PDA

View Full Version : New info up on main site regarding Philly Rally

Mandrik
11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
The site of the Ron Paul rally scheduled for Saturday, November 10 has had to be moved from Independence Mall to the Valley Forge Convention Center.

Numerous requirements have forced us to make the move; including an $80,000 to $140,000 price tag. This information was slow in coming, but it has arrived from the city, the unions, and the audio/visual rental companies of Philadelphia. In contrast, all previous rallies we’ve held, regardless of city, have cost between $5,000 and $9,000.

The Valley Forge Convention Center is located 30 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport and is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

The rally will begin at 12 noon in the Philadelphia Room of the Valley Forge Convention Center. The convention center is located at 1160 1st Avenue, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406. For directions call (610) 337-4000 or visit www.vfconventioncenter.com.

This is straight from http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

drexhex
11-01-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm still going to Ind. Mall. We WILL make ourselves known.

slantedview
11-01-2007, 07:36 PM
We were right, cost was the issue. How pathetic. That money could have easily been raised.

Not acceptable.

KewlRonduderules
11-01-2007, 07:38 PM
We were right, cost was the issue. How pathetic. That money could have easily been raised.

Not acceptable.

They mentioned other factors. I am puzzled as to why they are not mentioning them.

Mandrik
I'm still going to Ind. Mall. We WILL make ourselves known.

And this will ultimately hurt us. IMO we should plan something there after the official rally, even if it is later in the day. I know not everyone would be able to make it, but I'm sure a lot of us (myself included) would be willing to at least drive folks there if need be.

me3
Doesn't sound like the campaign is interested in a large rally as a media event.

Sematary
11-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Now comes the BIG logistical problem - how to get possibly thousands of people who don't know about the venue change, to Valley Forge.

drexhex
11-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Now comes the BIG logistical problem - how to get possibly thousands of people who don't know about the venue change, to Valley Forge.

Impossible. If the official campaign doesn't step up there, we're going to have to just hold a grassroots-only rally at the Mall, IMO.

Mandrik
11-01-2007, 07:47 PM

And if we do? If we're going to be in a room that only fits 2000-3000, what will the rest of the people do? Stand outside? :(

me3
11-01-2007, 07:50 PM
$80 ~ $140k, is it just me, or does this seem to be an outrageous amount? How are the Vets managing to hold their get together at Independence Mall?

Spirit of '76
11-01-2007, 07:51 PM
This is sooooooo lame.

Screw the cost. It was too late to change this.

I'm seriously pissed.

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 07:51 PM
They might actually wish to return the permit for the Mall. Just so they aren't responsible for all the people who show up.

Now, for an idea what to do with all those people-How about stage a massive sit in around the Federal Reserve Bank that lasts until Monday?

drexhex
11-01-2007, 07:53 PM
How about stage a massive sit in around the Federal Reserve Bank that lasts until Monday?

I'M THERE.

me3
11-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Now, for an idea what to do with all those people-How about stage a massive sit in around the Federal Reserve Bank that lasts until Monday?
The people who show up at the mall aren't going to be the hardcore conspiracy zealots. They are the people who need to be exposed to Dr. Paul, not participate in what a lot of people will see as fringe activism.

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I'M THERE.

Be inspired:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Speech_Movement

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 07:58 PM
The people who show up at the mall aren't going to be the hardcore conspiracy zealots. They are the people who need to be exposed to Dr. Paul, not participate in what a lot of people will see as fringe activism.

I'm no conspiracy zealot. This is supposed to be educational, learning about the Federal Reserve and its role would be part of it I would hope.

me3
11-01-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm no conspiracy zealot. This is supposed to be educational, learning about the Federal Reserve and its role would be part of it I would hope.
I think there is a lot more utility in introducing people to Dr. Paul than introducing them to Bernanke, but that's just me. :D

Phenom24
11-01-2007, 07:59 PM
.........(________________________________________ _______________________)

That was me displaying my dismay.

(grumbles and mumbles)

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Name another institution in the area that could inspire some active education. Doesn't just have to be the Fed. The park has other places too that might be conducive to this sort of thing.

Look, we have to consider Ron Paul won't be there but there will be people there who want to learn more about him. Introducing them to his issues and using the buildings as backdrops is one way to do that.

greves
11-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Digg the change, help spread the word so people know where to go.

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Philadelphia_Rally_Site_Changed

drexhex
11-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Name another institution in the area that could inspire some active education. Doesn't just have to be the Fed. The park has other places too that might be conducive to this sort of thing.

Look, we have to consider Ron Paul won't be there but there will be people there who want to learn more about him. Introducing them to his issues and using the buildings as backdrops is one way to do that.

These are great ideas. There's Independence Hall itself, the Free Mason building (hehe, that one's sort of a joke), hmm...