PDA

View Full Version : President Obama spends 60% of the Debt Limit increase in a single day

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Wonder why the DOW chose today to drop 512 points?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/3/us-eats-most-debt-limit-one-day/

U.S. debt shot up $239 billion on Tuesday — the largest one-day bump in history — as the government flexed the new borrowing room it earned in this week’s debt-limit increase deal.

The debt subject to the statutory limit shot way past the old cap of $14.294 trillion to hit $14.532 trillion on Tuesday, according to the latest the Treasury Department figures, which are released on the next business day.

That increase puts the government already remarkably close to the new debt limit of $14.694, which means one day’s new borrowing ate up 60 percent of the $400 billion in space Congress granted the president this week.

Read More (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/3/us-eats-most-debt-limit-one-day/)

Sola_Fide
08-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Gunny, don't you understand? Going deeper into debt is the way you get out of debt.

brushfire
08-04-2011, 05:28 PM
http://adorablay.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/big_headed_tiny_dog_chasing_tail_lg_nwm.gif?w=490

Sam I am
08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Wonder why the DOW chose today to drop 512 points?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/3/us-eats-most-debt-limit-one-day/

U.S. debt shot up $239 billion on Tuesday — the largest one-day bump in history — as the government flexed the new borrowing room it earned in this week’s debt-limit increase deal.

The debt subject to the statutory limit shot way past the old cap of $14.294 trillion to hit $14.532 trillion on Tuesday, according to the latest the Treasury Department figures, which are released on the next business day.

That increase puts the government already remarkably close to the new debt limit of $14.694, which means one day’s new borrowing ate up 60 percent of the $400 billion in space Congress granted the president this week.

Read More (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/3/us-eats-most-debt-limit-one-day/)

The reason why they were able to postpone the "deadline" is because of some accounting tricks they did to artificially reduce the debt on paper.. What you're seeing is merely what the debt actually was before the debt ceiling was raised

libertybrewcity
08-04-2011, 09:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tHw0b.gif

NewRightLibertarian
08-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Barry will spend us into the ground. But don't worry, it's 'hope and change' so it's great! Praise the great leader!

LibertyEagle
08-04-2011, 09:20 PM
This is so out of control. Yet, there are a whole lot of Americans who have gone back to sleep. I mean, they seem to think everything is ok now.

NewRightLibertarian
08-04-2011, 09:23 PM
This is so out of control. Yet, there are a whole lot of Americans who have gone back to sleep. I mean, they seem to think everything is ok now.

They're under mind control. It's our responsibility to make sure pandora's box remains wide open and these weak morons are unable to keep in their slumber.

Carehn
08-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Hell ya! Burn baby burn. I think we are winning the war of ideas so lets burn Rome to the ground and then rebuild it.

America is going to get exactly what it deserves and the only downfall is that you wonderful people will get it as well. I feel like a nihilist just saying it but a small part of me wants to see all those people in walmart and on the damn couch watching american shit head one day come to, when it far more then to late. And say to themselfs...

" God damn I am such a retard! Then they can go and try and buy the last rotten potato with the food stamps they have.

Im going to smile just a bit on that day.

libertybrewcity
08-04-2011, 09:44 PM
They're under mind control. It's our responsibility to make sure pandora's box remains wide open and these weak morons are unable to keep in their slumber.

get outta here with that mind control garbage. no ones under mind control. people are just misinformed...geez

jmdrake
08-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Somehow it's all Bush's fault. What the hell did he spend it on?

headhawg7
08-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Gunny, don't you understand? Going deeper into debt is the way you get out of debt.

This is what I thought as well. Apparently it doesn't work. My credit card bills keep going up. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I saw this article by this guy called Paul krugman(?) and he said that if we spent more $$$ to stimulate the economy then that would fix our problems. I tried to translate that to my finances and it doesn't translate very well. I wrote him a letter asking him what I am doing wrong. Maybe this only works when the govt does it?

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-04-2011, 09:58 PM
get outta here with that mind control garbage. no ones under mind control. people are just misinformed...geez

deliberately misinforming people through the media is a kind of mind control

TheViper
08-04-2011, 10:00 PM
This is what I thought as well. Apparently it doesn't work. My credit card bills keep going up. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I saw this article by this guy called Paul krugman(?) and he said that if we spent more $$$ to stimulate the economy then that would fix our problems. I tried to translate that to my finances and it doesn't translate very well. I wrote him a letter asking him what I am doing wrong. Maybe this only works when the govt does it?
Try paying your Visa with your Mastercard.

Carehn
08-04-2011, 10:04 PM
deliberately misinforming people through the media is a kind of mind control

Yep. And you have to let it happen. A person must be willing. Who was that nazi named after a gerbils? He said people will except any lie if its what they want to hear. they see it enough, and the want to believe it.

