PDA

View Full Version : Christina Romer on Mahr's show: "We're pretty darn f*cked"

Valli6
08-06-2011, 01:44 PM
University of California, Berkeley Professor Christina Romer, the Obama administration’s first chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, appeared on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” Friday night.

Romer — who resigned in 2010 after inaccurately predicting that the $800 billion stimulus would lower the unemployment rate — said that the S&P credit downgrade was a sign that we are “pretty darn fucked.”

http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/06/christina-romer-lets-loose-on-credit-downgrade-were-pretty-darn-fucked/

But she and Mahr still think the first stimulus needed to be bigger, and we need another!
"What I want is more now” :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n4I4ZqHzco

acptulsa
08-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, 'cuz the answer to the bankers' stocks sliding is to buy more, and they need cash for that. How else can they own the whole world besides we give them the money to buy it with?

Humanae Libertas
08-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Jesus, just about every so called comedian's show is now a political action show for the Democratic party; that's all they talk about is politics, and to see people actually go to these shows is sad.

acptulsa
08-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Jesus, just about every so called comedian's show is now a political action show for the Democratic party...
//

"Democrats take the whole thing as a joke. Republicans take it serious but run it like a joke."--Will Rogers

'Comedy is no stranger to [the Democratic National Convention] podium. It's a terrible thing for a comedian to have to get up here and follow what I did.'--Will Rogers

"With every public man we have elected doing comedy, I tell you I don't see much of a chance for a comedian to make a living. I am just on the verge of going to work. They can do more funny things naturally than I can think of to do purposely."--Will Rogers 1924

wannaberocker
08-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Romer is like the fire enthusiast, who burns the house down. And then looks on and says "oh man, thats fucked up the house burned down".

Imaginos
08-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Jesus, just about every so called comedian's show is now a political action show for the Democratic party; that's all they talk about is politics, and to see people actually go to these shows is sad.
No, I think it's a perfect match in Heaven.
US politics is a nasty joke.
The only place that it belongs to is either TV comedy show or WWF Smack down match.

HOLLYWOOD
08-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Wow, Christina Romer has sure changed her tune 180 degrees out from when she was weekly interviewed by MSM when running Obama's Council of Economic Advisors.

Romer,

"The long term budget situation is abysmal"
"I certainly try to teach them the truth (Keynesian Economics). It's very known and accepted fact... the empirical evidence is there." But some people want to say the sky is GREEN. :rolleyes:

Guitarzan
08-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Why not play the downgrade up?

After all, the establishment's plan is to raise taxes, just as the S&P advocates. This "downgrade" is all part of the theatre to those ends.

acptulsa
08-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Romer is like the fire enthusiast, who burns the house down. And then looks on and says "oh man, thats fucked up the house burned down".

Obviously it wouldn't have happened if only I had been allowed to use more gasoline. So it isn't my fault.

kpitcher
08-06-2011, 02:12 PM
I saw the show and then later on Bill was complaining about the banks getting bailed out. I know he has a talk show and the point is to be outraged at anything, but to not be consistent in the same show? But he does give some amusing laughs, bourdain and the science guy were good guests. It was also brought up how 1 trillion to save 3 million jobs wasn't so bad.

My take is that at only 333,333 per job that's a heck of a deal! Of course if you figure the latest GAO number of 16 trillion for the bailout that's about 5.3 mil per job. Where do I sign up for one of those jobs?

Sola_Fide
08-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Okay, I'll ask it:

Why does this clueless idiot's videos keep getting reposted on this forum?

acptulsa
08-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Okay, I'll ask it:

Because she's part of the Obama Administration and admitting that they're completely incompetent.

Oh, you meant B.M. Sorry. Because he keeps having other clueless idiots from the Obama Administration on to admit they're completely incompetent.

heavenlyboy34
08-06-2011, 02:34 PM
The only place that it belongs to is either TV comedy show or WWF Smack down match.
This ^^ Keep in mind that everything you're allowed to see is just theatre, folks. The real sausage-making and general evil goes on behind closed doors.

heavenlyboy34
08-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Okay, I'll ask it:

I've posted a few of his things, but only because they were a) RP-related or b) had some common sense (like his bit about big pharma)

wannaberocker
08-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Old hag said fucked to appeal to the BM audience. Who cheered when she said "pretty darn Fucked", what do they have 12 year old children in the audience who laugh and cheer whenever someone says a curse word?

wannaberocker
08-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Wow, Christina Romer has sure changed her tune 180 degrees out from when she was weekly interviewed by MSM when running Obama's Council of Economic Advisors.

