PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming December 1st

BrianH
11-01-2007, 06:28 PM
After Novemeber 5th proves to be hopefully the largest mass one day donation in US politics- many are looking to see what we can accomplish on Saturday December 1st. There is a proposal for all MeetUps to have rallies in their towns all across America. There's a MySpace page promoting Sign Waving on that day.
See: http://www.myspace.com/ronpaulsignwaving
It seems to me this is good time to start planning something massive for that day, it's a big shopping day for Christmas.

I have lots of ideas but I want to hear from others so I started this thread. My idea to is measure the pulse of sentiment and see what the support is for getting a huge turnout nationwide in every state and every city and many many towns for rallies everywhere.

So here's my intial thought on this:
If our MeetUp is typical -( it's 5-12 people at weekly meetings) many may be feeling they don't have enough members to make a rally with much visual impact. BUT if we came together in the town square or other busy public place and decorated our CARS with liquid chalk on windows, signs and ribbons we could make more of a spectacle.
See: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4596069996639510135

AND we all have partners, family and friends - how to get them involved? Make it festive - celebration of Peace Liberty and Ron Paul - have music, children, competitions for best decorated car, have unusual vehicles - a fire truck, a horse and buggy, a golf cart, a tractor, a bicycle. Have it in the town square and hand out slim jims. Have signs everywhere. Have people sell food, performers- make it a party. And in the afternoon have the decorated vehicles proceed in a slow procession through all the busiest neighborhoods and roads. The beauty of this is that people will decorate their cars with liquid chalk if it is fun and everybody is out there helping in public. AND they may just leave it that way all through December and January to be moving billboards and support the campaign.

And have a tie in with groups nationwide with everyone doing their part to make a huge show to say "we're tired of special interest and secrecy driven government, we want real change, less and more honest and open government". Each town could have their own flavour to include everybody.

Lets have some ideas please- and get a website up soon to rally around this as soon as we're done with a knockout success on Nov 5th!!

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Brian,

I'm modifying ronpaulsrebels.com to include mainly national events such as this. December 1 sounds good to me and your ideas are good too. November 16 and December 14 are also being considered for National Overpass Banner Wave Days.

BrianH
11-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks. i joined up. We need a national meetup group coordination website - this may as well be it. Are there others like it?

walt
11-01-2007, 08:09 PM
After Novemeber 5th proves to be hopefully the largest mass one day donation in US politics- many are looking to see what we can accomplish on Saturday December 1st. There is a proposal for all MeetUps to have rallies in their towns all across America. There's a MySpace page promoting Sign Waving on that day.
See: http://www.myspace.com/ronpaulsignwaving
It seems to me this is good time to start planning something massive for that day, it's a big shopping day for Christmas.

I have lots of ideas but I want to hear from others so I started this thread. My idea to is measure the pulse of sentiment and see what the support is for getting a huge turnout nationwide in every state and every city and many many towns for rallies everywhere.

So here's my intial thought on this:
If our MeetUp is typical -( it's 5-12 people at weekly meetings) many may be feeling they don't have enough members to make a rally with much visual impact. BUT if we came together in the town square or other busy public place and decorated our CARS with liquid chalk on windows, signs and ribbons we could make more of a spectacle.
See: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4596069996639510135

AND we all have partners, family and friends - how to get them involved? Make it festive - celebration of Peace Liberty and Ron Paul - have music, children, competitions for best decorated car, have unusual vehicles - a fire truck, a horse and buggy, a golf cart, a tractor, a bicycle. Have it in the town square and hand out slim jims. Have signs everywhere. Have people sell food, performers- make it a party. And in the afternoon have the decorated vehicles proceed in a slow procession through all the busiest neighborhoods and roads. The beauty of this is that people will decorate their cars with liquid chalk if it is fun and everybody is out there helping in public. AND they may just leave it that way all through December and January to be moving billboards and support the campaign.

And have a tie in with groups nationwide with everyone doing their part to make a huge show to say "we're tired of special interest and secrecy driven government, we want real change, less and more honest and open government". Each town could have their own flavour to include everybody and broaden the perspective of this movement as way out on the fringe!

Lets have some ideas please- and get a website up soon to rally around this as soon as we're done with a knockout success on Nov 5th!!

get a voter

BrianH
11-01-2007, 08:23 PM
get a voter

Well Walt another gem thankyou. I see from your post history this is true to form, including: " nobody on these forums respects forum ediquette. [sic]"

BrianH
11-02-2007, 06:04 AM
Ok - I suppose this post was a bit long, and December 1st is a bit far away. But really it needs forward planning to make a big media event nationwide to kick of the Christmas season with a surge of support for Ron Paul.

If the very large cities had very large rallies and rallies were held in every city in the nation this could be the biggest one day political demonstration in history. Someone suggested MLK's March on Washington to me - that was probably the biggest demonstration we have to top. How many meetups are there? There's Ron Paul Revolution rear view window stencils available here: http://ronpaulsrebels.com/node/1

Perhaps we can come up with another one - emphasing Ron Paul for Liberty and Peace.

Getting commercial vehicles involved could be good - they are so much bigger. " Ron Paul Rally for America" on trucks?

BrianH
11-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Ok so it seems to be pretty quiet in here tonight. And we have an extra hour! So I'll bump this one again and see if anyone wants to brainstorm on Dec 1st or other day in Decemeber to aim to get friends and family involved in a festive fun filled optimistic day of rallying for Ron Paul.

Anyone got thoughts about this tonite?

Naraku
11-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Hold rallies near Wal*Marts and Malls, that will get some attention. Basically any place with a lot of Christmas shoppers being able to see it.

That would be one way of getting attention for it.

TruckinMike
11-03-2007, 08:51 PM
December 16th, 1773 lots of tea was thrown overboard into the Boston harbor...

Do y'all remember that day?.... It was called the Boston Tea Party!!!

The new Money bomb should be on that day without exception. Its all about inspiration. What does Dec the 1st do for you??? Nothing, no feeling what so ever.

Lets have another Boston tea Party! $$$$$

oh Yeah... and how about have a big rally in Boston on that day?

Truckinmike

lasenorita
11-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Just wanted to give you all a heads up that December 1st is also considered "World AIDS Day" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_AIDS_Day).

ETA: A Boston Tea Party would be awesome!

Man from La Mancha
11-03-2007, 10:02 PM
December 16th, 1773 lots of tea was thrown overboard into the Boston harbor...

Do y'all remember that day?.... It was called the Boston Tea Party!!!

The new Money bomb should be on that day without exception. Its all about inspiration. What does Dec the 1st do for you??? Nothing, no feeling what so ever.

oh Yeah... and how about have a big rally in Boston on that day?

Truckinmike I like that and that was 234 yr ago.