PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul mentions ThisNovember5th!

RadioDJforPaul
11-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAzKDBv5QkI

ronpaulyourmom
11-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Sweet!

hellah10
11-01-2007, 08:26 PM
thats so f'ing awesome

constitutional
11-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I love the expression on his face when he mentions it and gets the crowd's reaction.

I did not like when he said "It means the campaign is going to continue for a while." May be I'm thinking too much.

evadmurd
11-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I wonder if any of the other "top-tierers" know anything about what their grassroots are up to.

0zzy
11-01-2007, 08:27 PM
dude! more videos from that!

Abobo
11-01-2007, 08:28 PM
I wonder if any of the other "top-tierers" know anything about what their grassroots are up to.

They know what their grassroots are up to... NOTHING. They don't have any :D

bolidew
11-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Everyone must watch!

MsDoodahs
11-01-2007, 08:32 PM
They have grassroots?

:D

bolidew
11-01-2007, 08:33 PM
And naysayers can stop now.

Brutus
11-01-2007, 08:34 PM
"It means the campaign is going to continue for a while."

Please remember, Dr. Paul has been the lone voice of sanity in Washington for YEARS. Washington has corrupted the souls of many people who went there, and probably not all of them started out evil, but they all wind up either bitter or corrupted. Dr. Paul is neither.

The way he keeps his sanity is by having low expectations. He says exactly that in his speeches about being in Washington which you can find on Mises.org.

Besides, and this is not something you normally see in someone running for office, the man is genuinely humble and honest.

sylvania
11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
This would be a great video to include when encouraging others to donate. His expression when the crowd cheers is priceless.

ItsTime
11-01-2007, 08:37 PM
That is how he jokes.

I love the expression on his face when he mentions it and gets the crowd's reaction.

I did not like when he said "It means the campaign is going to continue for a while." May be I'm thinking too much.

Akus
11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Ifl

MozoVote
11-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah, it's like the "There's a risk I could win" comment he made to Leno. RP's sense of humor is kind of circumspect, you have to pay attention...

ladyliberty
11-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Go Ron Go!!!

constitutional
11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
That is how he jokes.

I hope so! Thanks for the assurance. ;)

dircha
11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
And naysayers can stop now.

Sure is funny, isn't it?

All them on here going on about how they know what is best for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul knows what is best for Ron Paul, and this goes to show that he is proud to have the support of those who will make a real stand for liberty, even if it isn't popular, even if it isn't mainstream.

Just the same as he showed his respect for tax resisters.

This an honest, standup guy, and all these naysayers whining and wringing their hands need to get a grip and realize that we need ALL the help we can get if we even want a shot at this.

They should sit back and watch and take a lesson from this man, because he is the real thing.

brumans
11-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Cool!

Win_Witka
11-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Sure is funny, isn't it?

Ron Paul knows what is best for Ron Paul, and this goes to show that he is proud to have the support of those who will make a real stand for liberty, even if it isn't popular, even if it isn't mainstream.

This an honest, standup guy, and all these naysayers whining and wringing their hands need to get a grip and realize that we need ALL the help we can get if we even want a shot at this.

They should sit back and watch and take a lesson from this man, because he is the real thing.

Couldn't say it any better. I agree with you 100%

Meatwasp
11-01-2007, 09:28 PM
He looks so happy when they all cheered.

adpierce
11-01-2007, 09:33 PM
He looks so happy when they all cheered.

Dude, November 5th might cause server issues with Dr. Paul's website... Imagine, if over 15,000 have pledged 100 dollars ... how many people will donate who didn't manage to pledge, and furthermore how many people will donate more than 100 dollars. I'm anticipating over two million on a single day.

amakris
11-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Dude, November 5th might cause server issues with Dr. Paul's website... Imagine, if over 15,000 have pledged 100 dollars ... how many people will donate who didn't manage to pledge, and furthermore how many people will donate more than 100 dollars. I'm anticipating over two million on a single day.

