PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Phonebankers Needed

rp08orbust
08-05-2011, 04:33 PM
I have 637 Iowa phone numbers of Ron Paul leaners (I don't say "supporters" because all they've done for Ron Paul is press a button on their phone) without anyone to call them and invite them to the Ames straw poll. Andy Demers from the Ron Paul campaign says their hands are full, while rp2012.org is focused on the Ames/Des Moines area and also seems to have a full plate.

If you're available to make calls right now, please send me an email at r gear y i i i at g mail dot com with your RPF username and I'll send you a list of 25 phone numbers. If I don't reply quickly, then call me at ( Two Five Three ) Two Four Two - Eight Seven Two Two.

I'd prefer it if you've had experience phonebanking for the campaign, but I'll see how picky I can be after I see how many responses I get. I'd like to say you'll encounter about one Ron Paul supporter willing to commit to attending for every ten numbers you'll dial (as others who have used my lists have reported), but these numbers are concentrated around Cedar Rapids (two hour bus ride from Ames), meaning it could be rough.

Unlike rp2012.org, which is giving out their own ticket vouchers, my goal is to direct people to IowaForRonPaul.com and pass the contact details of solid supporters on to the campaign (which is perfectly legal). I'll be giving you a script that gerryb has used with success.

If you're uncomfortable with doing phonebanking that isn't part of the official campaign, then all I ask is that you give one of these lists a try. If you encounter more Ron Paul supporters using the campaign's phone from home program, then keep using it. If you encounter more Ron Paul supporters calling these lists, then use them. The goal is to maximize the number of votes for Ron Paul in the Iowa straw poll.

I have over $4,000 pledged for more robopolling, which I can begin spending on identifying more Ron Paul supporters as soon as this list has been called.

jmdrake
08-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Check your email.

ForLibertyFight
08-05-2011, 04:44 PM
bump

thehighwaymanq
08-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Bump

We need 26 RPF-ers to call all these numbers tonight!

ForLibertyFight
08-05-2011, 04:51 PM
I have 637 Iowa phone numbers of Ron Paul leaners (I don't say "supporters" because all they've done for Ron Paul is press a button on their phone) without anyone to call them and invite them to the Ames straw poll. Andy Demers from the Ron Paul campaign says their hands are full, while rp2012.org is focused on the Ames/Des Moines area and also seems to have a full plate.

If you're available to make calls right now, please send me an email at r gear y i i i at g mail dot com with your RPF username and I'll send you a list of 25 phone numbers.

I'd prefer it if you've had experience phonebanking for the campaign, but I'll see how picky I can be after I see how many responses I get. I'd like to say you'll encounter about one Ron Paul supporter willing to commit to attending for every ten numbers you'll dial (as others who have used my lists have reported), but these numbers are concentrated around Cedar Rapids (two hour bus ride from Ames), meaning it could be rough.

Unlike rp2012.org, which is giving out their own ticket vouchers, my goal is to direct people to IowaForRonPaul.com and pass the contact details of solid supporters on to the campaign (which is perfectly legal). I'll be giving you a script that gerryb has used with success.

If you're uncomfortable with doing phonebanking that isn't part of the official campaign, then all I ask is that you give one of these lists a try. If you encounter more Ron Paul supporters using the campaign's phone from home program, then keep using it. If you encounter more Ron Paul supporters calling these lists, then use them. The goal is to maximize the number of votes for Ron Paul in the Iowa straw poll.

I'm making calls from your list on rp2012.org right now. Should I help out with this list instead?

rp08orbust
08-05-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm making calls from your list on rp2012.org right now. Should I help out with this list instead?

Nope. rp2012.org has phone numbers closer to Ames, so go for the low-hanging fruit first.

I know there are many who gave the campaign's objection to rp2012.org as a reason to not phonebank for them, so I'm hoping some of those people volunteer for these lists.

rp08orbust
08-05-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm going to harass the people in chat...

FriedChicken
08-05-2011, 05:04 PM
People shouldn't be in chat when there are numbers to call! Would help but I'm busy with RP2012 numbers. I hate going against the official campaign but I'm seeing amazing results from the robo numbers they bought from you.