Romer,

"The long term budget situation is abysmal"
"I certainly try to teach them the truth (Keynesian Economics). It's very known and accepted fact... the empirical evidence is there." But some people want to say the sky is GREEN. :rolleyes:

I dont understand how people like Romer, krugmann, Reich and other hack economist keep blowing their keynesian horn with a stright face. They keep getting proven wrong again and again. Yet, these people are called experts and the authorities on economics.
Thats like a surgeon who keeps killing people during surgery, yet hes called the best surgeon around. How can anyone who understands the very basics of economics sit there and say "yes yes Keynesian Economics is the answer".

wannaberocker
08-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Obviously it wouldn't have happened if only I had been allowed to use more gasoline. So it isn't my fault.

I think it was Thomas Sowell who once said that when people try X and it dosnt work they try Y. But when govt tries X and it dosnt work they say we need a bigger X. So yeah this nutbar wanted a bigger gas supply.

Theocrat
08-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I dont understand how people like Romer, krugmann, Reich and other hack economist keep blowing their keynesian horn with a stright face. They keep getting proven wrong again and again. Yet, these people are called experts and the authorities on economics.
Thats like a surgeon who keeps killing people during surgery, yet hes called the best surgeon around. How can anyone who understands the very basics of economics sit there and say "yes yes Keynesian Economics is the answer".

It's because they are arrogant people who refuse to admit when they're wrong. For Romer, I would definitely not take her seriously about any stimulus, seeing as how she had to resign for being wrong about the $800 billion one last year. Then she has the nerve to say Keynesian economics is supported by "evidence and facts," all the while ignoring the fact that every Keynesian has been wrong about the economy.

angelatc
08-06-2011, 04:52 PM
It's because they are arrogant people who refuse to admit when they're wrong. For Romer, I would definitely not take her seriously about any stimulus, seeing as how she had to resign for being wrong about the $800 billion one last year. Then she has the nerve to say Keynesian economics is supported by "evidence and facts," all the while ignoring the fact that every Keynesian has been wrong about the economy.

Lord Keynes admitted it was flawed before he died.

wannaberocker
08-06-2011, 08:49 PM

yeah thats true. Thats why i just laugh when some leftist tries to argue economics by starting "well Krugmann or Reich said.....".

headhawg7
08-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I think it was Thomas Sowell who once said that when people try X and it dosnt work they try Y. But when govt tries X and it dosnt work they say we need a bigger X. So yeah this nutbar wanted a bigger gas supply.

And people actually believe it. That is what is truly sad.

Carehn
08-06-2011, 09:17 PM
This chick knows nothing!!! It is so frustrating for me and many others who know that she KNOWS NOTHING to sit here and listen to this mindless fuck with that stupid look on his face talk about her being an expert and then to say the stimulus didn't work because it wasn't big enough... AHHHHH!!

It would not mater so much if i didn't know that shit heads around the world seen this on TV and believed every God damn word of it...

"let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics." - Ayn Rand.

wannaberocker
08-06-2011, 09:25 PM
And people actually believe it. That is what is truly sad.
a great bunch of people are watching this video and taking down the talking points. But i guess at the end of the day that is the purpose of this BS. She prob knows that people who actually under economics will not buy this BS. She is saying this BS for the masses who dont understand basic economics.
I cant fukin imagine being a student in her class. I would absolutly go crazy with frustration.

headhawg7
08-06-2011, 10:01 PM
a great bunch of people are watching this video and taking down the talking points. But i guess at the end of the day that is the purpose of this BS. She prob knows that people who actually under economics will not buy this BS. She is saying this BS for the masses who dont understand basic economics.
I cant fukin imagine being a student in her class. I would absolutly go crazy with frustration.

I know what you mean. These people don't even know the real root of our problems much less how to fix it. In their minds its the spending that is the problem...they believe we are not spending ENOUGH! On another forum I frequent...there is a poster who is taking econ classes, at what univ is anybodies guess, but he actually believes and argues till he is blue in the face that debt and deficits are good. That the debt accumulation is actually GOOD for the economy. He believes it to be a great indicator of prosperity. This is exactly what is being taught at a vast majority of business schools these days. How do you get through to people who are being indoctrinated with this garbage and not smart enough to see the flaws and the reality of that argument?

