PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Official RP Philly People-Suggestions For New Strategies

Angel
11-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Ok, the decision has been made. The Rally will be held in the Valley Forge Convention Center. Let's start focusing on positive strategies as volunteers to compensate for the new change.

In order to keep the attendance level up, we need to put into place a system to redirect people to VF from the Independence Mall. I am a local Meetup volunteer and am willing to make a presence at Ind. Hall so that those who are not aware of the change can be informed.

One suggestion would be to request funding by the official campaign to rent one or two charter buses that can take people to and from the VF Center. Valley Forge is a bit of a hike from Center City Philly and many people may not bother with it if they have to drive 30 minutes after they have paid for parking in the city. Others may be local and have taken public transportation to Ind. Hall. Secondly, it can allow them the experience to see the exhibit afterwards, which is very complimentary to the Ron Paul Campaign. We can also use that as an opportunity to show up early and get some last-minute supporters to the VF.

IMO, you have to make it easy and simple in order to get people to attend events, right down to holding their hand every step of the way.

Any local RP volunteers who are familiar with Philly - please add to this thread if you have any constructive ideas on how to ensure that we get as many attendees there as easily as possible.

Tom, Mehul and all other local volunteer leadership, hopefully we can help you with some good, positive ideas and help you implement them. We're here for you and for Ron Paul.

Angel

Sematary
11-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Ok, the decision has been made. The Rally will be held in the Valley Forge Convention Center. Let's start focusing on positive strategies as volunteers to compensate for the new change.

In order to keep the attendance level up, we need to put into place a system to redirect people to VF from the Independence Mall. I am a local Meetup volunteer and am willing to make a presence at Ind. Hall so that those who are not aware of the change can be informed.

One suggestion would be to request funding by the official campaign to rent one or two charter buses that can take people to and from the VF Center. Valley Forge is a bit of a hike from Center City Philly and many people may not bother with it if they have to drive 30 minutes after they have paid for parking in the city. Others may be local and have taken public transportation to Ind. Hall. Secondly, it can allow them the experience to see the exhibit afterwards, which is very complimentary to the Ron Paul Campaign. We can also use that as an opportunity to show up early and get some last-minute supporters to the VF.

IMO, you have to make it easy and simple in order to get people to attend events, right down to holding their hand every step of the way.

Any local RP volunteers who are familiar with Philly - please add to this thread if you have any constructive ideas on how to ensure that we get as many attendees there as easily as possible.

Tom, Mehul and all other local volunteer leadership, hopefully we can help you with some good, positive ideas and help you implement them. We're here for you and for Ron Paul.

Angel

If what I'm being told is correct, the campaign will supply the shuttles.

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I'd suggest that already converted Ron Paul supporters make way for the undecided on the shuttles. I think it is more important that they see our man. We do need a strategy for those who aren't going to fit in the 2200 person room at Valley Forge.

ACJohn
11-01-2007, 08:41 PM
no Problem 2 seats given up right here. How do I UN-RSVP. Going take the wife out on the 10th with my 5th money.

thehittgirl
11-02-2007, 05:41 AM
I'd suggest that already converted Ron Paul supporters make way for the undecided on the shuttles. I think it is more important that they see our man. We do need a strategy for those who aren't going to fit in the 2200 person room at Valley Forge.

I'm going to sound bitchy, but I'm not going to do that. This is supposed to be a birthday gift for my son. However, we don't have to stay long.

Nefertiti
11-02-2007, 06:14 AM
I don't know, a better birthday gift seems to me giving your son the kind of country you would want him to grow up in rather than seeing Ron Paul speak. I think if he is too young to understand this then the speech will be above his head anyway (having heard Ron Paul speak here in Chicago) and if he is old enough to understand then doing whatever is necessary to get him elected will be acceptable.

me3
11-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Oh for the love of Pete, now you're trying to talk a mother out of taking her son to see Dr. Paul?

Why don't you give it a rest already. You're such a major downer.

thehittgirl
11-02-2007, 06:29 AM
I don't know, a better birthday gift seems to me giving your son the kind of country you would want him to grow up in rather than seeing Ron Paul speak. I think if he is too young to understand this then the speech will be above his head anyway (having heard Ron Paul speak here in Chicago) and if he is old enough to understand then doing whatever is necessary to get him elected will be acceptable.

