PDA

View Full Version : Ron paul super bowl style add during debates! Got any ideas?

RIPLEYMOM
08-05-2011, 05:38 PM
It would be big. It would be the first of its kind. It would be all the buzz. What are some of your ideas? Think past super bowl grandieur.

trey4sports
08-05-2011, 05:39 PM
not a good use of funds.

RIPLEYMOM
08-05-2011, 05:45 PM
I keep thinking of the add with the guy who has an Eastern European accent and a miniature giraffe. Instead, it could be RP with a miniature Obama, Pelosi, and Reid?

acptulsa
08-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I keep thinking of the fact that the Super Bowl refuses to air any political ad.

RIPLEYMOM
08-05-2011, 05:49 PM
But I mean during one of the debates.

trey4sports
08-05-2011, 05:55 PM
I keep thinking of the fact that the Super Bowl refuses to air any political ad.

don't be a dick.

Read the directions, too.

acptulsa
08-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Hmmm. I do seem to have misread the thread title.

Which doesn't, trey, automatically make me a dick.

Sorry, RM.

trey4sports
08-05-2011, 05:56 PM
But I mean during one of the debates.

T.V. advertising isn't a great way to gain votes unless you have already milked direct mail to death.

RIPLEYMOM
08-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Don't be sorry. I think he was talking to me. I think it's a fun idea, but yes, probably not plausible.

IPSecure
08-05-2011, 06:10 PM
How about something very sarcastic via this guy - 'Joe Isuzu'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIcjfWvNYw&hd=1

RIPLEYMOM
08-05-2011, 06:18 PM
That's funny.

sratiug
08-05-2011, 06:18 PM
What about in Iowa?

libertybrewcity
08-05-2011, 06:21 PM
if you spent all of what the Good Doctor raised in the second quarter of 2011, you would get about 4 and a half ads of 30 seconds each.

And then what? You reach a bunch of drunk football people, maybe overload the campaign page, and then life goes on. We need to microtarget voters. keep the ideas coming though.

acptulsa
08-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Actually, we could do some good with it. Don't know if they'll allow it during a debate, as it strips them of the veneer of impartiality. Not that they're impartial at all, but they like to pretend to be.

I still remember a great skit from the early SNL days where someone new to Mexican food went to a Mexican restaurant and asked what basically everything on the menu was. Each time, he got the same answer--meat, refried beans, cheese, lettuce and tomato on a tortilla. Tacos, burritos, enchaladas--same answer.

I could see an ad where a bunch of candidates--they don't have to be the real ones--are asked about their positions on the issues, and they all say war, debt, big government, etc. etc. and then half say they'll promise to end abortion but really won't and half say they'll promise to allow gay marriage but really won't. Could be a fun grassroots type ad.

Don't know what effect it would have on the campaign to mention Ron Paul, but he certainly wouldn't come on and say he approved the message. If we couldn't mention him, and we probably couldn't, we'd have a tricky one to deal with. 'Only one honest man is in the race this time--you know, the libertarian. The twenty-three year Representative from South Texas that doesn't get mentioned much. He Who Must Not Be Named.'