PDA

View Full Version : Please Help - "For Liberty" Premiere in Iowa in need of some funds!

Esoteric
08-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Ok,

Everything is coming together for this event. AdamT has signed the contract with the opera house, and the $1500 rental fee has been paid. rp08orbust will be handling a robo-call into Pella and all surrounding areas, including Eastern Des Moines. RonPaulHawaii will be in Pella with boots on the ground all week and will be able to pass out invitations / promo material all week, while trying to generate some media buzz for the event.

We are in need of some additional funds to cover the cost of refreshments (popcorn during, cold appetizers, and drink), and the printing cost for promotional material. The total amount that we need to raise is $680 ($500 for refreshments, $180 for printing)

If you have the means, please consider chipping in. Time is VERY tight, as it will likely take at least a day to have the materials printed, and the event is on Friday.

http://grassrootsforliberty.chipin.com/for-liberty-movie-premiere-in-iowa-aug-12th-2011

Also, I need your thoughts on a planning issue:

Would it be better for people to have refreshments first, then watch the movie, or watch first, then have refreshemnts after? They would need to move into a separate room for the refreshments. Also, if Dr. Paul is able to attend, I think it would be ideal to have the refreshments afterward in the separate ballroom, where everyone can congregate, eat, and listen to Dr. Paul speak for a short time. Thoughts?

Thanks again! This is an exciting grassroots initiative, and I'm glad to be a part of it! I think it will be VERY effective in generating buzz before the straw poll, and attracting new poll-goers to vote for Ron. Also, props to "Travlyr" for chipping in for the event in REAL money!

trey4sports
08-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Ok,

Everything is coming together for this event. AdamT has signed the contract with the opera house, and the $1500 rental fee has been paid. rp08orbust will be handling a robo-call into Pella and all surrounding areas, including Eastern Des Moines. We have some boots on the ground who will be in Pella, and able to pass out invitations / promo material all week.

We are in need of some additional funds to cover the cost of refreshments (popcorn during, cold appetizers, and drink), and the printing cost for promotional material. The total amount that we need to raise is $680 ($500 for refreshments, $180 for printing)

If you have the means, please consider chipping in.

http://grassrootsforliberty.chipin.com/for-liberty-movie-premiere-in-iowa-aug-12th-2011

Also, I need your thoughts on a planning issue:

Would it be better for people to have refreshments first, then watch the movie, or watch first, then have refreshemnts after? They would need to move into a separate room for the refreshments. Also, if Dr. Paul is able to attend, I I think it would be ideal to have the refreshments afterward in the separate ballroom, where everyone can congregate, eat, and listen to Dr. Paul speak for a short time. Thoughts?

i would say refreshments afterward, especially if Congressman Paul is there. The main reason i would suggest refreshments after as opposed to before is that I would prefer as few people as possible having to go to the bathroom during the movie. If nothing else it is just something that will distract them from the movie. Plus, the refreshments could be kind of like a reward for watching the movie.

Sentinelrv
08-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Afterwards would be better I think. You never know, you might get some people to show up for the free food and then take off without watching the movie. It might be best to save the treats until later. It also gives people the chance to sit around with each other and talk about Dr. Paul and how they can help out.

Esoteric
08-08-2011, 12:10 AM
i would say refreshments afterward, especially if Congressman Paul is there. The main reason i would suggest refreshments after as opposed to before is that I would prefer as few people as possible having to go to the bathroom during the movie. If nothing else it is just something that will distract them from the movie. Plus, the refreshments could be kind of like a reward for watching the movie.

very valid points.

Afterwards would be better I think. You never know, you might get some people to show up for the free food and then take off without watching the movie. It might be best to save the treats until later. It also gives people the chance to sit around with each other and talk about Dr. Paul and how they can help out.

This was one of my concerns as well. Wouldn't want people to chew-and-screw!

Thanks for the input.

pauliticalfan
08-08-2011, 12:10 AM
+rep for all your hard work!

If you can get Dr. Paul to speak, that would be a big plus. Definitely have refreshments afterwards as an incentive to stay, but hand out popcorn/water before (or during) the movie.

Will anyone be taking video and documenting the event?

Esoteric
08-08-2011, 12:13 AM
+rep for all your hard work!

If you can get Dr. Paul to speak, that would be a big plus. Definitely have refreshments afterwards as an incentive to stay, but hand out popcorn/water before (or during) the movie.

Will anyone be taking video and documenting the event?

Definitely. I'll be bringing my HD Cam and 'toobing the whole thing. AdamT will likely be recording some footage from the event as well.

pauliticalfan
08-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Awesome, will be great to see.

Exactly what kind of a push to get these people to vote in Ames will be made? Flyers, an announcement after the film, info to contact the campaign for discounted tickets and bus rides, or all/some of the above?

