PDA

View Full Version : banner on a cruise ship

McDermit
11-01-2007, 04:21 PM
We're sailing out of Miami on Saturday.

I have a huuuuuge banner that we're going to tie off our balconies. (Travelling in a group - we have 4 adjoining balcony rooms, and thus plenty of room for an enormous banner.)

We probably won't be able to get a pic in Miami, but hopefully once we hit the isands we'll be able to get a picture of it while we're off the ship. :D

We're also taking some mosaic flyers and liberty cards in case opportunities present themselves.

(The ex's little step-sisters yelled at her and said they made a rule - no Ron Paul on the cruise. That was funny. They kept protesting as she was packing the banner and lit up, but then she pulled the "wait, who's paying for the trip again?"card. That trumps all... so the Ron Pauliness shall go on!)

terlinguatx
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM

steph3n
11-01-2007, 04:38 PM
McDermit, tell me when you are heading out, and is it from the Port of Miami? If you have an approx time i can be on the Causeway!

freelance
11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
VERY creative! Have a great cruise.

McDermit
11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
McDermit, tell me when you are heading out, and is it from the Port of Miami? If you have an approx time i can be on the Causeway!

Yeah, Port of Miami. Disembarks at 4pm on Sat. Boarding at 1pm.

I can't take credit for the idea though, someone else had suggested it a while back. I just passed it on the the ex who decided to run with it. I just hope it will be big enough to be seen from a distance. We could only do 2 and a half foot letters. (Our Lowes only has 3ft tyvek.)

haha, I'm pretty sure we'll get yelled at to take it down, but we want to leave it up while we're in port for as long as we can. :D

fingers crossed that we don't get cancelled due to the storms that are brewing. there's some sort of "extra tropical storm" or something heading for the carribean.

NinjaPirate
11-01-2007, 04:59 PM
A Ron Paul banner in Miami?? Good luck with that, 1/2 the population there are illegal aliens, heh. :p

Btw, you're efforts are commendable! I used to live there, and I swear it's like living in Cuba.

McDermit
11-01-2007, 05:05 PM
A Ron Paul banner in Miami?? Good luck with that, 1/2 the population there are illegal aliens, heh. :p

Btw, you're efforts are commendable! I used to live there, and I swear it's like living in Cuba.

haha, most of the people at the port aren't though. :p

lastnymleft
11-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Can you clarify yet which side you will be able to hang it from? Port or starboard? Is it the docking side?

McDermit
11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Can you clarify yet which side you will be able to hang it from? Port or starboard? Is it the docking side?

I'm not entirely sure, I'll have to see if the ex knows. I don't even have our stateroom numbers.

Pedro TT
11-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I know of a few good places to put cameras to film this but you ahve to make sure that you are on the port side!

thehittgirl
11-01-2007, 05:43 PM

I have a huuuuuge banner that we're going to tie off our balconies. (Travelling in a group - we have 4 adjoining balcony rooms, and thus plenty of room for an enormous banner.)

We probably won't be able to get a pic in Miami, but hopefully once we hit the isands we'll be able to get a picture of it while we're off the ship. :D

We're also taking some mosaic flyers and liberty cards in case opportunities present themselves.

(The ex's little step-sisters yelled at her and said they made a rule - no Ron Paul on the cruise. That was funny. They kept protesting as she was packing the banner and lit up, but then she pulled the "wait, who's paying for the trip again?"card. That trumps all... so the Ron Pauliness shall go on!)

Cool! I hope you have a great time. I wish I had thought of that with my September cruise.

quickmike
11-01-2007, 06:05 PM

Might help get the dolphin vote:D

A few great whites might be interested as well.

NinjaPirate
11-01-2007, 06:06 PM
haha, most of the people at the port aren't though. :p

Good call. :D

CJLauderdale4
11-01-2007, 06:09 PM
steph beat me to it...
being in FTL, I was going to offer some photographic services as well...

steph3n
11-01-2007, 06:11 PM
steph beat me to it...
being in FTL, I was going to offer some photographic services as well...

I don't have a good camera, if we can get confirmation it would be cool to get some high quality pics.

quickmike
11-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh, I almost forgot...............

Make sure you give a big stack of slim jims to the bartender Isaac. Hes good with the ladies and im sure he would get alot of them to check out Ron.

http://www.davidemaggio.it/images/tedlange.jpg

McDermit
11-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Oh, I almost forgot...............

Make sure you give a big stack of slim jims to the bartender Isaac. Hes good with the ladies and im sure he would get alot of them to check out Ron.

http://www.davidemaggio.it/images/tedlange.jpg

haha.

Love, exciting and new... come aboard, we're expecting you. :p

Ahhhh, does anyone know how to figure out whether we'd be on the port side?
NCL Sun, Fiord Deck, the side with cabin numbers 90xx. lol.

pcosmar
11-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Do you stop in Key West? They need to hear the message.

I used to build the Conch Trains.

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Looked up a plan of your ship-you are on the port side, pretty high up on the ship.

quickmike
11-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Imagine how cool it would be to get hundreds of little bottles and put Ron Paul cards inside them and chuck them into the ocean. People all over the world would be finding them.

Of course, as soon as they found a dead baby seal washed up on shore somewhere with a Ron Paul bottle stuck in its throat, the PETA people would have a shit fit.

Nevermind............ bad idea.