PDA

View Full Version : Cornel West and Tavis Smiley refuse to endorse Obama re-election

jmdrake
08-05-2011, 07:04 AM
I disagree with West and Smiley on a lot. But West hits the nail on the head when he says Obama is a puppet of WallStreet. And he's been saying this for some time. He recognizes the problem, he just doesn't understand the solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH7z7LuFHWY

dean.engelhardt
08-05-2011, 07:11 AM
He did threaten to withhold Social Security payments until he got the debt ceiling raised to boot. I can't imagine senior are going to trhow him much support either.

erowe1
08-05-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm sure West means what he says. I think he endorsed Nader last time didn't he?

With Smiley, on the other hand, I'm not so credulous.

VBRonPaulFan
08-05-2011, 08:35 AM
i get really annoyed with people who feel the need to bring color into everything to try to make some point. he said 'of all colors' over and over again for a reason. just saying 'people' implies everyone of all colors.

sofia
08-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Obama is not Marxist enough for these two ass clown sophists.

jmdrake
08-05-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm sure West means what he says. I think he endorsed Nader last time didn't he?

With Smiley, on the other hand, I'm not so credulous.

No. Cornel West endorsed Obama. He introduced Obama when Obama spoke at the Harlem Apollo theater. That's the beauty of this. People that supported Obama are turning against him.

Smiley and West are different in regards to emphasis. Smiley was skeptical of Obama early on because he didn't think Obama really gave a rip about the poor. West was willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt on that, but West was really turned off by the bailout and Obama bringing over the Bush/WallStreet hustler economic team. Neither are Austrian economists by any stretch, but Smiley has consistently given Ron Paul a fair shake on his shows.

jmdrake
08-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Obama is not Marxist enough for these two ass clown sophists.

:rolleyes: Yeah. That's why they both like Ron Paul. Put a sock in it dufus. The congressional black caucus came closer to stopping the bailout than the GOP.

jmdrake
08-05-2011, 09:50 AM
i get really annoyed with people who feel the need to bring color into everything to try to make some point. he said 'of all colors' over and over again for a reason. just saying 'people' implies everyone of all colors.

Are you being serious? Race is all over this thing whether you want to admit it or not. Some folks support Obama only because he's black. The point that needs to be made is that Obama is not acting in anyone's interest. The same point need to be made to white Christians who supported Bush even though he was screwing them over.

ds21089
08-05-2011, 10:03 AM
:rolleyes: Yeah. That's why they both like Ron Paul. Put a sock in it dufus. The congressional black caucus came closer to stopping the bailout than the GOP.

Obviously not too much because they didn't even mention voting for him...

sofia
08-05-2011, 12:41 PM

they "like" Ron Paul only because he bashes the GOP....Let Ron run one on one against Obama and you shall see where the loyaties of these two marxist clowns really lies!

jmdrake
08-05-2011, 02:57 PM
they "like" Ron Paul only because he bashes the GOP....Let Ron run one on one against Obama and you shall see where the loyaties of these two marxist clowns really lies!

You're an idiot. You know that don't you? And I think you actually prefer Ron Paul to lose than to see the base expand.

jmdrake
08-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Obviously not too much because they didn't even mention voting for him...

I like Dennis Kucinich. I'm not going to vote for him.