Esoteric
08-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Awesome, will be great to see.

Exactly what kind of a push to get these people to vote in Ames will be made? Flyers, an announcement after the film, info to contact the campaign for discounted tickets and bus rides, or all/some of the above?

An announcement will definitely be made after the film (hopefully by the man himself!). Fliers will also be passed out to attendees, and ideally, we will have someone there to sign people up for rides the following morning, if they have not already made arrangements to travel to the poll.

Sentinelrv
08-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Are you waiting on the campaign to make a decision on whether Ron will show up or do they not know about this yet?

kah13176
08-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Have refreshments after. If people know there's food after, they're more likely to stay after the movie, which gives people time to discuss what they just watched.

pauliticalfan
08-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Just throwing out some more ideas here.

Will copies of the DVD be available to hand out afterwards? Would be a good way for people to show their friends/family after they see it.

What about door prizes? Maybe a signed copy of Liberty Defined or something.

kah13176
08-08-2011, 02:15 AM
Just throwing out some more ideas here.

Will copies of the DVD be available to hand out afterwards? Would be a good way for people to show their friends/family after they see it.

What about door prizes? Maybe a signed copy of Liberty Defined or something.

Hell yeah, have as many handouts as possible. I'd suggest Revolution: A Manifesto myself: it's less controversial about issues such as abortion and evolution in education. Do whatever you want though.

I'd get a shitload of bumper stickers and t-shirts as well. Free books, signed or not. Maybe some tax free tips cards.

Eric21ND
08-08-2011, 03:14 AM
We need boxes of For Liberty DVDs available.

sailingaway
08-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I'd put the money first towards printing and then towards drinks and popcorn, which if they'll clean the movie theatre as part of the deal, I'd serve during the movie, as with most movies. If Dr. Paul is there he can speak to people in the lobby, without formal refreshments, as he does at most places he visits on the campaign trail. I'd lose the cold appetizers, or at least wait to fund them until after the other things are paid for. I've chipped in some towards the printing :p

harikaried
08-08-2011, 08:27 AM
The sitting time for the For Liberty showing isn't as long as other movies especially when taking into account the commercials, previews and ~2hr movie. Will there be anything showing as people sit down before the movie?

Seems like Ron Paul will be around Des Moines earlier in the day on Friday:
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/08/05/ron-paul-iowa-schedule-announced/

AdamT
08-08-2011, 08:28 AM

Yes.

ronpaulhawaii
08-08-2011, 09:23 AM
With AdamT coming, I would expect he will have a few copies of the DVD available...

What I will be doing is heading to Pella today and getting busy. goRPaul is up now printing and stuffing inserts into more "The Grassroots Press" copies. I will also be able to print and stuff more on my own if need be. I will be delivering these to newsboxes door to door fashion. He has also printed 20 8.5x11 that I will be getting onto corkboards and store windows...

Another thing we can do is robo-call the area. For $100 our Robo-Jedi ;) will reach out to 10,000 numbers in the surrounding area. We are planning on using the voter database for this (not the lists he has been using for the survey) and calling all voters, instead of targeting. In Iowa, all residents can vote in the Straw Poll and people are able to register/caucus on the day of, so this will be an attempt to bring independents and others into the fold...

We will need a script for this, and I am hoping a female voice.

I'd like to see the script start out with:

"At the Pella Opera House on Friday Night there will be a FREE Directors Showing of the Grassroots Documentary, For Liberty - The ongoing story of the Ron Paul Revolution at 7pm. Featured activists and the Directors will be in attendance to answer questions afterward, with free refreshments served..."

We can make this an RSVP type call with, "Press 1 if you are interested in going, Press 2 if you cannot make it, and Press 3 if you would like a personal callback for more info...

We would need to keep it under 30 secs, and include the details (Pella Opera House Fri 7pm - FREE...) twice, so we may or may not want to make this an RSVP type call...

I will, also, be stopping at http://pellachronicle.com/ to see if:

We can get a mention in their "Community Events" section
How much an ad will cost
Get them to write a proper story

I do have some money I raised to get here, that I will gladly spend as long as I do not cut myself short for the necessary gas/etc to accomplish this mission. The robo-calls will need separate funding, and I will report on potential advertising costs...

For more info on what we are doing here, please check this thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?307135-Where-I-am-what-I-have-been-doing-and-how-you-can-help.

Onward!

speciallyblend
08-08-2011, 09:33 AM
With AdamT coming, I would expect he will have a few copies of the DVD available...

What I will be doing is heading to Pella today and getting busy. goRPaul is up now printing and stuffing inserts into more "The Grassroots Press" copies. I will also be able to print and stuff more on my own if need be. I will be delivering these to newsboxes door to door fashion. He has also printed 20 8.5x11 that I will be getting onto corkboards and store windows...

