PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen says Ron Paul supported the bailout, Bachmann opposed it[EDIT: Corrected]

Gage
08-07-2011, 05:16 PM

One thing for sure: Just 37% of all GOP Primary Voters would vote for any candidate who supported the bailout of the financial industry. That’s potential bad news for Congressman Ron Paul who supported that bailout and good news for Bachmann and Michigan Congressman Thaddeus McCotter who voted against it.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/weekly_updates/what_they_told_us_reviewing_last_week_s_key_polls

You can contact Rasmussen at 732-776-9777, but please be nice. Just let them know that they made a mistake in their press release.

Edit: They have corrected the (correct) article to say Paul Ryan instead of Ron Paul!

CaseyJones
08-07-2011, 05:19 PM
called I was nice

Epic
08-07-2011, 05:20 PM
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll681.xml

Roll Call shows Paul voted no. Plus everybody knows he votes against all random spending stuff.

How could this mistake be made?

AdamT
08-07-2011, 05:23 PM
WTF! Call them!!

NewRightLibertarian
08-07-2011, 05:25 PM
How could this mistake be made?

Purposefully in an attempt to smear Dr. Paul's candidacy for president

malkusm
08-07-2011, 05:25 PM
WTF! Call them!!

But be nice!!!

Sola_Fide
08-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I called and I was kind of mean.:collins:

ItsTime
08-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I called and challenged myself to see how many f bombs I could fit into the conversation before they hung up on me. 37....37 was the number.

jk

tsai3904
08-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Edit: nm

Sola_Fide
08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Nm

Anti Federalist
08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Nvm

Sola_Fide
08-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Be nice...kiss my ass.

They corrected the story.

"Corrected" Ron Paul right out of the story:

Ahhhhh. That's more like it. Don't misrepresent the Doctor, just ignore him.

malkusm
Edit -- not yet fixed.

tsai3904
What is with these people constantly getting Ron, Rand, and Paul Ryan mixed up in speech and print?

Yea, it seems like they mixed up Paul Ryan and Ron Paul. The link in the original quote leads to an article that says Paul Ryan voted for the bailouts.

KingRobbStark
08-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I called them. I vaguely remember calling them idiots. I don't remember though, it was five minutes ago...

Gage
Be nice...kiss my ass.

They corrected the story.

"Corrected" Ron Paul right out of the story:

It doesn't show that for me. It's still the same.

harikaried
Left a message.

Anti Federalist
08-07-2011, 05:35 PM
To be clear, they've corrected the article now. They had apparently intended on putting "Paul Ryan" instead of "Ron Paul."

Thanks for the calls everyone!

LoL, yeah that's it.

tsai3904
It hasn't been corrected. There are two links in the original post. One link leads to an article that says Paul Ryan voted for the bailouts and the other link says Ron Paul voted for the bailouts.

LibertyEagle
Huh? It's still showing for me, AF.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/weekly_updates/what_they_told_us_reviewing_last_week_s_key_polls

Anti Federalist
08-07-2011, 05:36 PM
It doesn't show that for me. It's still the same.

Clear cookies and refresh?

I'm looking right at it in the other tab, and the original quote is nowhere to be seen.

ItsTime
Jeez I can't even make a joke without getting neg rep! lmao. Please notice the "JK". It also stands for "just kidding".

Anti Federalist
Here's the link I'm looking at.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/vote_for_bailouts_could_hurt_potential_gop_preside ntial_candidates

Two stories at the same link?

Weird.

At any rate, yes, the first story still has the original language.

Inkblots
08-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Huh? It's still showing for me, AF.

It still says Ron Paul for me, as well.

tsai3904
08-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Here's the link I'm looking at.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/vote_for_bailouts_could_hurt_potential_gop_preside ntial_candidates

That link is for an article done on August 4.

The article in question is this one on August 6:

Dorfsmith

I'm looking right at it in the other tab, and the original quote is nowhere to be seen.

I just clicked on the article for the first time and see the giant obvious mistake clear as day: "That’s potential bad news for Congressman Ron Paul who supported that bailout..."

Invi
It still says Ron Paul for me, as well.

Same. And it's been up there a couple of days so who knows who's seen it.

Diashi
08-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Guys... *facepalm*

There's nothing in there about Ron Paul. It says PAUL RYAN supported the bailouts and Bachman didn't... So if anything, call them and say that she did support the stimulus of 2008.