Seriously - anyone who is opposed to RP2012 should contact RP08 right now and get started on this! (A couple forum members come to mind ... they'll go unmentioned)

rp08orbust
08-05-2011, 05:09 PM
People shouldn't be in chat when there are numbers to call! Would help but I'm busy with RP2012 numbers. I hate going against the official campaign but I'm seeing amazing results from the robo numbers they bought from you.

Seriously - anyone who is opposed to RP2012 should contact RP08 right now and get started on this! (A couple forum members come to mind ... they'll go unmentioned)

Yeah, at least a dozen come to mind. If any of them so much as stick their head in chat between 5pm and 9pm Central this weekend, they're getting blasted.

FriedChicken
08-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Lol

sailingaway
08-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Does it absolutely have to be tonight? Because I could do them tomorrow, but I have people over tonight. Let me know HERE because I'm not going into my email but will probably check here. however, if it is ok to do them tomorrow you do have my email and can send me a batch -- just let me know here that I need to check email.

rp08orbust
08-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Does it absolutely have to be tonight? Because I could do them tomorrow, but I have people over tonight. Let me know HERE because I'm not going into my email but will probably check here. however, if it is ok to do them tomorrow you do have my email and can send me a batch -- just let me know here that I need to check email.

I've only gotten one volunteer so far, so it looks like there will be plenty available all day tomorrow. These are all cell phone numbers, so you should get a decent answer rate all day on Saturday.

sailingaway
08-05-2011, 05:32 PM
OK, let me have some then, if you still feel that way tonight. I'll probably do them early, PST (mid day Iowa), so if you have a batch there tonight, I'll do them in the morning. But I'm going to have to do them as I can, so if I have to get in touch with you in the morning, that wouldn't be a good idea.

rp08orbust
08-05-2011, 05:33 PM
OK, let me have some then, if you still feel that way tonight. I'll probably do them early, PST (mid day Iowa), so if you have a batch there tonight, I'll do them in the morning. But I'm going to have to do them as I can, so if I have to get in touch with you in the morning, that wouldn't be a good idea.

OK, thanks.

rp08orbust
08-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Can this be stickied somewhere for the weekend?

sailingaway
08-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure it's a benefit to be stickied, but here you go

thehighwaymanq
08-06-2011, 01:07 AM
How many did we get done tonight? I am all out tomorrow but could help on Sunday.

harikaried
08-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Just some stats.
22 calls
3 + 1 neighbor directed to ronpauliowa.com
2 truckers for ron paul, but route might take them out of state
1 was on the fence, but would want to vote for ron paul after I answered her top issues (no obamacare, pro life, national debt, states rights) -- too far for ames 8 hours round trip by car (I wonder how long by bus!)
1 on vacation
1 eating supper

Although these numbers should be near Cedar Rapids, there were people all in Mason City and Green.

sailingaway
08-06-2011, 08:56 AM
rp08orbust, I haven't gone to my email yet, just getting coffee at this point. But if the numbers are there I will make calls this morning.

sailingaway
08-06-2011, 10:12 AM
rp08orbust - did you get all the calls made? I don't see any in my email. I'm going to miss my window of time if I don't hook up with you, so I'm hoping this means other volunteers already called...

rp08orbust
08-06-2011, 11:14 AM
rp08orbust - did you get all the calls made? I don't see any in my email. I'm going to miss my window of time if I don't hook up with you, so I'm hoping this means other volunteers already called...

Nope, I just sent you a list of 25 phone numbers and a script. I have a total of 5 people signed up, but haven't received any spreadsheets back from people (though harikaried was close to being finished with his first list when he made his 107 minute call last night).

sailingaway
08-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Nope, I just sent you a list of 25 phone numbers and a script. I have a total of 5 people signed up, but haven't received any spreadsheets back from people (though harikaried was close to being finished with his first list when he made his 107 minute call last night).