But so many out there are pod people and have no interest. My son't doesn't want to be like that. He enjoys politics very much and I am really glad he wants to be there. If this will encourage him to be involved, by all means, I'm going for it.

me3
11-02-2007, 06:33 AM
thehittgirl, you don't need to explain yourself on that decision.

The country needs future patriots as well. And if his interest will strengthen your commitment, it is worth it.

thehittgirl
11-02-2007, 06:37 AM
thehittgirl, you don't need to explain yourself on that decision.

The country needs future patriots as well. And if his interest will strengthen your commitment, it is worth it.

If it wasn't for him and the younger one, I don't think I would have gotten involved. I would never allow him to fight in this stupid war.

Nefertiti
11-02-2007, 06:37 AM
If she said she wanted her son to learn about becoming involved in the political process in the first place rather than just giving him a birthday gift then it wouldn't have come across exactly as she characterized it herself, bitchy.

Sematary
11-02-2007, 07:45 AM
no Problem 2 seats given up right here. How do I UN-RSVP. Going take the wife out on the 10th with my 5th money.

Why are you going to not go? So what if the venue changed? It sucks but it is what it is. The whole point of this rally was to get Ron Paul attention and to introduce him to a new audience. We STILL have the opportunity to do that by flooding Valle Forge with current supporters and thousands of college kids and veterans who have yet to hear the message. Don't hold back your support. Don't "punish" the campaign. The future of our nation is at stake - even in this small show of support that we can give. In the grand scheme of things, however, it might be more important than a simple show of support. I'm willing to bet that if we fill the venue and then some, that we will still get the media attention we are looking for!

micahnelson
11-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Why are you going to not go? So what if the venue changed? It sucks but it is what it is. The whole point of this rally was to get Ron Paul attention and to introduce him to a new audience. We STILL have the opportunity to do that by flooding Valle Forge with current supporters and thousands of college kids and veterans who have yet to hear the message. Don't hold back your support. Don't "punish" the campaign. The future of our nation is at stake - even in this small show of support that we can give. In the grand scheme of things, however, it might be more important than a simple show of support. I'm willing to bet that if we fill the venue and then some, that we will still get the media attention we are looking for!

If we have more than the capacity of the room, that would look great for the pictures. It would make a local impact certainly and should provide us with some impressive youtubing.

Sematary
11-02-2007, 07:54 AM
If we have more than the capacity of the room, that would look great for the pictures. It would make a local impact certainly and should provide us with some impressive youtubing.

Exactly. The venue holds 2200
If we get 5000 people there (still) and Nightline and Nick News and other media outlets are paying attention (they are) then we will STILL make an impact. If people bow out and we don't even fill the venue then we may see negative publicity about the event. If that occurs, I would consider this a massive blunder on the part of the campaign.

thehittgirl
11-02-2007, 08:11 AM

Moreover, don't punish Ron for what the campaign has done. He is the only one qualified to run this country no matter what happens.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Oh for the love of Pete, now you're trying to talk a mother out of taking her son to see Dr. Paul?

Why don't you give it a rest already. You're such a major downer.

+1

No kidding.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 08:21 AM
If she said she wanted her son to learn about becoming involved in the political process in the first place rather than just giving him a birthday gift then it wouldn't have come across exactly as she characterized it herself, bitchy.

Would you get off of her!!!! Damn.

Sematary
11-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Moreover, don't punish Ron for what the campaign has done. He is the only one qualified to run this country no matter what happens.

werd

Nefertiti
11-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Would you get off of her!!!! Damn.

Look I made a simple general suggestion that supporters give their spaces to people who have not yet been exposed to Ron Paul's message so that we can get him elected. Kind of like suggesting that someone give up their seat on the bus for an elderly person. It's her choice to take the suggestion or not but to get angry at me for making the suggestion was uncalled for. I care that her son has a better future, not just get what he wants for his next birthday. If you consider that getting on her then frankly our priorities in life are obviously different and we can agree to disagree and I won't have any hard feelings about it.