PDA

View Full Version : This is the kind of stupidity that makes me lose grip on hope...

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 03:40 PM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/08/04/1390118/stocks-down-as-economic-european.html

Local paper, the News and Observer (McClatchy) story on today's DOW plunge.

The comments are.....disturbing. :(

It's not the impending depression that scares me. We can survive a depression, it's the comments on the article that scare me. That's the kind of stupid that will keep electing more calamity.

The mass of stupid is about to reach singularity and will soon become a black hole that sucks our whole nation down into a black hole of pure dumb from which not even light can escape.

ghengis86
08-04-2011, 04:14 PM
How do you really feel, Gunny?

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 04:17 PM
LOL a little better, now, that a couple rational people are at the N&O site commenting at least trying to hold back the moron tsunami

civusamericanus
08-04-2011, 04:23 PM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/08/04/1390118/stocks-down-as-economic-european.html

Local paper, the News and Observer (McClatchy) story on today's DOW plunge.

The comments are.....disturbing. :(

It's not the impending depression that scares me. We can survive a depression, it's the comments on the article that scare me. That's the kind of stupid that will keep electing more calamity.

The mass of stupid is about to reach singularity and will soon become a black hole that sucks our whole nation down into a black hole of pure dumb from which not even light can escape.

This about sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnX-D4kkPOQ

flightlesskiwi
08-04-2011, 04:43 PM
i see some pretty decent rebuttals on there. but, yeah, you can't fix stupid.

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 04:47 PM
i see some pretty decent rebuttals on there. but, yeah, you can't fix stupid.

yeah, NOW. The morons were truly dominating when I posted the OP. I spread the cry around the intarwebz in the hope that sane people would at least provide a port in the storm for the poor uneducated who may stumble in.

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 04:50 PM
This about sums it up.

ZOMG beauty!

nobody's_hero
08-04-2011, 04:50 PM
They won't admit defeat, no matter what. The best thing we can do is win and then move on from there, regardless of whether or not any formal surrender is signed on their behalf.

I say that because the Tea Party lost in the vote yesterday, and they're still pinning the blame on the Tea Party.

It'd be one thing if the ceiling increase hadn't passed and they wanted to blame the Tea Party for the stock market's behavior, but the liberals and RINOs got what they wanted and the market is going nuts and they still blame the Tea Party. This logic only makes sense to them, I suppose.

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 05:02 PM
They won't admit defeat, no matter what. The best thing we can do is win and then move on from there, regardless of whether or not any formal surrender is signed on their behalf.

I say that because the Tea Party lost in the vote yesterday, and they're still pinning the blame on the Tea Party.

It'd be one thing if the ceiling increase hadn't passed and they wanted to blame the Tea Party for the stock market's behavior, but the liberals and RINOs got what they wanted and the market is going nuts and they still blame the Tea Party. This logic only makes sense to them, I suppose.

Exactly. That's EXACTLY the aspect of what is going on in the comments that was making my brain ache like a rotten tooth. The Tea Part F'n LOST the vote and they are STILL blaming them. I'm no 'mainstream' Tea Party fan, but W T F ? ! ?

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 05:12 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/3/us-eats-most-debt-limit-one-day/

Obama spent 60% of the Debt Limit increase in a single day...

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 06:15 PM
LOL wow, between the Erskine Bowles comment and the Washington Times link, that brought debate on the story to a screeeeeching halt LMAO!

“We’ve earned the threat of a downgrade. If we don’t make significant changes in the way we operate; if we don’t cut spending on entitlements, if we don’t make real cuts in defense spending, if we don’t reform the tax code, then we are definitely on our way to becoming a second rate world power.”

Erskine Bowles, Telephone Interview, 8/3/2011 Co-chairman of President Obama’s Debt & Deficit Commission; former Chief of Staff to President Clinton and President of the UNC System

Bowles is a very well-beloved Blue-Dog Democrat around these parts. It had to make them cry to hear our words (the ones they were railing against) coming from a favored Dem high on Obama's fiscal policy staff...

Lafayette
08-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Yeah, the stupid is thick over there. So is the partisan bull shit.

"Its Obama's fault!"
"No its you reckless tea partiers!"
"The Tea Party and (insert Palin, Perry, Cain, Bachman, and the rest) is the only one who can save us"

we are so fucked...

Travlyr
08-04-2011, 06:19 PM
LOL wow, between the Erskine Bowles comment and the Washington Times link, that brought debate on the story to a screeeeeching halt LMAO!

Bowles is a very well-beloved Blue-Dog Democrat around these parts. It had to make them cry to hear our words (the ones they were railing against) coming from a favored Dem high on Obama's fiscal policy staff...

Awesome!

flightlesskiwi
08-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Yeah, the stupid is thick over there. So is the partisan bull shit.

"Its Obama's fault!"
"No its you reckless tea partiers!"
"The Tea Party and (insert Palin, Perry, Cain, Bachman, and the rest) is the only one who can save us"

we are so fucked...

noticed that, too. you're assessment is right on.

watching Judge talk to Juan Williams about the total lack of debate in this country.

lack of honest debate?? how the f*** can one honestly debate when logic is (for the most part) dead??

Pericles
08-04-2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/3/us-eats-most-debt-limit-one-day/

Obama spent 60% of the Debt Limit increase in a single day...

Impressive feat, yes?

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Impressive feat, yes?

Truly amazing. And even if we do go with the interpretation that all this debt was built up from before and just applied yesterday, that's still 60% of the way to a new ceiling (that was supposed to last a year and a half) in just one month.

DamianTV
08-05-2011, 01:26 AM
This about sums it up.

Dumping money in the money hole is Tradition! Kind of like Gold isnt Money, its there for Tradition, like Thanksgiving! (Bernake Lying Idiot Statement)

oyarde
08-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Impressive feat, yes?

I figured he would top that !

acptulsa
08-05-2011, 10:11 AM

It makes perfect sense as long as people will swallow what they say without thinking critically about what utter crap it is. They intended this from the start--which is why they called this a Tea Party victory from the moment it passed.

Time to deny any connection with tea in any form, unfortunately. They've perverted the term in a way they can never pervert 'libertarianism'.

lack of honest debate?? how the f*** can one honestly debate when logic is (for the most part) dead??

+rep. Guess we'll just have to perform a miracle and resurrect it under some other name. How about good old fashioned horse sense?

libertybrewcity
08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/2769992028_5ee5bf79d6.jpg

acptulsa
08-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Neighbor: Can I borrow seven dollars?

Why?

Neighbor: I need to get a bus pass to go somewhere tomorrow.

Why not just pay the fare?

Neighbor: Each ride is cheaper with a bus pass.

You can't get a bus pass tomorrow. Are you going to pay the fare to go get a pass today? How much is the discount.

Neighbor: No, so-and-so is going to take me. I gave her ten dollars for gas.

This is what we're up against, folks. And the worst thing of all is, this is a true story.

Vessol
08-05-2011, 01:17 PM
The best decision I ever made on the internet was the decision to never read the comments section of any article or video on any site. This has served me and my sanity quite well.

flightlesskiwi
08-05-2011, 01:38 PM
The best decision I ever made on the internet was the decision to never read the comments section of any article or video on any site. This has served me and my sanity quite well.

but you are missing out on the "fun" part of insanity!!! :D

TheeJoeGlass
08-05-2011, 03:33 PM
we are so fucked...

We have known that for some time now. The question remains, which hole.