PDA

View Full Version : 31 US troops killed in Afghan helicopter crash

moderate libertarian
08-06-2011, 05:29 AM
This is the highest number of troops killed in one day since war started.

Afghan president: 31 Americans killed in crash
By SOLOMON MOORE - Associated Press | AP – 53 mins ago

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — A helicopter crash in Afghanistan's eastern Wardak province killed 31 U.S. special operation troops and seven Afghan soldiers, the country's president said Saturday. It was the highest number of American casualties recorded in a single incident in the decade-long war.

President Hamid Karzai sent his condolences to President Barack Obama, according to a statement issued by his office.

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-president-31-americans-killed-crash-093236195.html

Bruno
08-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Very sad for 31 families. :(

We just need to hurry up and find Osama bin Laden and then get out of there.

Thrashertm
08-06-2011, 05:48 AM
Make sure to leave a comment mentioning how Ron Paul will get our troops out of harm's way in Afghanistan.

AZKing
08-06-2011, 06:24 AM
We just need to hurry up and find Osama bin Laden and then get out of there.

Word is that he's hiding in one of those caves. They're bound to find him soon.

MikeStanart
08-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Just in: Most of the seals were in the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden. Coincidence?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_AFGHANISTAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-06-06-27-19

TER
08-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Just in: Most of the seals were in the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden. Coincidence?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_AFGHANISTAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-06-06-27-19

:eek:

Anti Federalist
08-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Coincidence?

No.

Dead men tell no tales.

libertyfanatic
08-06-2011, 11:26 AM
I wonder if some of the Seals were about to spill the beans...

TER
08-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I wonder if this will translate to more people in the military donating to Ron Paul.

Either way, may these soldiers rest in peace...

pcosmar
08-06-2011, 11:33 AM
I wonder if some of the Seals were about to spill the beans...

Hoping someone missed the flight,then. Or recorded testimony beforehand.

Pretty slim hope for sure.

There is no doubt quiet discussion among those on the periphery and those that are knowledgeable.
Hope for leaks.

MelissaCato
08-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Kinda like the survivor Chip Tatum with Operation Red Rock (http://www.whale.to/b/guyatt.html#OPERATION_RED_ROCK_) ?

:eek:

libertyfanatic
08-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Hoping someone missed the flight,then. Or recorded testimony beforehand.

Pretty slim hope for sure.

There is no doubt quiet discussion among those on the periphery and those that are knowledgeable.
Hope for leaks.

If there is a recorded testimony it will probably be destroyed. I agree, hope for leaks.

moderate libertarian
08-06-2011, 01:07 PM

This was not metioned in earlier report. In comments to the news report, some people were seeing it as a conpiracy to stop leaks but I find it hard to believe that Leon Panetta and Obama could sanction killing of US military personnel or Seals.

moonshineplease
08-06-2011, 01:20 PM
All the articles i've seen say it was shot down.

pcosmar
08-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I find it hard to believe that Leon Panetta and Obama could sanction killing of US military personnel or Seals.

Why,
Why would you find it hard to believe.

Gulf of Tonkin
USS Liberty
WMDs in Iraq

Waco Raid
MK Ultra

Operation Northwoods (planned but not carried out)
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/northwoods.html

What is hard to believe in light of history, and known modus operandi ?

Nirvikalpa
08-06-2011, 02:04 PM
None of the 22 SEAL personnel killed in the crash were part of the team that killed bin Laden in a May raid in Pakistan, but they belonged to the same unit.

Regardless... 31 (some reports saying 30?) lives lost that did not have to be.

pcosmar
08-06-2011, 02:07 PM
All the articles i've seen say it was shot down.

Short term memory loss?
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20082156-10391695.html

"Catch all" suspects.
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&source=hp&q=al+qaeda+takes+credit&pbx=1&oq=al+qaeda+takes+credit&aq=f&aqi=g1g-v3&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=5835l7805l0l10337l9l9l0l0l0l1l292l1958l0.4. 5l9l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=661c0b1152c259b4&biw=1163&bih=579

pcosmar
08-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Regardless... 31 (some reports saying 30?) lives lost that did not have to be.

This is true. They should not be there at all.
The Russians learned the hard way,, "we" still have not.

like the SYF
:)

HOLLYWOOD
08-06-2011, 02:11 PM
The Chinook went down trying to rescue American caught in a firefight according to the Pentagon.

My other post reflect directly to this... 3 other NATO/Americans troops died in the firefight the seals were advancing to... can you say "SETUP" by the Taliban?

pcosmar
08-06-2011, 02:21 PM
The Chinook went down trying to rescue American caught in a firefight according to the Pentagon.

