PDA

View Full Version : MI - Cops surround and kill dog for (as far as I can see) no reason at all

Anti Federalist
08-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Usually with these cases, the cops have some weak sauce ready to ladle out, about how the dog "aggressively advanced" on them and, fearing for their safety, they "had no choice" but to shoot the dog.

In this case, I don't see any of that, or at least it's not being reported.

It looks to me that the dog was running away, the cops surrounded him, shot him, noosed him and dragged him off to get shot two more times.

Either there are some facts missing here or this was just a flat out dog execution by a bunch of asshole cops that were tired of taking calls about this dog.

Dog Shot, Killed By Birmingham Police Officers

Owner Wants To Know Why Police Had To Kill His Dog

POSTED: Tuesday, August 2, 2011
UPDATED: 7:19 pm EDT August 2, 2011

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28744462/detail.html

BIRMINGHAM, Mich. -- The dog's owner said he has no idea why police officers thought it was necessary to gun down his Labrador mix.

Terry Boyle, of Birmingham, said four police officers shot and killed his 5-year-old dog, Buddy, Saturday night. Boyle said he rushed home to hear the horrifying news from neighbors who said they witnessed police officers shoot his dog four times.

"From what I have been told he was not aggressive at all and he tried to get away from officers when all four approached him at the same time," said Boyle.

According to police reports, officers have responded to the home on Bowers Street four times in the past two years -- including once because Buddy had gotten into a fight with a neighbor's dog, and another time because Buddy was on the loose.

This time, police said the dog was off his owner's property and on the attack when shots were fired.

However, neighbors said Buddy was a nice dog that did not cause trouble. Witnesses said that on Saturday night Buddy was on the front porch when officers arrived. When officers approached him, he ran to the side of the house, where he was shot twice, witnesses said.

"A witness saw my dog moving," Boyle said. "He lifted his head and was trying to move still. (Police) put the noose around him and dragged him a couple of feet and then shot him twice more."

Neighbors said they were shocked that Buddy was the target of officers.

"He wasn't a neighborhood pest or a dog that was out all the time, by any means," said Boyle's neighbor Barbara McIntosh. "He was always in the house or in the yard."

Boyle said he wants answers.

"It's unbelievable to me," Boyle said. "My dog has never harmed anyone his entire life."

Police said officers were responding to a complaint that Buddy, in particular, was out on the loose. Police also said Buddy was a Rottweiler mix. Boyle said Buddy was a rescued dog, and if anything he was a Labrador-shepherd mix, not Rottweiler.

NewRightLibertarian
08-04-2011, 08:26 PM
They're murderers who are there to terrorize the citizens. That's why they shot the dog.

Carehn
08-04-2011, 08:32 PM
So is the owner even going to sue them. They went on his property and shot his dog. We need to take the guns away from these cops.

pcosmar
08-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Educating the public as to who the terrorists are.
One at a time.

aGameOfThrones
08-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Hyenas...

http://www.philipjbriggs.com/images/Stories/The%20Year%20Of%2008/PBI_2568-1.jpg

Danke
08-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Mundanes shouldn't own dogs.

jkr
08-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Educating the public as to who the terrorists are.
One DOG at a time.
-fixed that 4u

DamianTV
08-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Many Serial Killers and Mass Murderers start off getting their kicks by abusing animals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy

beat the family dog, and swung neighborhood cats by their tails

The Cops already have no regard for life, period, human or animal. If you ever call the Cops, before you dial that number, think to yourself in the back of your mind that the people you are calling for help may come out and shoot your dog, or you!

Rael
08-05-2011, 04:27 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again...for the safety of your dogs, keep them fenced in or inside the house.

pcosmar
08-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again...for the safety of your dogs, keep them fenced in or inside the house.

Not relevant.
They shoot dogs inside homes and fenced areas. Sometimes even when contained and inside homes.

getch36
08-05-2011, 07:06 AM
This is so sad-that poor dog...............

Rael
08-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Not relevant.
They shoot dogs inside homes and fenced areas. Sometimes even when contained and inside homes.

This particular dog would be alive if he had been kept in the house.

pcosmar
08-05-2011, 07:45 AM
I consider it cruel to keep a dog confined to a house. Especially a large active dog. though I have had a fenced yard in the past, my dogs currently run free, several of these dog shootings have been inside a fenced yard or home.

