PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Town Sheep Turn Down 1000 Potential Jobs From Glenn Beck's Apparel Line

AuH20
08-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I wonder if they graze as well? :D

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck-interviews-mayor-of-mayberry-after-city-board-allegedly-blasts-his-politics/

Preliminary research suggests the clothing line could employ up to 1,000 people in the town that has been badly hit since clothing manufacturing jobs moved overseas, the Mount Airy News reported.

But Cochran has experienced pushback from some of the town‘s inhabitants due to Beck’s politics. A source told the Mount Airy News that the city board of commissioners “declined to be publicly involved in supporting this” because of what was described as Beck’s controversial, ultra-conservative leanings.

On the air Friday, Beck said he was perturbed by the board’s grip with his political views.

“I won’t do anything in a city where you are going to make everything about politics. Forget it,” Beck said. “I’m really not interested in working around a bunch of people who might consider job creation a partisan event.”

nobody's_hero
08-05-2011, 07:09 PM
He went from Fox News to making clothes? I never knew that.

2young2vote
08-05-2011, 07:27 PM
He went from Fox News to making clothes? I never knew that.

He is trying to stay relevant. He started some website and is making a "network". The clothing line, as of right now according to him, is just a way to show support and gather funds to help his other ventures. He said on the radio that it may expand if it is successful. I hate his show but i like listening to him on the radio (don't like his co-hosts).

I'm sure he can find plenty of workers in Detroit and Flint.

moderate libertarian
08-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Looks like a sound business decision, it would have made a very damaged brand with too much baggage. I used to watch him pimp Bush's spending policies back in the day.