Stuff like this makes us look like idiots. Pay attention and try not to jump the gun.

EDIT: Ahah, you mean THIS Rasmussen article (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/weekly_updates/what_they_told_us_reviewing_last_week_s_key_polls) .

Might want to fix your post, OP.

EDIT2: Looks like you did right as I finished posting

LibertyEagle
08-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Two different articles, AF. The one that mentions Ron Paul is dated yesterday.

Gage

You're looking at the wrong article. The article I quoted from was listed underneath the quote box. That link still says that Ron Paul voted for the bailouts. They haven't corrected anything.

I've removed the other link I added in the quote box to prevent further confusion as to where the correction needs to be made.

ItsTime
nm

Gage
Guys... *facepalm*

There's nothing in there about Ron Paul. It says PAUL RYAN supported the bailouts and Bachman didn't... So if anything, call them and say that she did support the stimulus of 2008.

Stuff like this makes us look like idiots. Pay attention and try not to jump the gun.
You're looking at the wrong article. You pay attention.

civusamericanus
08-07-2011, 05:41 PM
The part of the article that says Ron Paul" and they are now replacing it with Paul Ryan, speaks specifically about GOP candidates and Iowa, I didn't think Paul Ryan was even in the mix. I smell BS!

tsai3904
Guys... *facepalm*

There are TWO links to TWO different articles. One article says Paul Ryan and the other says Ron Paul.

Anti Federalist
Mistake on my part, for whatever reason the link in the OP took me to the 4 August story and not the 6 August story.

???

Disregard.

Gage
08-07-2011, 05:42 PM
The part of the article that says Ron Paul" and they are now replacing it with Paul Ryan, speaks specifically about GOP candidates and Iowa, I didn't think Paul Ryan was even in the mix. I smell BS!

They have not fixed the article that says Ron Paul voted for the bailouts. That article has always said Paul Ryan.

TRIGRHAPPY
Guys... *facepalm*

EDIT: Ahah, you mean THIS Rasmussen article (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/weekly_updates/what_they_told_us_reviewing_last_week_s_key_polls) .

Might want to fix your post, OP.

Nope, say Ron Paul.

One thing for sure: Just 37% of all GOP Primary Voters would vote for any candidate who supported the bailout of the financial industry . That’s potential bad news for Congressman Ron Paul who supported that bailout and good news for Bachmann and Michigan Congressman Thaddeus McCotter who voted against it.

KurtBoyer25L
Guys... *facepalm*

*chester cheetah headshaking*

It does say Ron Paul, man, or at least it did. Congressman Ron Paul. Maybe our hyperlink is the problem, they could have re-published & linked it to the Rasmussen homepage w/ a slightly different url w/o taking down the old one yet.

ItsTime
08-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Mistake on my part, for whatever reason the link in the OP took me to the 4 August story and not the 6 August story.

???

Disregard.

Thanks for confusing the thread. lol :P

LibertyEagle
Wait, people. There are 2 different articles.

This one dated 8/4, which does not mention Ron Paul.

This one dated 8/6, which DOES mention Ron Paul and still says he voted for the bailout.

Gage
*chester cheetah headshaking*

It does say Ron Paul, man, or at least it did. Congressman Ron Paul. Maybe our hyperlink is the problem, they could have re-published & linked it to the Rasmussen homepage w/ a slightly different url w/o taking down the old one yet.

They were looking at the link that was linked in the quote, instead of underneath the quote. I delinked the article that was causing confusion.

They have not fixed the article that says Ron Paul voted for the bailouts.

satchelmcqueen
08-07-2011, 05:44 PM
called and was nice but firm...

Lucille
YHGTBFKM.

That was deliberate. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

Hacks! Shills!

Anti Federalist
Thanks for confusing the thread. lol :P

I know, I know, farked that up didn't I?

I hang my head in forum shame.

Lucille
08-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Wait, people. There are 2 different articles.

This one dated 8/4, which does not mention Ron Paul.

This one dated 8/6, which DOES mention Ron Paul and still says he voted for the bailout.

Yup:
One thing for sure: Just 37% of all GOP Primary Voters would vote for any candidate who supported the bailout of the financial industry . That’s potential bad news for Congressman Ron Paul who supported that bailout and good news for Bachmann and Michigan Congressman Thaddeus McCotter who voted against it.