I have never understood the irrational fear of dogs though. I have seen it often enough, just never understood it.

MikeStanart
08-05-2011, 07:48 AM

Many Jews would still be alive today if they left Germany before the war.

Krugerrand
08-05-2011, 07:52 AM
I consider it cruel to keep a dog confined to a house. Especially a large active dog. though I have had a fenced yard in the past, my dogs currently run free, several of these dog shootings have been inside a fenced yard or home.

I have never understood the irrational fear of dogs though. I have seen it often enough, just never understood it.

The dog shootings have nothing to do with fear of dogs. (except for maybe the call in to the police)

moostraks
08-05-2011, 08:28 AM

I have had dogs kept inside that would climb out windows or learned to open doors. Unless I lived in a fortress with closed and locked windows and automatic locking doors there is always a potential of a dog escaping. To follow this rationale dogs should be kept in crates to achieve maximum safety.

The problem is society's attitude. We shouldn't have to hide our pets and our children to protect them from the state but many of us do because of situations such as this and that is just WRONG that our society has stooped to this level....

Nirvikalpa
08-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Thugs with guns and no IQ.

Anti Federalist
08-05-2011, 10:47 AM

Plenty of dogs have been shot by cops inside homes.

I have a 150 lb. Newfoundland dog.

That is not an "inside" dog.

The solution in the short term may be to keep your dogs contained at all times, the better solution is to get to the point where the appearance of a cop on your property should not automatically result in the worry that a loved one or pet is going to be dead in the next ten minutes.

AFPVet
08-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Plenty of dogs have been shot by cops inside homes.

I have a 150 lb. Newfoundland dog.

That is not an "inside" dog.

The solution in the short term may be to keep your dogs contained at all times, the better solution is to get to the point where the appearance of a cop on your property should not automatically result in the worry that a loved one or pet is going to be dead in the next ten minutes.

Yes, but weren't some of these thugs shooting animals who were pinned up? More places need to follow in the footsteps of that small town that terminated their police force. The sheriff and volunteer deputies are all you need.

Anti Federalist
08-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Ah, here's the weak sauce.

I knew it was coming at some point.

Perfectly justified of course, nothing to see, move along before I thump your head for ya.

http://birmingham.patch.com/articles/police-say-dog-that-was-fatally-shot-saturday-was-aggressive

flightlesskiwi
08-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Ah, here's the weak sauce.

I knew it was coming at some point.

Perfectly justified of course, nothing to see, move along before I thump your head for ya.

http://birmingham.patch.com/articles/police-say-dog-that-was-fatally-shot-saturday-was-aggressive

but officers have the discretion to decide whether their safety is in jeopardy.

“There are levels of force you [if you're a cop] can use to protect yourself[if you're a cop],” he said

for the love of humans and dogs. DO NOT call the police.

josh b
08-05-2011, 12:21 PM
More dead dogs? Holy Lord, we need to stop this doggy genocide.

DamianTV
08-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Dogs are as much of a threat to the Cops as Guns because they can sense the intention to hurt a member of their pack. I swear that they are trying to take away every method that we have of protecting ourselves. They've done away with the Courts and turned into a Mockery of a Justice System, the Prison System is designed to create return business, which makes housing criminals profitable, the Laws are designed to create new criminals out of otherwise ordinary people, they go after the guns, they shoot people for whittling, and they shoot our dogs. They expect us to completely and totally submit to what ever injustice they feel like throwing at us day after day. I swear that they think things are so "good" for them that if they tried to get away with a new Hollocaust, they could get away with it, because no one would fight back. Well, its what they want.

Rael
08-05-2011, 08:55 PM
The problem is society's attitude. We shouldn't have to hide our pets and our children to protect them from the state but many of us do because of situations such as this and that is just WRONG that our society has stooped to this level....

No we shouldn't. I shouldn't have to own firearms to protect myself either; everyone should just be nice and get along. But that's not how the world works.

I have a 120 pound dog and he prefers being inside. I also have a fenced in yard, and sure, he loves going out, but he does not want to be out there alone; he would rather be in the house. Every dog is different, but if your dog really needs space, allow him a decent size fenced in yard. There is nothing "cruel" about keeping a dog confined in a large yard. Even if there were no thug cops about, dogs outdoors can be exposed to getting hit by vehicles, getting shot or poisoned by crazy neighbors, eating poisonous plants, exposure to the elements, etc.