PDA

View Full Version : August 6th Iowa Phone Bomb - I'm planning to do 500 phone calls; join me!

Magicman
08-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Hello, I am going to make 500 calls today to Iowa residents to get them to vote at the Iowa straw poll. I'm looking for other dedicated Ron Paul fans to do at least a couple hundred.

Here is the info it's super easy to get started and ask the questions.

Please join the August 6th Phone Bomb for Ron Paul to get Iowans to the Straw Poll

Go to www.RP2012.org..Click on Act Now...Click on Watch: How to be a Closer - Training Video Part One and Two...It's that easy to get started!

sailingaway
08-06-2011, 08:55 AM
The campaign has its own phone bank from home program. This way doesn't get the info to the campaign. Why wouldn't someone go to the campaign?

harikaried
08-06-2011, 09:11 AM
The campaign's phone-from-home program isn't as direct or efficient (at this point in time before Ames) as calling through rp2012.org, which uses rp08orbust's numbers, or directly from rp08orbust's lists. We're making calls and getting people to the straw poll either with vouchers or directing to ronpauliowa.com

sailingaway
08-06-2011, 09:13 AM
But we know who the campaign is, not who you are. Also, you say it is more efficient, but I don't see that. And anyone wanting to use rporbust's lists only has to respond to the 'urgent phone bankers needed' link stickied to the top of this forum, and then can actually give the information to the campaign directly, and direct people to the campaign.

harikaried
08-06-2011, 09:20 AM
sailingaway, have you used the campaign's phone-from-home interface? I've done all three (phone-from-home, rp2012, rp08orbust) and each has their own benefits. Some are more efficient in getting people to vote for Ron Paul at the Ames Straw Poll.

sailingaway
08-06-2011, 09:26 AM
harikaried, the rp2012 lost ALL credibility with me as 'supporting' Ron Paul when it started outright competing with the campaign, and not getting the information from the calls to the campaign which will need it not just for Ames but for donors, volunteers and GOTV as the campaign progresses. I don't care at this point that they MIGHT be more efficient, at this point I'm just hoping like hell they will really come up with tickets for those who get there. I appreciated the initiative before the campaign got going, but I have seen no explanation that satisfies me regarding why 'Ron Paul supporters' wouldn't support his campaign.

gerryb
08-06-2011, 11:22 AM
sailingaway, we've been through this already. The campaign is inept. end of story. If they wanted data, they would pay for it.

You have two choices... spend weeks trying to get set up with the phone from home program... and make calls to identify ron paul supporters (Make 100 dials or more to find one person). Or use rp2012.org and call folks who have already been IDed, and sign up at a minimum 1 out of 10 to go to the straw poll. Most 'closers' are at a 1 in 5 ratio.

sailingaway
08-06-2011, 01:40 PM
I am already set up with the campaign. I also now have numbers from rp08orbust. You haven't addressed my points. You are going to do what you are going to do, but the campaign is set up, and with rp08orbust's IDd robocalls available for volunteers this weekend, I still don't see why people should go with a system that won't coordinate with the campaign, instead of with the campaign.

If they do rp08orbust's numbers they can direct the person directly to the iowaforronpaul .com site or to the campaign phone number for the tickets. Until rp08orbust's numbers are used up, this is even IDd robocalls AND they can give the information to the campaign to use later.

afwjam
08-06-2011, 02:16 PM
What's wrong with the free market?

sailingaway
08-06-2011, 02:21 PM
What's wrong with the free market?

The free market is neutral. The products have different producers and features, and I'm pointing that out.

gerryb
08-06-2011, 02:49 PM
The free market is neutral. The products have different producers and features, and I'm pointing that out.

The only point you are making is the campaign doesn't get the data. I addressed that point, the campaign is inept. If they wanted the data, they would buy it and have their phone from home system utilize it.

Additionally, if they didn't take 2+ months getting their system online, rp2012.org wouldn't have needed to create their own infrastructure. If the campaign was purchasing the ID's, there would be no need to utilize a different system. But they aren't.

harikaried
08-07-2011, 12:05 PM
It's past 1pm Iowa time! Time to continue the phone calls!