PDA

View Full Version : Nader: ‘Almost 100 percent’ chance of a Democratic primary

sailingaway
08-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Nader: ‘Almost 100 percent’ chance of a Democratic primary

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/04/nader-almost-100-percent-chance-of-a-democratic-primary-challenger-to-obama/#ixzz1U7J7RyiR

Dang.

Oh, and there's this:

Asked whether the Tea Party movement was responsible for an unsavory resolution to debt ceiling negotiations, Nader responded: “It’s not really a movement. It’s the conservative non-libertarian wing of the Republican Party.”

Nader continued: “Ron Paul is a conservative libertarian. These are the conservative corporatists that have decided they like the brand name ‘Tea Party’ because the press reports on every movement of the Tea Party. So they’ve jumped on the bandwagon and hijacked it.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/04/nader-almost-100-percent-chance-of-a-democratic-primary-challenger-to-obama/#ixzz1U7K3ZvTJ

Oukvekpwv
08-04-2011, 08:18 PM
i thought obama said the majority of americans approve of his policies?

Jeremy
08-04-2011, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't call the tea party corporatist while they are anti-bailout. There's not much sense to what Nader said.

QueenB4Liberty
08-04-2011, 08:22 PM
I wish it'd be Hillary. lol

sailingaway
08-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't call the tea party corporatist while they are anti-bailout. There's not much sense to what Nader said.

He's talking about the people who pick Romney and Perry as their first choice yet call themselves 'tea party'.

MJU1983
08-04-2011, 08:40 PM

I don't think so anymore...they seem to be in favor of big government, just not in all areas. Ron Paul doesn't split hairs or compromise his values, beliefs, morals, and principles. Michele Bachmann, chameleon professional politician, does. BTW, I hate how she spells her name.

MJU1983
08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
He's talking about the people who pick Romney and Perry as their first choice yet call themselves 'tea party'.

Don't forget Cain...

edit: wait, DO forget Cain. haha.

truthspeaker
08-04-2011, 08:45 PM
WHAT??? If this is true...

I thought that Nader was committed to the Green Party. I wonder what does Howard Dean have to say...

angelatc
08-04-2011, 08:47 PM
There are a lot of Tea Party people, for example, who wanted more revenues. I think the polls showed that half of them wanted more revenues. And a lot of the Tea Party people want to get out of the wars. But its been hijacked by the corporatists.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/04/nader-almost-100-percent-chance-of-a-democratic-primary-challenger-to-obama/#ixzz1U7Qafrgc

I think that the half of the TEA Party that wants more revenue wants the 50% of us who don't pitch in to actually pay something though, and I don't think that's what Nader has in mind.

jkr
08-04-2011, 09:03 PM
I wish it'd be Hillary. lol

bite your tounge!

i saw a bumpa sticka 2day...

Carehn
08-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Not me. I would like to see nader run. would not mind him as much as obama or romney

specsaregood
08-04-2011, 09:27 PM
I think that the half of the TEA Party that wants more revenue wants the 50% of us who don't pitch in to actually pay something though, and I don't think that's what Nader has in mind.

It might not be what he has in mind; but if just the positions he and Dr. Paul agree upon were enacted upon we wouldn't need nearly as much revenue and we wouldn't have such a huge debt target.

Aratus
08-04-2011, 10:36 PM
i'd suffice with ralph nader in lieu of dennis kucinich! let potus work for it!
by all means let's dispell the notion the nomination is automatically his!!!

PaulConventionWV
08-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Nader: ‘Almost 100 percent’ chance of a Democratic primary

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/04/nader-almost-100-percent-chance-of-a-democratic-primary-challenger-to-obama/#ixzz1U7J7RyiR

Dang.

Oh, and there's this:

LOL! Only Nader would accuse Ron Paul of hijacking the tea party... unbelievable.

eduardo89
08-04-2011, 10:40 PM
LOL! Only Nader would accuse Ron Paul of hijacking the tea party... unbelievable.

I don't think that's what he said...

specsaregood
08-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't think that's what he said...

right, its pretty much the opposite of what he said. although, how it was said was a bit confusing.

