to get out of the city and see where their food comes from.

I've been around cows before. I'm sorry, but they are not the cleanest animals out there, and they "splash" themselves quite a bit while lying down, kicking about, running, walking, and so on. I've never seen a muddy (and I always hope it's just mud) udder dangling down from a cow and thought "wow! I'm thirsty! I'd LOVE a swig off of that!"

I don't generally drink milk anyhow. It is highly unlikely that commercial milk is that much cleaner, as their operations are horrible to behold.

I support the "raw milk" folks of course, but I personally wouldn't care for it.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2011, 11:32 AM

Unprocessed milk gives you AIDS?

Kelly.
08-29-2011, 02:43 PM
forget it

AGRP
08-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Surprise, surprise.

People who supposedly believe in freedom turn into fascists when it comes to milk.

What do you think this guy was serving?

http://smartideabox.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/milkman.jpg

More info: http://www.thenorthwestreport.com/update-fda-and-federal-marshals-raid-washington-state-family-farm-creamery-2/

Xenophage
08-30-2011, 12:38 PM
"raw, alive, self-healing milk?" Are you nuts? Stop talking to your milk, it doesn't listen.

You're talking about a soupy concoction of bacteria, white and red blood cells from the pus on a cow's chapped nipples, dead or dying skin cells, protein, and the waste product generated by all this stuff being consumed by various micro-organisms. Raw milk goes bad quickly and for good reason: It's disgusting.

Xenophage
08-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Unprocessed milk gives you AIDS?

Sometimes. True, it mostly gives you hepatitis and syphilis...

Well...

What do YOU do with your milk!?

dannno
08-30-2011, 12:46 PM

Dude, you should at least try some raw milk sometime..

I'm not a huge milk drinker myself, but raw milk tastes like 10 times better than the best, cleanest pasteurized organic milk that I've had (which tastes 100 times better than non-organic milk that has all the puss and blood and hormones and shit)

dannno
08-30-2011, 12:48 PM
"raw, alive, self-healing milk?" Are you nuts? Stop talking to your milk, it doesn't listen.

You're talking about a soupy concoction of bacteria, white and red blood cells from the pus on a cow's chapped nipples, dead or dying skin cells, protein, and the waste product generated by all this stuff being consumed by various micro-organisms. Raw milk goes bad quickly and for good reason: It's disgusting.

The blood and puss in milk comes from cows who are given hormones so that they can be milked 365 days a year, thus not giving their nipples a break and time to heal.

They are then, in turn, given anti-biotics to deal with that along with other abnormalities from the hormone treatment that can cause infection.

Fresh raw milk is much cleaner, and much more healthy.

Anti Federalist
08-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Sometimes. True, it mostly gives you hepatitis and syphilis...

Well...

What do YOU do with your milk!?

Unprocessed cow's milk can NOT pass along syphilis, hepatitis or AIDS to human beings.

The risks of consuming unprocessed milk are brucellosis, tuberculosis, e. coli, salmonella and listeria bacterial infection.

Modern understanding of microbiology, coupled with clean farming practices can reduce or eliminate all those potential dangers.

MelissaWV
08-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Surprise, surprise.

People who supposedly believe in freedom turn into fascists when it comes to milk.

What do you think this guy was serving?

http://smartideabox.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/milkman.jpg

More info: http://www.thenorthwestreport.com/update-fda-and-federal-marshals-raid-washington-state-family-farm-creamery-2/

Erm, who's being a fascist? I mostly saw people who wouldn't drink it if offered, but wished it would be offered and the Government would get out of the matter altogether.

nbhadja
08-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Nothing needs to be cooked, try a raw food diet out- you will be in amazing health.

MelissaWV
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Nothing needs to be cooked, try a raw food diet out- you will be in amazing health.

Yes, rather than a delicious hamburger, I want to chew the muscle tissue straight off of the cow...

nbhadja
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Wow some people here are clueless on raw milk. Raw milk is very healthy, while cooked homogenized milk is very bad for your health.

