PDA

View Full Version : All Ron Paul ads and print material should mention registering Republican

TulsaRevolution
08-06-2011, 07:59 PM
People who aren't registered Republican can't vote for Ron Paul. This needs to be spread around as much as possible. Assuming that people understand this is letting their votes slip away.

There are also so many folks right now who are fed up with the current Republican party and do not want to associate themselves with it. It has to be PROMOTED that the reason to register as a Republican is even greater if you dislike it in its current form, because that is the only way to change.

Some slogan such as "Change the Republican party by registering".

A simple "vote for Ron Paul" campaign isn't going to work. It has to be BASED on registering people who want to change the Republican party to one which protects the Republic. I suppose you could call the current Republican party the Empire party, since that is what it promotes at the expense of the Republic for which it stands.

wstrucke
08-06-2011, 08:00 PM
It should also restate the obvious that "registering as a republican" only matters for the primary election in that particular year and nothing else. They are free to switch after the election and can vote for whomever they want in the general election.

It's surprising how many people are confused by this concept.

TulsaRevolution
08-06-2011, 08:08 PM
It should also restate the obvious that "registering as a republican" only matters for the primary election in that particular year and nothing else. They are free to switch after the election and can vote for whomever they want in the general election.

True, but I wouldn't waste more advertising time/space/dollars explaining that out.

MelissaWV
08-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Or that some states have open primaries and it doesn't matter there, either, and will just have everyone filling out a bunch of extra paperwork.

Or that some states have completely strange primaries where it doesn't matter too much how "the people" vote, because delegates will decide much of it without most of the public even knowing it's happening :p

It would be better to have a cohesive explanation of each state's primary process in an easy to understand format, linked to the campaign site that is already talked about throughout campaign materials.

erowe1
08-07-2011, 08:08 AM
People who aren't registered Republican can't vote for Ron Paul.

They can in my state, and many others. If we had ads that said to register Republican, it would be confusing, since there's no such thing here.

hueylong
08-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Not this. Publicly registering Republicans to 'change the party' or 'fix the party' will hurt RP among Republicans.

RonPaul101.com
08-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Agreed, this shouldn't be a national campaign, out of clarity it needs to be a local effort if its applicable. I have this posted to my website, use it if you feel it helps:
----------
Democrat and Independent voters NEED to change their party affiliation in states where the primaries are "closed" (meaning you can only vote for your registered party, check out your state here: http://archive.fairvote.org/?page=1801). Once you’ve changed to a registered Republican, vote for Ron Paul in the Republican Primary of 2012. Changing party affiliation is simple and can be done online by registering to vote as Republican Party affiliation selected at: https://register.rockthevote.com/?partner=7363.
----------