My other post reflect directly to this... 3 other NATO/Americans troops died in the firefight the seals were advancing to... can you say "SETUP" by the Taliban?

If that is so, (doubts) then it is about the stupidest and tactically unsound move made. (suicidal even)

You don't bring a slow moving and highly vulnerable aircraft into a hot zone. There are far better options. and aircraft that are built especially for ground support missions.

Again,, not passing smell test.

madengr
08-06-2011, 08:06 PM
So a guy posts the following in a CCW forum I frequent; he is getting called just about every name in the book:

perhaps if they werent killing folks and risking their lives for globalist and corporate interests, they'd still be alive. sorry to have to be a dick, but it is what it is. don't gimme that BS about "defending our freedom" or "killing folks to give you the right to type this message." the only people threatening my first, second, fourth, sixth, ninth, and tenth amendment rights is my own government, and these guys were on their side, not mine, even if the majority of them might have never realized it. i have little sympathy for hired guns, this had nothing to do with defending our country. yeah, i just badmouthed dead seals, go on and flame me. i spoke my mind.

my heart goes out to their families.

madengr
08-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Dupe

Anti Federalist
08-06-2011, 08:31 PM
So a guy posts the following in a CCW forum I frequent; he is getting called just about every name in the book:

Linky plz?

Might want to sign on to defend him.

Too many gun sites are festering holes of "nuke 'em all and turn it into a glass parking lot" mouth breathers.

Anti Federalist
08-06-2011, 08:48 PM
This was not metioned in earlier report. In comments to the news report, some people were seeing it as a conpiracy to stop leaks but I find it hard to believe that Leon Panetta and Obama could sanction killing of US military personnel or Seals.

Why,

Gulf of Tonkin
USS Liberty
WMDs in Iraq

Waco Raid
MK Ultra

Forgot a few Pete:

Operation Shad.

Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment.

Human radiation experiments.

Field testing of LSD on unsuspecting populations (Project Third Chance and Derby Hat)

Just recently, injecting adulterated vaccines into Pakistan's population to track "terrorist genetics".

The list is quite long.

Government has no problem infecting, shooting, bombing and killing it's own people and troops.

It has been revealed, literally, hundreds of times that it has been done in the past.

Scoff and dismiss this at your own peril.

madengr
08-06-2011, 09:02 PM
http://www.ksccw.com/showthread.php?t=29558&page=2

pcosmar
08-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Forgot a few Pete:

Operation Shad.

Field testing of LSD on unsuspecting populations (Project Third Chance and Derby Hat)

Just recently, injecting adulterated vaccines into Pakistan's population to track "terrorist genetics".

The list is quite long.

Government has no problem infecting, shooting, bombing and killing it's own people and troops.

It has been revealed, literally, hundreds of times that it has been done in the past.

Yeah,,well. I got - repped for being a nut as it was.

What can ya say???

libertyjam
08-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Forgot a few Pete:

Operation Shad.

The list is quite long.

Add another one - Britain's 7-7-7 bombing

Anti Federalist
08-06-2011, 11:30 PM
http://www.ksccw.com/showthread.php?t=29558&page=2

NVM, I see you have it well under control.

He's been registered 3 years longer than you.

You guys can pile on Apheod all you want, but he's right. This whole war is a sham. This country is pumping 10's of billions into Pakistan all the while their intel agencies are hiding Bin Laden. You are far more likely to die by cop or government than a terrorist. I'm more worried about being tasered, beat, or shot by an agent of the state than some goat herder 8,000 miles away.

So using the same logic, it's respectable that so many Germans died while serving for the fatherland? Wouldn't it be more respectable if they died against the fatherland? Was it honorable for the BATF who died at Waco, serving their country whilst burning up kids. Maybe there is difference between dying for your countrymen and dying for your government.

James Madison
08-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Add another one - Britain's 7-7-7 bombing

Here's a few more:

Operation Ajax: Got rid of a pro-western, anti-communist president and brought in the brutal Shah that killed over 200,000 Iranians

Operation Gladio: Hundreds of bombings carried out in Europe during the Cold War to be blamed on 'communists'. Popular targets: school buses, schools, and religious buildings.

Gulf of Tonkin: Fairy-tale attack that launched the escalation of combat operations in Vietnam. 58,000+ Americans killed, thousands wounded physically/emotionally, 2-3+ million dead Vietnamese.

Radioactive testing: Read 'The Plutonium Files'

Anti Federalist
08-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah,,well. I got - repped for being a nut as it was.

What can ya say???

