PDA

View Full Version : The Iowa Straw Poll CAN BE our "Giuliani Moment"!

Esoteric
08-07-2011, 04:44 PM
We haven't got a big boost from any of the debates thus far, BUT, if we can pull off a win in Iowa, BUCKLE UP!

That is all :cool:

*clarifiation: the thread title is referring to the HUGE boost we got when Ron and Rudy went at it about blowback and 9/11 back in 2007. I'm saying, the Straw Poll could create a similar frenzy to what we saw in 07.

rp08orbust
08-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Please, I don't think Ron Paul in a dress would go down well in Iowa.

Agorism
08-07-2011, 04:49 PM
One problem is that winning it is very different than second place.

Everyone just remembers Huckabee winning it and playing his guitar, and 2nd place gets lost.

Well 2nd would still be good though, but it wouldn't be the home run that first would be.

Gage
08-07-2011, 04:51 PM
One problem is that winning it is very different than second place.

Everyone just remembers Huckabee winning it and playing his guitar, and 2nd place gets lost.

Well 2nd would still be good though, but it wouldn't be the home run that first would be.

Huckabee came in second in the Ames Straw poll in 2007. Romney won it.

Agorism
08-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Huckabee came in second in the Ames Straw poll in 2007. Romney won it.

O lol.

Ya guess that's right. Details of those other candidates can get murky although now that you say that that sounds right.

Esoteric
08-07-2011, 04:58 PM
O lol.

Ya guess that's right. Details of those other candidates can get murky although now that you say that that sounds right.

Although you unknowingly raised a good point. Even though Romney won it, Huck got the biggest boost. It's all about the media narrative. Needless to say, I don't trust that the media will handle a Ron Paul win favorably, but hey, what else can we do?

Eric21ND
08-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Although you unknowingly raised a good point. Even though Romney won it, Huck got the biggest boost. It's all about the media narrative. Needless to say, I don't trust that the media will handle a Ron Paul win favorably, but hey, what else can we do?
At the very least we prevent them from propping up someone else and it also spells doom for any campaign that can't compete with Ron Paul in Iowa. Even if that's just a subconscious thing that gets into peoples heads. On the tangible side, they're fundraising drys up and their crowds dwindle.

ItsTime
08-07-2011, 05:25 PM
I'd rather not have Ron Paul have a "Giuliani Moment" of any kind.

Billay
08-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Maybe when Ron wins he can come with a message.... A message from the people that doesn't mix words.

KramerDSP
08-07-2011, 05:41 PM
If Ron wins and gives the best speech of his career, it's going to be insane. The establishment won't know what hit them. 16% in Iowa right now, followed by a stellar debate and subsequent top-two performance (or even outright win) in Ames next week might be 20% or even more the following month in Iowa and in the 15-20% range nationally. God knows what it would do to his numbers in NH (13% per PPP in late July 2011)?

Eric21ND
08-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Maybe when Ron wins he can come with a message.... A message from the people that doesn't mix words.
Isn't it "mince"?

Eric21ND
08-07-2011, 05:53 PM
If Ron wins and gives the best speech of his career, it's going to be insane. The establishment won't know what hit them. 16% in Iowa right now, followed by a stellar debate and subsequent top-two performance (or even outright win) in Ames next week might be 20% or even more the following month in Iowa and in the 15-20% range nationally. God knows what it would do to his numbers in NH (13% per PPP in late July 2011)?
Don't forget Rand coming to help campaign for him, Rand is our segue to get average republicans to come into our tent.

JohnGalt23g
08-07-2011, 06:39 PM
A Giuliani moment?

I don't see RP doing a goose-step in drag.

Esoteric
08-07-2011, 09:57 PM
lol guys.. the thread title is referring form the HUGE boost we got when Ron and Rudy went at it about blowback and 9/11. I'm saying, the Straw Poll could create a similar frenzy to what we saw in 07.