PDA

View Full Version : Should a "state" incorporate be able to do business in America

LibForestPaul
08-07-2011, 07:04 PM
This came up from another thread. Should a state such as Canada, Germany, China, Russia, be able to do business within the United State by purchasing land, entering into contracts, incorporation, etc?

pcosmar
08-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Should Corporations exist?
I vote no.

DamianTV
08-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I'll vote when I understand the question a little bit better.

Do you mean should the Govt (State, not Fed) be allowed to do business? Like, the Post Office? Sell Treasury Bonds to People? Or, do business like coming up with new laws and using them as a source of funding? Like cops write more tickets so they can hire more cops so they can write more tickets?

Please explain...

pcosmar
08-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Should a nation-state be able to do business within America?
different question
Other.
America is not a business. Is not "in business".

brandon
08-07-2011, 07:26 PM
No competent individual or group of individuals should be barred from freely entering into contracts.

erowe1
08-07-2011, 08:04 PM
This came up from another thread. Should a state such as Canada, Germany, China, Russia, be able to do business within the United State by purchasing land, entering into contracts, incorporation, etc?

Is there a reason you didn't include the USA in your list of states?

And it's not a matter of incorporating. They're all incorporated already.

Anti Federalist
08-07-2011, 08:09 PM
It's a little unclear OP.

If the question is:

Do foreign governments have the right to incorporate and do business within the United States?

The answer for me is a resounding no.

erowe1
08-07-2011, 08:10 PM
It's a little unclear OP.

If the question is:

Do foreign governments have the right to incorporate and do business within the United States?

The answer for me is a resounding no.

Why include the word "foreign"?

I can understand wanting to keep me from selling my property to the regime in Beijing. But I can't understand why someone, after taking that position, would say that it's ok for me to sell my land to the regime in Washington, D.C.

LibForestPaul
08-08-2011, 07:24 PM
open bank accounts, hold title to land, enter into contracts with American Businesses

It is unclear because , at least to me, strange to contemplate a nation-state-> corporation -> natural rights?