PDA

View Full Version : TSA Illegally Confiscates Pregnant Woman’s Insulin As “Explosives Risk"

Anti Federalist
08-05-2011, 10:49 PM
TSA Illegally Confiscates Pregnant Woman’s Insulin As “Explosives Risk”

Keeping America safe from diabetes sufferers

Steve Watson
Infowars.com
Aug 5, 2011

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-illegally-confiscates-pregnant-womans-insulin-as-explosives-risk/

The TSA is at it again. Putting in danger and infringing on the rights of every day Americans attempting to go about their daily business is now par for the course in the nation’s airports.

This time the agency faces a formal complaint over an incident Yesterday at Denver International Airport where a TSO screener confiscated a pregnant woman’s insulin and ice packs, claiming they were “at risk for explosives.”

The woman, who asked to remain unidentified for fear that TSA agents would retaliate against her in future, described the incident to local ABC affiliate 7 News:

“He’s like, ‘Well, you’re a risk.’ I’m like, ‘Excuse me?’ And he’s like, ‘This is a risk … I can’t tell you why again. But this is at risk for explosives,’”

“I got a bottle of nail polish. I got hair spray bottles. I got needles that are syringes. But yet I can’t take through my actual insulin?” she retorted.

The woman says she ensured that the the insulin was clearly labeled and even produced a doctor’s note, yet still the TSO was adamant that the medicine constituted a security threat.

The TSA’s own website clearly states that insulin and all standard supplies associated with diabetes are permitted through the checkpoint once they have been screened.

In addition, TSA procedure does not allow for confiscation of any legal items. Agents may only take something from a passenger via “voluntary surrender”. In this instance the confiscation therefore constitutes theft.

The fact that the confiscated item in question was a diabetes sufferer’s insulin, coupled with the fact that the woman is with child makes the incident even more despicable.

Worse still, the woman claims that the agent never even confirmed the fact that the insulin had been removed from her baggage.

truthdivides
08-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Wow, I'm definitely not flying now. I don't want my insulin taken away. Insulin is so expensive.

youngbuck
08-05-2011, 10:58 PM
So why is the screener not charged with at least theft and fired? Yes, I know I'm beating a dead horse.

AcousticFoodie
08-06-2011, 12:49 AM
If it was short acting insulin...I wonder what would have happened if she ate some gummy bears in front of the TSA agent. Would she have given the insulin back?

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-06-2011, 01:08 AM
I wonder if they confiscated her breasts and bladder too because milk and urine are liquids.
The stupid part about this is the 9/11 hijacking wasn't caused by any explosives on the planes. The FBI's story is the terrorists used box cutters to hijack them. If they can use a boxcutter to hijack a plane, then what will stop them from hijacking it with sharpened fingernails?

DamianTV
08-06-2011, 01:26 AM
They will confiscate Insulin, do their damnedest to outlaw Alcohol and Tobacco, or at least control who is allowed access to those drugs, but fully endorse shit like Mercury Laden Vaccines, Prozac, every other type of Prescription Drug on the planet, outlaw Asprin, Vitamins, Organic Foods and anything that cant be patented or profited from, and tell us shit like Aspertame is "Good" for us.

The world is backwards. Up is Down. Good is Evil. Freedom is Slavery. Its time to break the Magic Looking Glass that distorts our view of the world.

Anti Federalist
08-06-2011, 12:05 PM
They will confiscate Insulin, do their damnedest to outlaw Alcohol and Tobacco, or at least control who is allowed access to those drugs, but fully endorse shit like Mercury Laden Vaccines, Prozac, every other type of Prescription Drug on the planet, outlaw Asprin, Vitamins, Organic Foods and anything that cant be patented or profited from, and tell us shit like Aspertame is "Good" for us.

The world is backwards. Up is Down. Good is Evil. Freedom is Slavery. Its time to break the Magic Looking Glass that distorts our view of the world.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/187790_460s.jpg

Brooklyn Red Leg
08-06-2011, 05:55 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/187790_460s.jpg

Hahahahaha!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Argh!

DamianTV
08-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Wow! I didnt laugh! I must need more Lithium in my Water...