I would suggest to the thisnovember5th.com people that they send directions to donate as early in the day as possible. Preferably before 9am EST.

walt
11-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Sure is funny, isn't it?

then he should hire people from this board for the staff - not other people disconnected.

goRPaul
11-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I would suggest to the thisnovember5th.com people that they send directions to donate as early in the day as possible. Preferably before 9am EST.

We should definately try to donate in the off hours, from 12am to 6am. A lot of us are up during those hours anyways and doing that would help avoid any server issues, but the campaign has said they're prepared for the best :)

max
11-01-2007, 10:12 PM
All you girlie men fretting about V-Day need to ask yourself...if RP is embracing it (and I'm sure he knows about the Guy Fawkes thing)...why the hell are you so afraid of it (i.e. the media)..

Lighten up...have some fun with this....grow a pair and let's be BOLD....

I DARE the media to make a big deal about V....get us millions more in free publicity and attract all the people who really do hate government (the 50% that dont vote)

this is gonna be huge

see video of Ron talking about 11/5

http://thisnovember5th.com/

Thunderbolt
11-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Ok, you have talked me into it. In fact, you have now convinced me that this is the single most important thing we can do right now. With this spam controversy hanging over our head, we really need to have every supporter on board with this thing.

Make sure your meetup - your entire meetup knows about it. I just heard from a meetup group that just now heard about this and seven more people signed up to be a part of it.

Let people know they can donate less than $100.

Besides, we can't disappoint Ron Paul.

Tell all of your friends about this. Let's make this thing huge!!!!!!

Kregener
11-01-2007, 10:34 PM
NOW we are talkin'...

bolidew
11-01-2007, 10:41 PM
12am ET could be the heaviest bombing load. Please be patient folks.

jointhefightforfreedom
11-01-2007, 10:42 PM
bump

stones88
11-01-2007, 10:50 PM
All you girlie men fretting about V-Day need to ask yourself...if RP is embracing it (and I'm sure he knows about the Guy Fawkes thing)...why the hell are you so afraid of it (i.e. the media)..

Lighten up...have some fun with this....grow a pair and let's be BOLD....

I DARE the media to make a big deal about V....get us millions more in free publicity and attract all the people who really do hate government (the 50% that dont vote)

this is gonna be huge

see video of Ron talking about 11/5

http://thisnovember5th.com/

he's embracing it because he's going to get more money and it shows an encouraging amount of support. it's common sense.

does he know that many nerds are donating because they want to rally around a work of fiction or celebrate Guy Fawkes? I doubt it. But who cares?

If you hate the government, Ron isn't your guy. Cynicism and skepticism are very different from hatred. Conservatism and libertarianism are not the same as anarchy.

bolidew
11-01-2007, 10:57 PM
We are running out of time!
Only one weekend left to promo ThisNovember5th......

brumans
11-01-2007, 10:59 PM
I just sent e-mails to my meet up organizers and encouraged them to send a mass e-mail about Nov. 5th

richard1984
11-01-2007, 11:05 PM
That was great! I didn't see it yesterday. His face was priceless!!! :D

I was a skeptic because of the movie itself, but I have always been in favor of the fundraising, and I have happy to say that I think that this project has become too big to be brought down by the media.

This is exciting!!! :D

ksuguy
11-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm usually up until 2 am, so I'll be doing it in the middle of the night.

Abobo
11-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Conservatism and libertarianism are not the same as anarchy.

Rothbard would not agree with you on that.

max
11-01-2007, 11:52 PM
he's embracing it because he's going to get more money and it shows an encouraging amount of support. it's common sense.

does he know that many nerds are donating because they want to rally around a work of fiction or celebrate Guy Fawkes? I doubt it. But who cares?

If you hate the government, Ron isn't your guy. Cynicism and skepticism are very different from hatred. Conservatism and libertarianism are not the same as anarchy.

If you dont hate these sons of bitches then there's something wrong with you...they have deliberately ruined this nation...

the dollar is plumetting and we're on the brink of war with Iran...damn right i hate them

max
11-01-2007, 11:54 PM

we need to stay off the site that day...

the problem will not be the donations as much as all of us wanting to see whats comning in...serious problem there

James R
11-02-2007, 12:20 AM
I can't wait to hear the news stories about it.