Nothing beats raw organic milk. Billions of people on earth drink raw milk btw and THEY DO NOT GET AIDS! How about not talking like an idiot?

nbhadja
08-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Yes, rather than a delicious hamburger, I want to chew the muscle tissue straight off of the cow...

Well what I mean is that raw food is healthier (particularly organic raw, not chemical mass produced USA style food), but I won't deny that cooked food often tastes better most of the time.

affa
08-30-2011, 02:55 PM

raw diets don't include meat, but i guess you probably know that? and yes, a raw diet is incredibly healthy. so is going vegan, despite propaganda to the contrary. vegetarian, not so much, because too often vegetarians overdue it on cheese/dairy.

most diets can be healthy if you watch what you eat; it comes a little easier if you're under a strict regiment since you're already watching what you eat and are less likely to make really bad decisions (ie, going crazy on a vegiburger is far more healthy than going out and getting a quarter pounder with cheese and bacon).

MelissaWV
08-30-2011, 03:11 PM
raw diets don't include meat, but i guess you probably know that? and yes, a raw diet is incredibly healthy. so is going vegan, despite propaganda to the contrary. vegetarian, not so much, because too often vegetarians overdue it on cheese/dairy.

most diets can be healthy if you watch what you eat; it comes a little easier if you're under a strict regiment since you're already watching what you eat and are less likely to make really bad decisions (ie, going crazy on a vegiburger is far more healthy than going out and getting a quarter pounder with cheese and bacon).

Did you bother to read the quote I was responding to?

Nothing needs to be cooked

Also, no, I'm not going vegan. For some strange reason I really do like meat. It might also be what my teeth are designed for (an omnivorous diet). Going vegan will not magically make my life a happy fluffy wonderland, and it'll make me sad to give up some of my favorite dishes. It's simply not for me. Glad it's for you, though!

dannno
08-30-2011, 03:17 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_tartare

AFPVet
08-30-2011, 03:19 PM

Eh... I like my steaks "a little" cooked lol. Seriously though, rare steaks are nummy! You just have to get good quality meat though.

dannno
08-30-2011, 03:22 PM
It might also be what my teeth are designed for (an omnivorous diet).

Tell that to a silverback gorilla.

http://i.pbase.com/g3/32/687832/3/88397423.VWFSpVwa.jpg

Those canines are for nothing but tearing apart vegetation.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/03/22/article-1163991-03FCB036000005DC-577_634x590.jpg

nbhadja
08-30-2011, 03:32 PM

Also, no, I'm not going vegan. For some strange reason I really do like meat. It might also be what my teeth are designed for (an omnivorous diet). Going vegan will not magically make my life a happy fluffy wonderland, and it'll make me sad to give up some of my favorite dishes. It's simply not for me. Glad it's for you, though!

I actually eat raw organic meat and raw organic eggs. In fact, the Inuits traditionally ate a diet of 98% raw meat.

But yes cooked meat does taste better.

nbhadja
08-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Tell that to a silverback gorilla.

http://i.pbase.com/g3/32/687832/3/88397423.VWFSpVwa.jpg

Those canines are for nothing but tearing apart vegetation.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/03/22/article-1163991-03FCB036000005DC-577_634x590.jpg

Well yep those teeth were built to bite the tough bamboo, but Gorillas are omnivores technically even though most of their food is vegetarian. They do eat some insects to get some vital B vitamins.

dannno
08-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Well yep those teeth were built to bite the tough bamboo, but Gorillas are omnivores technically even though most of their food is vegetarian. They do eat some insects to get some vital B vitamins.

Ya, but the point was that the teeth may look like they are for tearing apart meat, but they're actually for tearing apart vegetation. The bugs don't need special teeth, they just get ground up by the molars with everything else.