True stuff that hedgehog spoke.http://www.amazon.com/Goebbels-Diaries-Joseph/dp/0140069321/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312517120&sr=8-1
Don't flag me you pussys. Im not a nazi. Just pointing out that this guy who was invented propaganda as we all know it.

Anti Federalist
08-04-2011, 10:07 PM

There is a mighty engine of corporate/government/media propaganda running 24/7 deliberately misinforming the people.

That is, by definition, "mind control".

headhawg7
08-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Try paying your Visa with your Mastercard.

You know....I think you have something there!!! ;)

LibertyEagle
08-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Hell ya! Burn baby burn. I think we are winning the war of ideas so lets burn Rome to the ground and then rebuild it.

America is going to get exactly what it deserves and the only downfall is that you wonderful people will get it as well. I feel like a nihilist just saying it but a small part of me wants to see all those people in walmart and on the damn couch watching american shit head one day come to, when it far more then to late. And say to themselfs...

" God damn I am such a retard! Then they can go and try and buy the last rotten potato with the food stamps they have.

Im going to smile just a bit on that day.

You want the country to fall? You do realize that if that happens, we will most assuredly get a world currency and lose any hint of sovereignty that we have. If you think it's bad now, imagine how it will be if we have no Constitution whatsoever. Imagine there is no 2nd amendment, etc.

Anti Federalist
08-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Yep. And you have to let it happen. A person must be willing. Who was that nazi named after a gerbils? He said people will except any lie if its what they want to hear. they see it enough, and the want to believe it.

True stuff that hedgehog spoke.http://www.amazon.com/Goebbels-Diaries-Joseph/dp/0140069321/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312517120&sr=8-1
Don't flag me you pussys. Im not a nazi. Just pointing out that this guy who was invented propaganda as we all know it.

LoL - NVM

Carehn
08-04-2011, 10:14 PM
You want the country to fall? You do realize that if that happens, we will most assuredly get a world currency and lose any hint of sovereignty that we have. If you think it's bad now, imagine how it will be if we have no Constitution whatsoever. Imagine there is no 2nd amendment, etc.

I want justice.

It looks like the market is going to give it to me. Life will suck but at least those leaches will die along with the rest of us...

Don't mind me. Im feeling sassy.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-04-2011, 10:15 PM

But most people would never guess that pretty much all major media was lying to them.

LibertyEagle
08-04-2011, 10:16 PM
I want justice.

It looks like the market is going to give it to me. Life will suck but at least those leaches will die along with the rest of us...

Don't mind me. Im feeling sassy.

I understand, but what you are saying is naive; not to mention it makes Ron Paul supporters look like shit.

Carehn
08-04-2011, 10:19 PM
I understand, but what you are saying is naive; not to mention it makes Ron Paul supporters look like shit.

Don't tell anyone i support Ron Paul. I try hard to be upbeat and positive when doing so.

Not to change the subject but your Avatar is so damn cool.

demolama
08-04-2011, 10:23 PM
not surprising...give an alcoholic keys to the bar and he'll do the same thing

LibertyEagle
08-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Don't tell anyone i support Ron Paul. I try hard to be upbeat and positive when doing so.
You are posting on Ron Paul Forums, dude. In case you didn't realize it, the media are all over this forum, not to mention other campaigns and people just checking into Ron Paul.

Not to change the subject but your Avatar is so damn cool.
Thanks.

flightlesskiwi
08-04-2011, 10:32 PM

this times a bazillion.

i'm sure there would be a "world rights charter" or something similarly horrendous.

*vomit*

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Here's the thing, and here's why so many of us are zealous about not looking kooky. No matter what happens we will probably collapse as a nation. Once we do, the race will be on to see who gets to rebuild. The "cleaner" we keep our message, the more reason people will have to be ashamed of themselves for not listening earlier. That will give us a MONUMENTAL head start in the race to rebuild. Sounding crazy (even if the facts are true -- truth is crazier than fiction nowadays) just gives them reason to excuse themselves for not paying attention in the first place.

When this whole shithouse goes up in flames, I want the dummies CRYING because they didn't listen to us. Guilt is a powerful motivator, and that means we get to be the ones to rebuild.

Pericles
08-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Here's the thing, and here's why so many of us are zealous about not looking kooky. No matter what happens we will probably collapse as a nation. Once we do, the race will be on to see who gets to rebuild. The "cleaner" we keep our message, the more reason people will have to be ashamed of themselves for not listening earlier. That will give us a MONUMENTAL head start in the race to rebuild. Sounding crazy (even if the facts are true -- truth is crazier than fiction nowadays) just gives them reason to excuse themselves for not paying attention in the first place.