One +rep to bring ya back up.

affa
08-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Not to sound paranoid -- but just wanted to put out a logical reminder:

if these were the men that supposedly killed OBL, we'd still be told they weren't. from a purely propagandist standpoint, telling the world it was the same men would make it that much more 'successful' for the 'enemy'. and from a purely conspiratorial standpoint, it makes far more sense to say the dead men telling no tales are different dead men, since it's unprovable either way.

the point is, the media reports that it's different men are essentially meaningless, since they'd never report it was the same men for a variety of reasons.

UWDude
08-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Furthermore, those who were involved in the raid would never be able to tell anyone they were, as that would be classified. Likewise, confirming or denying those dead were involved in the raid would be classified. Therefore, By confirming they were not those who participated in the raid on bin laden, the Pentagon has released information that should be classified. The only reason they would do this would be for propaganda. Which should quickly raise suspicion upon the veracity of their statements.

AuH20
08-07-2011, 01:34 AM
http://www.infowars.com/deaths-of-seal-team-6-exposed/

puppetmaster
08-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Anyone know the typical size of a seal team?

limequat
08-07-2011, 09:56 AM
My wife -who is the most status quo person possible- heard this story and uttered only two words: "cover up".

Didn't even occur to me until she said it. Seems obvious now. I guess it is.

UWDude
08-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Here is a link with a good breakdown of the command structure

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/08/navy-special-warfare-community-in-shock-and-disbelief-080611/

DevGru, based in Dam Neck, Va., is the Navy’s “Tier One” special mission unit that operates as part of task forces formed under the Joint Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, N.C. It is the Navy’s equivalent to the Army’s 1st Special Forces Operational Command — Delta, or Delta Force. DevGru has four line squadrons — Blue, Gold, Red and Silver — plus a strategic reconnaissance element known as Black Squadron.

Each squadron is divided into three troops. The crash wiped out an entire troop in Gold Squadron, said the NSW source.

moderate libertarian
08-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Why,

Gulf of Tonkin
USS Liberty
WMDs in Iraq

Waco Raid
MK Ultra

I take your point, things are not always as they appear to be. I was just looking for some more facts to understand this, there are certainly some strange coincidences here.

One thing that struck me as bit odd is that while NATO statements in Afghanistan are saying they are investigating claims that it was shot down by Talibans , a US spekesman in Washignton said yesterday it was shot down by Taliban. In the press releases surrounding similar incidences in the past, any Talibans claim of shooting down birds is usually talked down in early phase of investigation to deny them propaganda value among other factors. There are questions still.

pcosmar
08-07-2011, 11:47 AM
There are questions still.

Start with,,
Define "Taliban".

And ask what are Afghan Patriots called. (not Afghan collaborators)
Remember that we are both invaders and occupiers of a Foreign Sovereign land.

affa
08-07-2011, 12:32 PM
I take your point, things are not always as they appear to be. I was just looking for some more facts to understand this, there are certainly some strange coincidences here.

One thing that struck me as bit odd is that while NATO statements in Afghanistan are saying they are investigating claims that it was shot down by Talibans , a US spekesman in Washignton said yesterday it was shot down by Taliban. In the press releases surrounding similar incidences in the past, any Talibans claim of shooting down birds is usually talked down in early phase of investigation to deny them propaganda value among other factors. There are questions still.

Why would someone be quick to point the finger when they normally find every reason not to? That answer, sadly, is obvious.

We live in a world, now, where one can provide no proof and give as a reason that people that want proof would not believe the proof anyway. And therefore, anyone who believes on blind faith is 'sane', and anyone who questions the narrative gets labeled conspiracy theorist and 'proofer'.

And now dozens dead, who very well may have known the truth, either way.

We are expected to believe 'coincidences' on such a regular basis now (phone hacker journalist found dead! no investigation required!) that it's hard to not sound crazy against the onslaught. Figures, right. All part of the plan, I suppose.

BlackTerrel
08-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Heard about this over the weekend. Very sad. RIP.

freakout9903
08-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that there was like 25 too many special forces to have in one helicopter? It's like putting the President and Vice President in the same plane. Very sad either way tho. I feel for the friends and family of the deceased. Hope we can get the troops home after getting Ron Paul elected.

heavenlyboy34
08-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that there was like 25 too many special forces to have in one helicopter? It's like putting the President and Vice President in the same plane. Very sad either way tho. I feel for the friends and family of the deceased. Hope we can get the troops home after getting Ron Paul elected.

Depends on the chopper. Some choppers can carry a lot of people and gear, as well. The MIC makes some pretty scary toys. I've seen some of them up close at exhibitions at Luke Air Force Base.

Anti Federalist
08-07-2011, 10:59 PM

Depends on the chopper. Some choppers can carry a lot of people and gear, as well. The MIC makes some pretty scary toys. I've seen some of them up close at exhibitions at Luke Air Force Base.

The Chinook, depending on the particular model, can carry from 22 to 55 fully equipped troops.