Spirulina and brewer's/nutritional yeast are great vegan sources of B vitamins. Dairy and eggs are good sources as well, for vegetarians.

Apparently humans who were vegans hundreds of years ago were not vitamin B deficient, they got their B vitamins from any bugs and bacteria that may have entered their food.

nbhadja
08-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Ya, but the point was that the teeth may look like they are for tearing apart meat, but they're actually for tearing apart vegetation. The bugs don't need special teeth, they just get ground up by the molars with everything else.

Spirulina and brewer's/nutritional yeast are great vegan sources of B vitamins. Dairy and eggs are good sources as well, for vegetarians.

Apparently humans who were vegans hundreds of years ago were not vitamin B deficient, they got their B vitamins from any bugs and bacteria that may have entered their food.

Yep the gorilla teeth and misleading, though I believe our canine teeth are for eating meat. It's not like we eat any tough vegetation like bambo.

Well if you eat bugs or dairy then you are not a vegan lol.

eduardo89
08-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Raw Milk:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_use50DzPVpo/TRYDf9kHG3I/AAAAAAAAAJQ/aRtUiGebxkk/s1600/Biohazard_symbol.png

or so i've heard, why else would the government make it illegal?

dannno
08-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Well if you eat bugs or dairy then you are not a vegan lol.

I don't think eating bugs on accident makes you not a vegan. Vegans kill a lot more bugs and animals when they plow the fields.

Xenophage
08-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Unprocessed cow's milk can NOT pass along syphilis, hepatitis or AIDS to human beings.

The risks of consuming unprocessed milk are brucellosis, tuberculosis, e. coli, salmonella and listeria bacterial infection.

Modern understanding of microbiology, coupled with clean farming practices can reduce or eliminate all those potential dangers.

All I can say is I hope you wear a condom the next time you filthy bugger, and stay away from my sister.

Xenophage
08-30-2011, 04:39 PM
I actually eat raw organic meat and raw organic eggs. In fact, the Inuits traditionally ate a diet of 98% raw meat.

But yes cooked meat does taste better.

You're going to die of AIDS as well.

Anti Federalist
08-30-2011, 05:57 PM
All I can say is I hope you wear a condom the next time you filthy bugger, and stay away from my sister.

You're going to die of AIDS as well.

The fuck...?

Somebody went off the meds this morning...

eduardo89
08-30-2011, 06:03 PM
The fuck...?

Somebody went off the meds this morning...Yeah no kidding, my fucking pollen allergy is killing me

affa
08-30-2011, 06:52 PM

yea, i just didn't think he was referring to meat, since i don't think anyone recommends biting into a cow. but yea, the way he wrote it, i get what you mean.

i loved meat and seafood. many vegans did. it's more about avoiding the meat/dairy industry, since they've gone to such extremes over the past century. as for what we're meant to eat, there is tons of evidence on both sides of the fence, and it's not really a topic worth debating since the fact is, one can be healthy either way. ultimately, one doesn't need to eat it, so it ends up being an ethical choice. some people have no problem with something sentient dying for their nutrition, others try to avoid it where they can, as best they can. where someone falls on that line depends on their own beliefs and learning. personally, the meat industry disgusts me. eating meat doesn't, though at this point it probably would if i tried.

XNavyNuke
09-25-2011, 06:19 AM

Because the black robes that hand down decisions like this:

As if to show how pissed he was at being questioned, he said his decision translates further that "no, Plaintiffs to not have a fundamental right to own and use a dairy cow or a dairy herd;

"no, Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to consume the milk from their own cow;"

And in a kind of exclamation point, he added this to his list of no-nos: "no, Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to produce and consume the foods of their choice..."
http://www.thecompletepatient.com/journal/2011/9/15/wi-judge-to-zinniker-ftcldf-no-fundamental-right-to-own-a-co.html

Those same judges make equally destructive decisions that support the machine against the individual. You fight them on one level (in this case, a position which has support on the left) and you end up fighting them across the board.

XNN