When this whole shithouse goes up in flames, I want the dummies CRYING because they didn't listen to us. Guilt is a powerful motivator, and that means we get to be the ones to rebuild.

That ^^^

Anti Federalist
08-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Then do we really want RP to win in 2012?

Do we want him at the helm when the ship sinks, regardless of the fact that he did not make the navigation choice that led to ripping the bottom out on the reef?

The idiot mob will assign blame to whoever is in 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. when the end comes.

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 10:44 PM

Do we want him at the helm when the ship sinks, regardless of the fact that he did not make the navigation choice that led to ripping the bottom out on the reef?

The idiot mob will assign blame to whoever is in 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. when the end comes.

If he DOES win, he'll shore up the foundations and we press on. It's really win/win. By him winning POTUS you know he'll be dead straight honest about what we will suffer for 18 months before real recovery. So he can start laying the foundation again.

A Ron Paul victory in this case puts us in the same place but with a whole 4 years head start on rebuilding. Plus, the international community starts respecting the US again so our financial situation gets less bleak.

If he doesn't win, we want to shame the dummies who refused the message. If he does win we'll want their help and understanding as we show them what has to happen. It can even be communicated pretty easily in soundbites. "Rip the bandage off quickly so it hurts less."

So no, I don't think a RP victory would be harmful at all long term.

headhawg7
08-04-2011, 10:45 PM

You are SPOT ON!!!! Whomever resides in the WH will get the blame. With that being said...I still want Paul to win and give it a shot. It may be too late regardless especially depending on who would control congress.

Anti Federalist
08-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Let's hope you are right.

If he DOES win, he'll shore up the foundations and we press on. It's really win/win. By him winning POTUS you know he'll be dead straight honest about what we will suffer for 18 months before real recovery. So he can start laying the foundation again.

A Ron Paul victory in this case puts us in the same place but with a whole 4 years head start on rebuilding. Plus, the international community starts respecting the US again so our financial situation gets less bleak.

If he doesn't win, we want to shame the dummies who refused the message. If he does win we'll want their help and understanding as we show them what has to happen. It can even be communicated pretty easily in soundbites. "Rip the bandage off quickly so it hurts less."

Anti Federalist
08-04-2011, 10:52 PM
You are SPOT ON!!!! Whomever resides in the WH will get the blame. With that being said...I still want Paul to win and give it a shot. It may be too late regardless especially depending on who would control congress.

I really worry about that.

I agree though and still will do everything in my power to help him win, if for no other reason than "virtue is it's own reward".

flightlesskiwi
08-04-2011, 10:58 PM

I agree though and still will do everything in my power to help him win, if for no other reason than "virtue is it's own reward".

i think of it this way, the man has pretty much given his whole life to pursue the principles of liberty. if he gets elected and SHTF, even if he (and by virtue of him, the message of liberty) gets blamed and heck breaks loose and the mobs surround and the statist-globalist-elites "save the day", it would still all be worth it.

if only for this small group of supporters that RP helped to enlighten, i think he would still be satisfied that some of us heard, accepted, clung and attempted to spread the principles of liberty.

PaulConventionWV
08-04-2011, 10:59 PM
And say to themselfs...

" God damn I am such a retard!

LoL... oh, irony.

PaulConventionWV
08-04-2011, 11:04 PM

If not now, then when? Nobody here should even ask that question. Do you really think we have the luxury of being picky about when to get a liberty candidate in office? I mean, really...

jmdrake
08-05-2011, 07:12 AM

That, and if Ron Paul doesn't win, whoever is in the WH won't care about public opinion when the SHTF because he'll have his gestapo/brown shirts out in full force to suppress dissent. I really hate thinking about the future these days. It sucks worse than the present. :(

A Son of Liberty
08-05-2011, 07:30 AM

I agree with this, and tho' I hope Gunny is right, I suspect/am afraid that if build up an unstoppable tsunami that Ron rides into the white house, "they" will deliberately crash it and/or (God-forbid) worse...

erowe1
08-05-2011, 07:44 AM
It's not like it's Obama controlling the purse strings on his own. He's spending money the Congress legislated for him to spend in budgets they passed months ago.

PaulConventionWV
08-05-2011, 08:28 AM
It's not like it's Obama controlling the purse strings on his own. He's spending money the Congress legislated for him to spend in budgets they passed months ago.

You're right. He just controls it along with 12 other people that will always agree with him.

I just realized this thread is fast approaching hot topics...

erowe1
08-05-2011, 08:35 AM
You're right. He just controls it along with 12 other people that will always agree with him.

Could you explain that?

The money the OP is talking about is money that Congress allocated in budgets it passed months ago. Right?