PDA

View Full Version : PPP - Vermont GOP Presidential Primary Poll

tsai3904
08-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Vermont (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/08/primary-challenger-to-obama.html)
7/28 - 7/31
366 usual Republican primary voters
+/-5.1%

With Palin:

Romney 26%
Bachmann 16%
Palin 16%
Perry 10%
Cain 9%
Paul 7%
Gingrich 6%
Huntsman 3%
Pawlenty 1%

Without Palin:

Romney 29%
Bachmann 21%
Perry 11%
Cain 10%
Gingrich 9%
Paul 8%
Pawlenty 2%
Huntsman 1%

Ron Paul Crosstabs With Palin (Without Palin):

18 to 29 - 14% (14%)
30 to 45 - 4% (4%)
46 to 65 - 8% (8%)
Older than 65 - 5% (8%)

Man 8% (9%)
Woman 4% (6%)

sailingaway
08-04-2011, 11:03 AM
I expected better there. Do you know what Ron's numbers were last time Vermont was polled?

tsai3904
08-04-2011, 11:14 AM
I expected better there. Do you know what Ron's numbers were last time Vermont was polled?

This is their first Vermont poll this election cycle.

ItsTime
08-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Vermont is at the end of the primaries anyway.

tsai3904
08-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Vermont is at the end of the primaries anyway.

It seems like Vermont will be voting on March 6, Super Tuesday.

sailingaway
08-04-2011, 11:36 AM
ppp is weird this cycle. They absolutely are resisting polling Ron head to head against Obama even when he was clearly ahead of others they were polling. And their primary poll of Texas was ONLY of GOP even though there are open primaries in Texas, and hence a much larger percentage than usual of independents. They are an admitted Dem polling company and they are the ones who figured out how well Ron polls with independents. I believe 1) some of our folks pissed them off in some of the comments and 2) they are protecting Obama. I think they are using such 'supportable' polling tactics as they are able to marginalize Ron. Such as the GOP only polling in Texas.

KingRobbStark
08-04-2011, 11:46 AM
These are horrible numbers. Once we get involved they will change.

ItsTime
08-04-2011, 11:50 AM
It seems like Vermont will be voting on March 6, Super Tuesday.

Oh must have changed or I must have remembered wrong.

invisible
08-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I think they are using such 'supportable' polling tactics as they are able to marginalize Ron. Such as the GOP only polling in Texas.

And continuing to include undeclared "candidates". Someone else (correctly) observed in another thread that the only real purpose of this is to attempt to keep Ron out of his rightful place in the top 3. Ron's chances must be much better than we think, it's becoming more and more obvious that both parties are very afraid of him.

Zarn Solen
08-04-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't think Vermont is even close to the fiscal conservatism of New Hampshire. Vermont of old is dead. It's as liberal as you can get.

At least NJ (where I reside) and PA are showing some pushes for fiscal conservatism.

RonPaul101.com
08-04-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't think Vermont is even close to the fiscal conservatism of New Hampshire. Vermont of old is dead. It's as liberal as you can get.

At least NJ (where I reside) and PA are showing some pushes for fiscal conservatism.

Plus with 360 some folks in the poll its hard to consider it very accurate.

libertybrewcity
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
i know you're all sick of hearing people say "it's early", but it really is early. Who knows who will drop out after the straw poll. who knows what will happen in the next few months. Things could be totally different. All I know is that our support probably won't go down. If people are talking, going door to door, and calling, we should inch up and up.

boneyard bill
08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Actually, Ron Paul isn't a whole lot worse here than in other states where he hasn't campaigned or advertised. What seems striking to me is the really, really abysmal showing of Tim Pawlenty. He doesn't appear to be catching on anywhere. Can his heavy advertising and efficient organization in Iowa save him? He just pulled some ads for the end of the campaign because he needs the money for his buses and entry fees. I think he's the best bet to finish third in the straw poll.

RonPaul101.com
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Actually, Ron Paul isn't a whole lot worse here than in other states where he hasn't campaigned or advertised. What seems striking to me is the really, really abysmal showing of Tim Pawlenty. He doesn't appear to be catching on anywhere. Can his heavy advertising and efficient organization in Iowa save him? He just pulled some ads for the end of the campaign because he needs the money for his buses and entry fees. I think he's the best bet to finish third in the straw poll.

So Pawlenty is seemingly going broke already? A weak showing for him at Ames could be a push out of the race, as it should be.

Zarn Solen
08-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I didn't even notice that. I'm just saying VT ain't what it used to be.

LatinsforPaul
08-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Remember, Vermont is an Open Primary (http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/VT-R) State where you will see many Independents and even some Democrats vote for Dr. Paul in the Republican Primary. These voters ar NOT being captured in these "usual Republican primary voters" polls.

parocks
08-04-2011, 03:39 PM
I would think that in Vermont, with an open primary, Ron Paul would do well appealing to indies and dems with end wars and states rights on marijuana.