PDA

View Full Version : Colbert facebook group has 1.34 milion members

nbhadja
11-01-2007, 03:42 PM
And most of them are geniuses for seeing the government corruption but know nothing about Ron Paul except that he is "insane" cause the media told them. There, better?? lol
Time for me to post the classic

"He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year."

on it.

ItsTime
11-01-2007, 03:43 PM
have fun

nbhadja
11-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Haha they are getting 2-3 comments a minute with outrage that Colbert can't be on the ballot. They actually think he can win lol.

yongrel
Make sure to re-arrange the order of the sentence when you post multiple times.

Otherwise, facebook will shut you down for repeat posts.

I posted the same thing on all of the Rudy and Romney groups a while back, and they shut me down for a month

terlinguatx

margomaps
11-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Fascinating fact: if you're nice to them, some of them might come around to our side and vote for Paul. Be creative. Be nice. Posting that list of "He has never..." might not do much good. Most of his audience will start ignoring or screaming at you the moment you talk about guns.

Drknows
11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Fascinating fact: if you're nice to them, some of them might come around to our side and vote for Paul. Be creative. Be nice. Posting that list of "Ron Paul has never..." might not do much good. Most of his audience will start ignoring or screaming at you the moment you talk about guns.

+1 Yeah dont be annoying nobody likes reading that.

nbhadja
11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
I give up, you post something and you refresh and its buried pages below. So many people are on it.

Stealth4
11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Fascinating fact: if you're nice to them, some of them might come around to our side and vote for Paul. Be creative. Be nice. Posting that list of "He has never..." might not do much good. Most of his audience will start ignoring or screaming at you the moment you talk about guns.

Concur - do be creative/funny/friendly

lasenorita
11-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Divide et impera. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule)

TheIndependent
11-01-2007, 03:57 PM
This is a great opportunity to take advantage of disaffected voters, as long as you do it in a slightly comical, friendly, fact-oriented manner.

conner_condor
11-01-2007, 03:58 PM
And most of them are clueless idiots who know nothing about Ron Paul except that he is "insane" cause the media told them.
Time for me to post the classic

"He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year."

on it.

I wouldn't call his supporters idiots. If they see Ron Paul supporters calling them idiots, we could loose alot of votes when and if they decide to pick a candidate.
1.3 millions is alot of now undecided for a new candidate..

nbhadja
11-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I will try again in a couple of days when they are over their shock about how Colbert was robbed of his guaranteed spot in the white house.

nbhadja
11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I didn't call them idiots on their group though, just over here. I was nice to them.

Tenbatsu
11-01-2007, 04:02 PM
They are not idiots. They believe that the political situation in the United States is a joke. With the front runners being Hillary and Rudy can you blame them?

Also, I am guessing here, but I would say 50-60% of them do not know who Ron Paul is or what he stands for. We could really use their support so be nice and try to work with them. We need as many allies as possible in this fight, and 1.4 million people would be an great addition to our army.

conner_condor
11-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Maybe start a good colbert thread here on how they screwed him over and lure some here in that manner. Positive remarks about colbert..;)

nbhadja
11-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Or a thread about ballot reform that RP favors...o the irony. It would be very appealing.

Jordan
11-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Colbert should say that he wants his supporters to vote RP. That would be a major win.

JimDude
11-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Ya, and Colbert isnt even that funny.

Shink
11-01-2007, 05:27 PM
The way to do it is to have a big general Ron Paul thread asking for their opinions of RP and have people help reply/bump it. Ask for help in the "Congressman Ron Paul for President 2008" group.

qsecofr
11-01-2007, 06:01 PM
This may be a perfect time to coordinate a mass attempt to get the November 5th into their collective consciousness.

You don't even have to mention RP up front instead stress how on November 5th, fifteen thousand Americans plan to send a powerful message to Washington that everything is not all right and that they can be a part of it.

Might get a few, even a couple thousand would be fine :D