AcousticFoodie
08-06-2011, 10:08 PM

If I was a student in her class I would actually look forward to challenging her theories in class and try to open the minds of the other students around me...of course I would only do this if I was auditing the class...I'm sure doing so would result in an instant F!

wannaberocker
08-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I know what you mean. These people don't even know the real root of our problems much less how to fix it. In their minds its the spending that is the problem...they believe we are not spending ENOUGH! On another forum I frequent...there is a poster who is taking econ classes, at what univ is anybodies guess, but he actually believes and argues till he is blue in the face that debt and deficits are good. That the debt accumulation is actually GOOD for the economy. He believes it to be a great indicator of prosperity. This is exactly what is being taught at a vast majority of business schools these days. How do you get through to people who are being indoctrinated with this garbage and not smart enough to see the flaws and the reality of that argument?
yeah i mean you can get away with certain level of debt. I just think of it like investing in a company. You look at there financials and see how much debt they got. If its a small portion, then its not a big deal. But if its as massive as the US govt debt, then hell im not investing in that company. But like you said these kids dont get it because they are taught BS by leftist professors.

wannaberocker
08-06-2011, 10:37 PM
If I was a student in her class I would actually look forward to challenging her theories in class and try to open the minds of the other students around me...of course I would only do this if I was auditing the class...I'm sure doing so would result in an instant F!
One of my professors was like her. On the final he give us a few questions and the answers i wrote for them were Sooooooooooo keynesian that i got 100 on the final lol. I mean i didnt believe any of the BS i wrote on the final, but in order to get a good grade i had to turn keynesian for that class. College sucks that way, if you challange a professor they can fail you and if you just give them what they wanna hear, you get 100s.

Theocrat
08-06-2011, 10:47 PM

It's the same "solution" with regulations. If a corporation, firm, or even the economy itself fails to produce a result which the government intended from its own policies, it's because it wasn't regulated enough. Therefore, we need more regulations. :rolleyes:

The crazy thing is economists like Romer are so deluded that they still believe we can get ourselves out of debt by getting ourselves into more debt (like Bush had to violate free market principles in order to save the free market). Logic is no longer a prerequisite for public service, it seems.

civusamericanus
08-06-2011, 10:53 PM
When the Chinese people watch our media, they must think we're bat nuts. I'm speechless, to think our government and government economic advisers think we need to borrow more to solve our spending problem. You figure this crap out in kindergarten, it's not that mysterious.

wannaberocker
08-06-2011, 11:04 PM
It's the same "solution" with regulations. If a corporation, firm, or even the economy itself fails to produce a result which the government intended from its own policies, it's because it wasn't regulated enough. Therefore, we need more regulations. :rolleyes:

The crazy thing is economists like Romer are so deluded that they still believe we can get ourselves out of debt by getting ourselves into more debt (like Bush had to violate free market principles in order to save the free market). Logic is no longer a prerequisite for public service, it seems.

Man regulations dont get me start on regulations. What i have found is that leftist who really believe in these things only need buzz words. Like you said if a govt program dosnt produce the intended results the solution presented by leftist is always "not enough money spent" or "need more regulations".
I guess at the heart leftist are social scientist who want to controll society. Like Romer in the interview talking about how its frustrating when the "stupid" people wont allow her to spend a trillion. They actually like the idea of a few people making life decisions for the masses because they know whats better for society.

wannaberocker
08-06-2011, 11:11 PM
When the Chinese people watch our media, they must think we're bat nuts. I'm speechless, to think our government and government economic advisers think we need to borrow more to solve our spending problem. You figure this crap out in kindergarten, it's not that mysterious.

reminds me of gambler who tries to pay of his previous debts by gambling some more, in hopes that he will get luck. Your right its not that hard to figure out. But the truth is Obama is an absolute ignorant tool when it comes to economics. So why should economic team be any different.

KingRobbStark
08-07-2011, 12:35 AM

Its WWE now :(

Don Lapre
08-07-2011, 04:20 AM
The clip is a fascinating look into human psychology - and how stunningly arrogant and detached from reality people can be.

Bill Moron points the blame for the downgrade in many directions, but fails to acknowledge the blatantly OBVIOUS, which is that the current administration recklessly added huge debt upon huge debt upon huge debt... against warnings that such a path would lead to serious negative consequences.

Moron couldn't even get through a six minute clip without entering Sarah Palin into the discussion, as if she has something at all to do with the downgrade.

LMAO!

asurfaholic
08-07-2011, 04:50 AM
reminds me of gambler who tries to pay of his previous debts by gambling some more, in hopes that he will get luck. Your right its not that hard to figure out. But the truth is Obama is an absolute ignorant tool when it comes to economics. So why should economic team be any different.

The only difference is there is NO jackpot available. The administration isn't gambling because there is only one outcome. Once they spend it- its gone. More american wealth funneled into the pocket of some priveledged elite.

anaconda
08-07-2011, 01:55 PM
She did mention tax cuts right near the end...

wannaberocker
08-07-2011, 09:13 PM
She did mention tax cuts right near the end...

Yeah, but she talks out of both sides of her mouth like Obama.