Unfortunately, I was going to call at 9 am my time, 11 Iowa, and my window is almost closed. That is why I had asked you to send them last night. I have a house full of guests and later in the day is an issue, since people are now up and about, and I have to set up with my cell in the dining room to phone bank -- the only room of the house that gets cell coverage. If I can't do them today I will do them tomorrow morning, however.

thehighwaymanq
08-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I messaged you! Waiting for numbers!

rp08orbust
08-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I messaged you! Waiting for numbers!

I need your email address to send you the phone numbers, Excel file and Word document.

rp08orbust
08-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Sorry to those who called and didn't reach me--that phone number wasn't forwarding to my cell phone like I intended.

Also, I've given out 7 lists but haven't gotten any back yet. Don't forget to return the Excel file to me when you're done calling and taking notes.

rp08orbust
08-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Unfortunately, I was going to call at 9 am my time, 11 Iowa, and my window is almost closed. That is why I had asked you to send them last night. I have a house full of guests and later in the day is an issue, since people are now up and about, and I have to set up with my cell in the dining room to phone bank -- the only room of the house that gets cell coverage. If I can't do them today I will do them tomorrow morning, however.

Sorry, that phone number wasn't forwarding to my cell phone like I intended so that you could wake me up when you were ready to start calling. Will you have a chance to make phone calls tomorrow?

sailingaway
08-06-2011, 03:51 PM
If you have enough volunteers to need them back let me know, otherwise I'm going to try to fit them, or some, in today if I get a window. For various reasons I can't do it from my office where my desktop is set up, but I can pop online from my office when there is a break in activity. It is harder to take over a main room of the house for phonebanking when the house is full.

rp08orbust
08-06-2011, 04:16 PM
If you have enough volunteers to need them back let me know, otherwise I'm going to try to fit them, or some, in today if I get a window. For various reasons I can't do it from my office where my desktop is set up, but I can pop online from my office when there is a break in activity. It is harder to take over a main room of the house for phonebanking when the house is full.

I do not have enough volunteers.

rp08orbust
08-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Bump.

I just found a guy who has a group from his church attending the straw poll in support of Ron Paul!

rp08orbust
08-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Bump.

A couple got a DVD of Ron Paul's Faith & Freedom Conference speech in the mail and are now leaning toward Ron Paul. I emailed them a YouTube link of the speech and IowaForRonPaul.com .

rp08orbust
08-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Bump

harikaried
08-06-2011, 08:13 PM
It's past 9pm Iowa time, so probably time to stop calling. Around 70 calls today in about 2 hours.

libertybrewcity
08-06-2011, 08:35 PM
does the campaign have a phonebanking system?

cdc482
08-06-2011, 08:48 PM
nice. Get on this people.

rp08orbust
08-06-2011, 08:49 PM
does the campaign have a phonebanking system?

Yep. It sounds like they are still having the phone from home people call random voters to identify supporters though. The phone numbers we're calling in this thread voted for Ron Paul in a robopoll.

rp08orbust
08-07-2011, 12:52 AM
I've made a few edits to gerryb's script, but feel free to use whatever works best for you:

1. If you encounter an answering machine, listen carefully for the name and record it.

2. My opening question is: "Hi, this is _______. I believe you may be leaning toward Ron Paul for president in 2012. Is that correct?" This makes the statement a little easier for them to agree with if they're a soft supporter (which most are) and thus allows the conversation to continue longer.

3. I don't worry about eligibility questions until they express interest in the straw poll.

4. I offer to send them the web address by SMS if it sounds like they might not remember it.

LibertyEagle
08-07-2011, 03:55 AM
Yep. It sounds like they are still having the phone from home people call random voters to identify supporters though. The phone numbers we're calling in this thread voted for Ron Paul in a robopoll.

They aren't "random voters" at all.

thehighwaymanq
08-07-2011, 08:53 AM
How is this going so far? I want to begin calling later on because Iowans are probably at church

davidt!
08-07-2011, 11:47 AM
These robopolled numbers work very well!

AJ187
08-07-2011, 01:03 PM
This sounds like fun....

rp08orbust
08-07-2011, 01:10 PM
They aren't "random voters" at all.