Another thing we can do is robo-call the area. For $100 our Robo-Jedi ;) will reach out to 10,000 numbers in the surrounding area. We are planning on using the voter database for this (not the lists he has been using for the survey) and calling all voters, instead of targeting. In Iowa, all residents can vote in the Straw Poll and people are able to register/caucus on the day of, so this will be an attempt to bring independents and others into the fold...

"At the Pella Opera House on Friday Night there will be a FREE Directors Showing of the Grassroots Documentary, For Liberty - The ongoing story of the Ron Paul Revolution at 7pm. Featured activists and the Directors will be in attendance to answer questions afterward, with free refreshments served..."

We can make this an RSVP type call with, "Press 1 if you are interested in going, Press 2 if you cannot make it, and Press 3 if you would like a personal callback for more info...

We would need to keep it under 30 secs, and include the details (Pella Opera House Fri 7pm - FREE...) twice, so we may or may not want to make this an RSVP type call...

How much an ad will cost

I do have some money I raised to get here, that I will gladly spend as long as I do not cut myself short for the necessary gas/etc to accomplish this mission. The robo-calls will need separate funding, and I will report on potential advertising costs...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?307135-Where-I-am-what-I-have-been-doing-and-how-you-can-help.

Onward!

Robo Jedi ,should be a new thread and sticky and front page!! keep up the great work, i need to contact an rpf member see what he can do!!!! hopefully you see a nice bump today.

raystone
08-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Chipped in $50
Your receipt number for this payment is: 3475-7362-5054-2544.

Less than $500 to meet chipin request !

Freedom of Speech
08-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Great job!

I'll be looking forward to the YouTubes of the reactions after people have watched it!

Once again, GREAT JOB!

JoshLowry
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Good luck, keep up the good work!

tsai3904
08-08-2011, 01:38 PM
I'll match the next contributions up to $100. Just post your transactions and once it totals $100, I'll contribute $100.

Tarzan
08-08-2011, 02:05 PM
I'll match the next contributions up to $100. Just post your transactions and once it totals $100, I'll contribute $100.

Have refreshments AFTER!

>>Your contribution to "For Liberty" Movie Premiere in Iowa - Aug 12th, 2011 has
>> been processed via PayPal:

>>ChipIn Event Title: "For Liberty" Movie Premiere in Iowa - Aug 12th, 2011
>>ChipIn Event Organizer: Grassroots for Liberty
>>Transaction ID: 0532b42e08732ab9
>>Contribution Amount: $25.00
>>Contribution Date: August 8, 2011 8:01 PM UTC

Apicit
08-08-2011, 02:08 PM

Receipt ID a63e34e4cb937570
Paid By: Michael M
For: "For Liberty" Movie Premiere in Iowa - Aug 12th, 2011
Method: PayPal
Total: $25.00

tsai3904
08-08-2011, 02:55 PM
>>Your contribution to "For Liberty" Movie Premiere in Iowa - Aug 12th, 2011 has
>> been processed via PayPal:

>>ChipIn Event Title: "For Liberty" Movie Premiere in Iowa - Aug 12th, 2011
>>ChipIn Event Organizer: Grassroots for Liberty
>>Transaction ID: 0532b42e08732ab9
>>Contribution Amount: $25.00
>>Contribution Date: August 8, 2011 8:01 PM UTC

Receipt ID a63e34e4cb937570
Paid By: Michael
Total: $25.00

Thanks! $50 more and I'll contribute $100.

AdamT
08-08-2011, 03:08 PM

How much an ad will cost

Onward!

Just Chiped in $100. Who wants to match?

Edit - looks like you're up :)

tsai3904
08-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Just Chiped in $100. Who wants to match?

Edit - looks like you're up :)

Since you made the total $150, I'll contribute $150.

8/8/2011
Receipt ID 9c00047d9a03feb3
Total: $150.00

Travlyr
08-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Nice work fellows!

Tarzan
08-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Kudos to the unknown big chipper!!!

Esoteric
08-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Wow, almost there! You guys are great! This event is sure to be a HUGE success.

AdamT
08-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Since you made the total $150, I'll contribute $150.

+rep

harikaried
08-08-2011, 05:01 PM
It shows up as $650 of $680 for me. I guess I'll throw in the donation to finish it off!

ChipIn Event Title: "For Liberty" Movie Premiere in Iowa - Aug 12th, 2011
ChipIn Event Organizer: Grassroots for Liberty (sales@ponghead.com)
Contribution Amount: $50.00
Contribution Date: August 8, 2011 11:00 PM UTC

pauliticalfan
08-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Looks like you're at 102%. Be sure to post plenty of pictures/video on here ASAP after the event! Best of luck.

afwjam
08-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Well done guys!