I call BS on the GOP Primary Voters response anyway, since they re-elected a majority of the banksta bailouting scum in '10. And since Romney still defends the bailouts and he's in the lead, they're FOS.

Cleaner44
08-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Jeez I can't even make a joke without getting neg rep! lmao. Please notice the "JK". It also stands for "just kidding".

I gave you + rep for the funny!

Gage
08-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Keep calling. Rasmussen has still not changed their error, despite a report that someone was told over the phone by Rasmussen that they had corrected it.

anaconda
08-07-2011, 06:20 PM
I called and challenged myself to see how many f bombs I could fit into the conversation before they hung up on me. 37....37 was the number.

Did you have someone count? Did you tape it and count later? Did you count by yourself while making your call?

ItsTime
08-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Did you have someone count? Did you tape it and count later? Did you count by yourself while making your call?

Ill be uploading the youtube later.

V3n
08-07-2011, 06:50 PM
This is libel. Seriously!

scrosnoe
08-07-2011, 07:32 PM
I love you guys -- each and every one of you <3

We will prevail because we are tenacious and that is what it takes!

onward for liberty~

cucucachu0000
08-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Contact the campaign or the PAC they will have more clout in correcting this then 20 guys from a forum.

KingRobbStark
08-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Can we sue for defamation?

erowe1
08-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Contact the campaign or the PAC they will have more clout in correcting this then 20 guys from a forum.

I'm guessing they've gotten calls from a lot more than 20 people about this.

jmdrake
08-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Left a message. Also why would they even be talking about Paul Ryan? He's not running for president.

civusamericanus
08-07-2011, 08:17 PM
They have not fixed the article that says Ron Paul voted for the bailouts. That article has always said Paul Ryan.
Thanks for pointing this out Gage, not everyone has big lenses like you :D Ahhh, I couldn't see those previous post, the print was way too small... Luckily I found a place to get new glasses cheap (htxp://zennioptical.com). At the least last part of my post was accurate:

Originally Posted by civusamericanus

BTW the aug 6th article hyperlinks to the aug 4th article, the media is getting better at covering up their mistakes about Ron Paul, mixing some truth with fiction. Problem is since Rasmussen is one of the top 2 polling services, it will be reposted, blogged, and mentioned on other sites. A public apology and correction, to Ron Paul on this error is the least that would be expected.

KatieScarlett
08-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Leave messages on Twitter too. http://twitter.com/#!/RasmussenPoll

Gage
08-07-2011, 09:40 PM
They have officially changed the (correct) article to say Paul Ryan, instead of Ron Paul!

sailingaway
08-07-2011, 10:03 PM
They have officially changed the (correct) article to say Paul Ryan, instead of Ron Paul!

You guys rule!!

I was just reading the end of the thread to see if it needed more calls...

Epic
08-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Now it reads:

That’s potential bad news for Congressman Paul Ryan who supported that bailout and good news for Bachmann and Michigan Congressman Thaddeus McCotter who voted against it.

So why no mention of Ron Paul, when he was the most outspoken of the three against the bailout?

musicmax
08-07-2011, 10:09 PM

There was and is no reason why Paul Ryan's name should be in the article in the first place. Ryan isn't running for President and isn't likely to face a primary challenge for his House seat.

The effect of this change is that rather than lying about Ron Paul, they are ignoring Ron Paul. The proper correction would have been to add Paul's name to the list of candidates for whom voter sentiment against bailout supporters is "good news".

Gage
Maybe it'd be a good idea to ask Rasmussen to issue an apology, like Fox did when they aired the wrong CPAC clip.

Tarzan

Of course, now they don't mention Ron Paul at all. They do list that 'other guy from Texas' as one of the "three top candidates". Did I miss his announcement to run??? As musicmax said; it makes not sense to mention Ryan in that section... totally out of place. They also fail to mention their own poll with RP in 3rd behind Mittens & Bakman. Go figure!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?307029-New-Iowa-poll-released-by-Rasmussen-Ron-Paul-in-3rd-place-with-16-!

Anyway, good catch and great effort to get it fixed!

RPM
08-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Agreed, damage done. An apology and public/media attention could be helpful in pointing out the difference. Blowback if you will, friends. Goodness will prevail. RP2K12!

ronpaulhawaii
08-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Hmm.. this seems like the kind of story a guy like danh could write about to build some more good will with us...