I don't know what they are exactly--do you?

rp08orbust
08-07-2011, 01:11 PM
How is this going so far? I want to begin calling later on because Iowans are probably at church

I'm about to start my calling for today myself. Send me an email when you want more phone numbers.

harikaried
08-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Somehow ran into a Florida resident. But his family back in Iowa all support Ron Paul -- potentially 4 or so votes!

rp08orbust
08-07-2011, 03:25 PM
247 phone numbers have yet to be assigned. Please help!

harikaried
08-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Google Voice shows me at 101 phone calls made since 1pm central for today!

ForLibertyFight
08-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I just finished making 33 calls on rp2012.org and I got 3 commitments.

In total, 8 new votes for RP at the Ames Straw Poll!

harikaried
08-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Up to 146 calls since 1pm central so far!

trey4sports
08-07-2011, 07:26 PM
incredible job guys.

harikaried
08-07-2011, 08:04 PM
It's now past 9pm central. Made 177 calls in the last 8 hours. I'm starving!

gerryb
08-07-2011, 08:18 PM
I just finished making 33 calls on rp2012.org and I got 3 commitments.

In total, 8 new votes for RP at the Ames Straw Poll!

Woop!

sailingaway
08-07-2011, 09:58 PM
rp08orbust, my guests leave tomorrow around 10 pst if you still have calls you need made after noon Iowa time, tomorrow.

muzzled dogg
08-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Emailed yesterday

rp08orbust
08-08-2011, 02:10 PM
There are plenty of phone numbers left to call. I'll be back at my computer by 5pm Central, so if you want phone numbers to call this evening, email me.

trey4sports
08-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Are you still planning on spending the $4000 in your account for Ames robo-polling? If so, do you anticipate the rate of $2 per Identified supporter will continue?

thehighwaymanq
08-08-2011, 02:29 PM
What time is a good time to start calling during weekdays?

harikaried
08-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Probably after work time, so perhaps 6pm central to 9pm. Starting about 2 hours from now.

rp08orbust
08-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Are you still planning on spending the $4000 in your account for Ames robo-polling? If so, do you anticipate the rate of $2 per Identified supporter will continue?

Nope. I haven't gotten enough phonebankers in this thread to be able to handle more phone numbers from robopolls.

Jun says he has as many voter contacts as he can manage, so he won't be buying more. I can't persuade him to let his rp2012.org phonebankers work on my lists and pass ticket sale leads to the campaign because he doesn't trust the campaign to make good use of them. :(

thehighwaymanq
08-08-2011, 05:56 PM
BUMP!

Come on people what else is there to do on a Monday night. Time to call!

thehighwaymanq
08-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Just made ten calls:

-4 no answers
-2 non-supporters
-1 already had ticket
-1 has work, 1 has prior engagement, 1 says its to far

Overall, it is a good introduction to phone-banking and good experience. I had one good conversation regarding the election and the Obama administration and plugged Paul's consistency. I enjoyed myself!

Onto the next 15!

Update:

Out of 15:

9 no-answers
4 supporters, interested in voting but has plans on Saturday, but will look into going
1 non-decided
1 non-supporter

gerryb
08-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Just made ten calls:

-4 no answers
-2 non-supporters
-1 already had ticket
-1 has work, 1 has prior engagement, 1 says its to far

Overall, it is a good introduction to phone-banking and good experience. I had one good conversation regarding the election and the Obama administration and plugged Paul's consistency. I enjoyed myself!

Onto the next 15!

Update:

Out of 15:

9 no-answers
4 supporters, interested in voting but has plans on Saturday, but will look into going
1 non-decided
1 non-supporter

Even though you're not using rp2012.org to phonebank, you should register there and watch the 2 videos for an introduction to phonebanking and phone sales. After watching this training, you may be able to persuade folks who give similar excuses to break their prior engagements and go to the poll. You need to sell them that this is the most important use of their time.

LibertyEagle
08-09-2011, 06:26 AM
up

thehighwaymanq
08-09-2011, 11:13 AM
BUMP. Can we have an update on how this is going!

harikaried
08-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I believe all numbers have been called. Of the 170 phone numbers I've called directly from rp08orbust, 56 were voice mail, so I'll try calling those again later today.

