PDA

View Full Version : 'Marijuana plant' Mayor, 84, fires entire police department

PeacePlan
08-04-2011, 09:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kinr_L8xPEE

pcosmar
08-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Good. Needs to happen more often.
The Sheriff, is the only authorized LEO in the country.

Every little podunk town doesn't need a bunch of enforcers.

Krugerrand
08-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Nice! I guess they can always get a job as .... well, I'm just not sure what their services are good for.

aGameOfThrones
08-04-2011, 09:41 AM
A "Thankless job" says one of the former officers.

pcosmar
08-04-2011, 09:42 AM
well, I'm just not sure what their services are good for.

Protection racket. Organized crime. They have experience.

Krugerrand
08-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Good. Needs to happen more often.
The Sheriff, is the only authorized LEO in the country.

Every little podunk town doesn't need a bunch of enforcers.

Even larger cities. The meter maids don't carry guns. The building inspector doesn't carry a gun. A case could be made for traffic coordinators with emergency response duties ... that doesn't require a gun.

pcosmar
08-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Even larger cities. The meter maids don't carry guns. The building inspector doesn't carry a gun. A case could be made for traffic coordinators with emergency response duties ... that doesn't require a gun.

Those are needed?
Couldn't they be better handled by local citizens? Neighborhood watch?

Responsible people???

bwlibertyman
08-04-2011, 09:55 AM
I agree. Our county sheriff just asked for a couple more jail officers and regular drive around officers. He cited that the state is mandating that they take on more duties so he needs more help. I always think of the oath keepers and what's wrong with not following some laws or making due. I guess I wouldn't be upset if I didn't have to pay for it.

Krugerrand
08-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Those are needed?
Couldn't they be better handled by local citizens? Neighborhood watch?

Responsible people???

I wouldn't call them "needed." I'm just pointing out that must of the "duties" associated with policeman have absolutely no need to be carried out by armed personnel.

Wesker1982
08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
lol if that was anyone else's yard there would have been a raid at 2am, probably with some dead dogs

aGameOfThrones
08-04-2011, 10:07 AM
lol if that was anyone else's yard there would have been a raid at 2am, probably with some dead dogs

It happened to a Mayor in Maryland.

MJU1983
08-04-2011, 10:18 AM
1 down, MANY thousands to go...

AFPVet
08-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't call them "needed." I'm just pointing out that must of the "duties" associated with policeman have absolutely no need to be carried out by armed personnel.

Still though, they have a right to self defense just like everyone else; however, they should not be allowed to do anything with a firearm that a private citizen cannot do.

Anti Federalist
08-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Still though, they have a right to self defense just like everyone else; however, they should not be allowed to do anything with a firearm that a private citizen cannot do.

That ^^^

No special rights, no special privileges, just the same that the rest of us mundanes have to live with.

specsaregood
08-04-2011, 12:26 PM
This thread makes me smile, broadly.

Texan4Life
08-04-2011, 01:16 PM
same thing happened a few weeks ago in a texas town whole police dept. fired.. trying to remember the name of the town.

media tried spinning it as "the wild west" but later admitted the county sheriff dept handles all calls until they hire some more officers.

nobody's_hero
08-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Could be a chance for a libertarian experiment here.

DamianTV
08-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Nice! I guess they can always get a job as .... well, I'm just not sure what their services are good for.

Day care! No, wait, I dont really want to pay anyone to beat my children.

Carehn
08-04-2011, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M&feature=player_detailpage

Freedom 4 all
08-04-2011, 07:04 PM
A "Thankless job" says one of the former officers.

If no one thanks you for doing it, that might let you know exactly what kind of job you have. Those who do jobs that actually involve providing some kind of service to others (doctors, nurses, teachers, hairdressers, waitresses etc.) get thanked all the time. Those who do jobs that involve hurting people (cops, organized crime, muggers) generally do not.