PDA

View Full Version : A small spot of hope

Eleventh Star
08-03-2011, 05:28 PM
http://jonathan-cunningham.tumblr.com/post/8425896658

“We’ve got the drones, we’ve got military tribunals, we’re bombing Libya- people who voted for Obama got 4 more years of Bush.”

In a rare moment of honesty, Bill Kristol admits that Obama is, “a born-again neocon”. Why should Obama’s base continue to vote for him if he espouses the same policies that left us outraged from 2000-2004? I won’t be voting for Obama again.

A friend of mine on Tumblr whose usual political content is cheering for the democrats reblogged this. If one person's writing it, more have to be thinking it. Despite that, it's still amazing to see how many comments are justifying said actions or blaming the Tea Party or Republicans for it.

moonshineplease
08-03-2011, 05:49 PM
http://jonathan-cunningham.tumblr.com/post/8425896658

A friend of mine on Tumblr whose usual political content is cheering for the democrats reblogged this. If one person's writing it, more have to be thinking it. Despite that, it's still amazing to see how many comments are justifying said actions or blaming the Tea Party or Republicans for it.

Kristol said something similar a few months back when praising Obama's policy decisions in another column. As usual, nothing but crickets from left.

Seraphim
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
80-85% of human beings are cowards when it's time to man/woman up. Crickets indeed.

Kristol said something similar a few months back when praising Obama's policy decisions in another column. As usual, nothing but crickets from the left.

bkreigh
08-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I got a couple texts from my buddy yesterday. I think this debt deal was the straw that broke that camels back.

Text 1 - "Spent the day smacking democrats and obamacrats around. Fuck the party"

I asked why he was smacking democrats around

Text 2 - "For supporting this shit and standing by this joke of a President and the majority of the party."

Texts 3-6 - Obama, Reid and others were out running around talking about how big of a victory this is. I was pissed. Liberals and other leftists like me need to thrid party and end this shit. This deal waas exactly what the neocons wanted. Obama compromised to his own 5 yard line and let the GOP run it in. And we supposed to be grateful and worship him as a great leader. I have at least 10 friends within the local party that quit today. I emailed my resignation from the local party committee Hopefully it spreads an we can get some third party support going into next year."

I have been working him since the beginning of the last election and i think he is coming around. We chat about all the things we agree on and bitching about the parties we both are registered with.