Rasmussan Makes Major Gaffe!

kah13176
08-07-2011, 10:32 PM
They fixed it, but now completely omitted Ron Paul.

Meanwhile, they include two people who aren't even presidential candidates: Paul Ryan and Rick Perry.

Bruno
08-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Now it reads:

So why no mention of Ron Paul, when he was the most outspoken of the three against the bailout?

Why mention Ryan at all, when the article is about presidential candidates and he is not running?

Because they got caught with their pants on fire.

civusamericanus
08-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Why mention Ryan at all, when the article is about presidential candidates and he is not running?

Because they got caught with their pants on fire.
But they do mention Michigan Congressman Thaddeus McCotter, who is barely registering in the polls?

I can't say it enough, most of the people who run the media and polls, are purposely spinning bias against Ron Paul, and manipulating the American public, why isn't this a huge story? We hear stories of Third world African and middle eastern dictators, who control and manipulate the media, which is often called "ELECTION FRAUD", but it's not big news when it happens in the United States? We're talking about electing the President of the United States, and the choices are being manipulated by the media. Where are the brave journalist reporting on the media bias and manipulation???

If they didn't spin and manipulate the masses, it sure would make all of our lives a lot easier. I constantly feel like I'm going to battle everyday for Ron Paul. We can't simply support a candidate, and reiterate the facts, we have to fight these bastards everyday. I just hope I live long enough to see Liberty win this war and restore America.

mpdsapuser
08-07-2011, 11:29 PM
For what it's worth, they won't be able to ignore Ron Paul after Saturday.

KingRobbStark
08-08-2011, 12:10 AM
I think we should continue the pressure. Lets step up our game.

Cutlerzzz
08-08-2011, 12:33 AM
The funny thing about this that went unnoticed for 7 pages is that McCotter was a staunch supporter of the Auto Bailouts.

Gage
08-08-2011, 12:38 AM
The funny thing about this that went unnoticed for 7 pages is that McCotter was a staunch supporter of the Auto Bailouts.

That's a good point, actually. :D

The Binghamton Patriot
08-08-2011, 12:50 AM
One thing for sure: Just 37% of all GOP Primary Voters would vote for any candidate who supported the bailout of the financial industry . That’s potential bad news for Congressman Paul Ryan who supported that bailout and good news for Bachmann and Michigan Congressman Thaddeus McCotter who voted against it.

Rasmussen also failed to notice that the sentence in which the error occurred, doesn't make sense; Paul Ryan is not a declared candidate.

Justinfrom1776
08-08-2011, 04:24 AM
The GOP candidates’ ranks may be thinned as early as this coming week when the Iowa State Fair straw poll begins the path to the Iowa Caucus. Scott Rasmussen will be releasing our latest findings among Iowa Republican voters tomorrow (Sunday) at 3 pm Eastern/2 pm Central on the Rasmussen Reports radio show on WMAL 630AM in Washington, DC and WLS 890AM in Chicago , two of the nation’s top news talk radio stations. The show will be streamed live online as well.
One thing for sure: Just 37% of all GOP Primary Voters would vote for any candidate who supported the bailout of the financial industry . That’s potential bad news for Congressman Paul Ryanwho supported that bailout and good news for Bachmann and Michigan Congressman Thaddeus McCotter who voted against it.
Another vote that’s likely to come back and haunt some presidential hopefuls is the decision earlier this week to raise the federal debt ceiling . Just 22% of voters approve of the reached by the president and Congress, and most doubt it will actually reduce government spending.

The previous paragraph as well as the proceeding one are pertaining to presidential candidates. Paul Ryan doesn't belong here, the author clearly meant to put RP there and is trying to do damage control by inserting Paul Ryan. Yes, I'm aware Ryan voted in favor of the debt ceiling bill but he isn't running for president like Bachmann or Thad.

No Free Beer
08-08-2011, 06:03 AM
its fixed

civusamericanus
08-08-2011, 06:17 AM
I think we should continue the pressure. Lets step up our game.
Even if Ron Paul becomes President and Rand Paul succeeds him, we will still have to keep the pressure on. We will also groom our children, to never let their guard down, and remind them to share the fight of liberty with all future generations.

robert9712000
08-08-2011, 06:32 AM
now we should call and let them know that paul ryan isnt running for president

brenton
08-08-2011, 06:41 AM
how obvious can they be in their attempts to discredit him without being called out by other media? this is absurd. i think we need adam k to bring this up on his show!