Working Poor
08-04-2011, 10:43 PM
I was thinking the other day that I would like to see someone run against Obama in the dem party. He should have to work for it.

specsaregood
08-04-2011, 10:51 PM
I was thinking the other day that I would like to see someone run against Obama in the dem party. He should have to work for it.

unless it is somebody like hillary he still isn't gonna have to do any work for it.

RileyE104
08-04-2011, 10:52 PM
it would be nice if a true anti-war progressive primaried obama, gained some support and then dropped out to support RP... of course, when is the world ever nice? :(

Article V
08-05-2011, 07:54 AM
I was thinking the other day that I would like to see someone run against Obama in the dem party. He should have to work for it.Plus, it would really help us in the general election if Obama had to spend some of that $1 Billion in campaign financing on a primary.

sailingaway
08-05-2011, 07:56 AM
I guess my opinion is different. The real activists in the Dem party might come our way if they don't have one of their own running against Obama. I wanted cross over votes .

acptulsa
08-05-2011, 08:07 AM

Well, in all fairness, there's not much sense to the Tea Party at all. All motion, no direction, impossible to pin down, and used as a label to describe any Republican who is either dissatisfied with neocons or wants to appear disassociated with neocons--in other words, nearly the entire G.O.P.

As for Nader, no there isn't much sense in him praising Ron Paul then trying to primary Obama in what could only be an attempt to short circuit our efforts to draw people into the Republican primary. Because there's nothing else this could be at all.

Yo, Nader. You only fought GM to make a name for yourself. You hijacked your way into the powers that be and now you're just their water boy. How do I know? You just proved it. You're a joke. And a bastard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XjY2m0bAaU

Krugerrand
08-05-2011, 08:26 AM
right, its pretty much the opposite of what he said. although, how it was said was a bit confusing.

Exactly. To this end, Ralph is our friend. He's pointing out that Ron Paul was the original Tea Party, but it has since been hijacked.

Asked whether the Tea Party movement was responsible for an unsavory resolution to debt ceiling negotiations, Nader responded: “It’s not really a movement. It’s the conservative non-libertarian wing of the Republican Party.”
Notice, what is is NOW is non-libertarian.

Nader continued: “Ron Paul is a conservative libertarian. These are the conservative corporatists that have decided they like the brand name ‘Tea Party’ because the press reports on every movement of the Tea Party. So they’ve jumped on the bandwagon and hijacked it.
Ron Paul is outside of what the Tea Party is now. Ron Paul is a conservative libertarian. The Tea Party has been hijacked AWAY from Ron Paul by the conservative corporatists.

“There are a lot of Tea Party people, for example, who wanted more revenues. I think the polls showed that half of them wanted more revenues. And a lot of the Tea Party people want to get out of the wars. But it has been hijacked by the corporatists.”
Follow up to show that the current "Tea Party" people are not what the movement used to be.

It sure is a confusing way to say it ... but that's just the way Nader talks.

jmdrake
08-05-2011, 08:40 AM

Herman Cain is supposedly a Tea Party favorite and he supported the bailout and is against a Fed audit.

Sarah Palin is a Tea Party favorite and she supported the bailout, although her support was less intellectual. (No pun intended.)

There has definitely been some hijacking going on. Tea Partiers who care about a mosque at ground zero and support a shill like Cain don't get it. Tea Partiers who think foreign aid for Israel is required by God don't get it. I'm not sure how many of "them" there are as opposed to "us". I know we've shown up in decent numbers at Tea Party rallies, but we've been quiet. We've "gone along to get along". Now they don't have rallies anymore. At least not here in Nashville.

Working Poor
08-05-2011, 08:44 AM
I still think Obama should have to have a primary. Maybe not with Nader but surely some liberty minded person with a strong following would be awesome for him to have to debate.

Of course I hope he has to debate Ron :)

acptulsa
08-05-2011, 10:20 AM
I still think Obama should have to have a primary. Maybe not with Nader but surely some liberty minded person with a strong following would be awesome for him to have to debate.

Of course I hope he has to debate Ron :)

Bite your tongue. Our best hope is to get crossover votes in the G.O.P. primary. They don't let people vote in both in any state.