Steve-in-NY
08-09-2011, 11:53 AM
I dont know if this is the place for it, but in my networking I have recently gotten access to some robo-calling myself at a highly discounted rate (as long as its for Ron Pauls campaign).
As it stands, it needs the phone numbers to be called (in a .csv file format), and a .wav file of the message to be played. We are working on a touch tone poll option now, but its presently unavailable.
I dont know how applicable this would be, if anyone can point me in the right direction where it could help Id appreciate it.
More details are available on request.

rp08orbust
08-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I dont know if this is the place for it, but in my networking I have recently gotten access to some robo-calling myself at a highly discounted rate (as long as its for Ron Pauls campaign).
As it stands, it needs the phone numbers to be called (in a .csv file format), and a .wav file of the message to be played. We are working on a touch tone poll option now, but its presently unavailable.
I dont know how applicable this would be, if anyone can point me in the right direction where it could help Id appreciate it.
More details are available on request.

How many cents per minute, and in what increment of time do they charge?

rp08orbust
08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
It's almost 6pm Central. Moar phonebankers please.

ross11988
08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Just got done with about about 20 calls

5 N/A
3 NO
4 Not Sure
4 Yes going to Ames
4 Supporters, but can't make it to Ames.

ForLibertyFight
08-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Just finished calling 50 numbers on rp2012.org.

I was able to get 5 commitments.

In total, that's 10 new votes for RP at the straw poll. :)

Steve-in-NY
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
How many cents per minute, and in what increment of time do they charge?

I was not given a cost per minute, just a cost per call - which was 1 cent/call (price applicable only for Pauls campaign). Continental US. I can get any/all additional info needed pretty quickly so just give me a list and I'll answer as fast as I can. I am completely new to robocalling so I dont know if this is a good rate or unusual thats its by call and not minute, or what... all I know is that the price dramatically dropped when I mentioned it was for Ron Paul.
Let me know if this is good news or helpful and we can take it from there.

trey4sports
08-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Nice, how many more do you have left to be assigned? I might skip the campaign phone-bank and do one of your lists instead if help is still needed tomorrow.

IDefendThePlatform
08-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Bump

rp08orbust
08-10-2011, 06:29 AM
I still haven't heard back from a few people who requested phone lists over the weekend.

However, I've decided to run with the new strategy described at http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=45405 and elsewhere.

With $4,000 in phone number sales to some supporters lined up, I'll use those proceeds for the robocall referred to in that article, which I estimate will generate about 400 new straw poll tickets. The beauty of this strategy is that it requires no phonebanking. The only downside is that it is now in the open and associated with Ron Paul.

Steve-in-NY
08-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Are the rates I was quoted any better than what you are using now? That method would be something that my contact could do. (message with a call back number)

LibertyEagle
08-10-2011, 08:13 AM
I don't know what they are exactly--do you?

Yes. I know what I was told when I asked.

Steve-in-NY
08-10-2011, 03:32 PM
updates?

gerryb
08-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Two days left to make calls!

ForLibertyFight
08-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Just made 61 calls from rp08orbust's list.

23 new Iowans are now voting for Ron Paul at the Ames Straw Poll. :)

gerryb
08-11-2011, 08:38 PM
just made 61 calls from rp08orbust's list.

23 new iowans are now voting for ron paul at the ames straw poll. :)

boom

thehighwaymanq
08-12-2011, 12:03 AM
If tonight's debate energy doesn't push you to make calls tomorrow, then nothing will!

muzzled dogg
08-12-2011, 05:59 AM
how many more phone numbers need to be called?

harikaried
08-12-2011, 10:51 AM
If you've used the rp2012.org platform to make calls before, you can now see an action for
** Champion of the Constitution Prizes 8/11

There'll be more of these as rp08orbust gets more numbers to follow up today and tomorrow.

parocks
08-16-2011, 05:02 PM
I do not have enough volunteers.

This I think was relevant to the outcome.

It appears that robocalling is the most efficient stage one.

Live callers were doing stage one.

There weren't enough live callers doing stage two, because they were still doing stage one - finding Ron Paul supporters.