PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Host, Guest Consider Whether Tea Partiers Are Addicts, 'Delusional'

mconder
08-03-2011, 04:48 PM
MSNBC host Martin Bashir interviewed Stanton Peele, a psychologist and an "expert on addiction," this afternoon. Bashir urged Peele to psychologically evaluate supporters of the Tea Party. "It reminds us of addiction because addicts are seeking something that they can't have," Peele said. "They want a state of happiness or nirvana that can't be achieved except through an artificial substance and reminds us of the Norway situation, when people are thwarted at obtaining something they can't, have they often strike out and Norway is one kind of example to one kind of reaction to that kind of a frustration."

Bashir later asked: "So you're saying that they are delusional about the past and adamant about the future?"

"They are adamant about achieving something that's unachievable, which reminds us of a couple of things. It reminds us of delusion and psychosis," Peele responded.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/msnbc-host-guest-call-tea-partiers-addicts-delusional_581987.html

NewRightLibertarian
08-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Subversives will be rounded up soon by the government terrorists who are desperate to maintain their bankrupt empire.

Lucille
08-03-2011, 05:13 PM
There are none so delusional as those who believe this disgustingly wasteful and massive Ponzi Govt is sustainable.

I welcome anyone’s proposed “solutions” to the ongoing growth of government, and I wish all such proposals success, however much I doubt the likelihood of their success. I do not believe, though, that a substantial prospect of success is necessary to justify one’s efforts in resisting the ongoing growth of what is at bottom a gigantic criminal enterprise. To resist its further growth is simply the decent thing to do, regardless of whether one expects to succeed.

And even those who believe, as I do, that the chances of success in such efforts are extremely small can take heart from the knowledge that ultimately this criminal enterprise will attain such bloated size and scope that its own survival will no longer be possible, and it will implode, as the Soviet Union and other similarly overreaching politico-economic orders have imploded. Governments that grow and grow ultimately find that their predation becomes greater than their prey can support, at which point such predators are doomed. Thus, the present system of government in this country and many others contains the seeds of its own destruction (http://blog.independent.org/2009/11/02/can-the-rampaging-leviathan-be-stopped-or-slowed/), even if those of us who abhor it cannot stop or slow its continued growth in the near term.

anaconda
08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Founding Fathers were delusional I guess.

nobody's_hero
08-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Yeah, kind of hard to say it's unachievable since we already did it 200+ years ago.

I wonder what he thinks about the debt-addiction.

anaconda
08-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah, kind of hard to say it's unachievable since we already did it 200+ years ago.

I wonder what he thinks about the debt-addiction.

HA! Great comments!

AuH20
08-03-2011, 05:43 PM
These pricks are aghast that we've turned our hats backwards, rolled up our sleeves and proceeded to do the heavy lifting to end their reign. It's beautiful to witness how intimidated they are and how they're crying to the state to do something.

specsaregood
08-03-2011, 05:45 PM
I know you are but what am I.

Seraphim
08-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah exactly. They are getting very scared. The resentment and anger are over - the fear has begun.

People make MISTAKES when they are scared. ;)

These pricks are aghast that we've turned our hats backwards, rolled up our sleeves and proceeded to do the heavy lifting to end their reign. It's beautiful to witness how intimidated they are and how they're crying to the state to do something.

Philhelm
08-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I find little more repugnant than when so-called psychologists are used to "validate" a political position. Psychologists don't have any authority to rate the minds of others. Bottom line.

Sola_Fide
08-03-2011, 06:09 PM
What kind of mental gymnastics do these people go through when they ponder that there actually was a period of time in America before 1913?

acptulsa
08-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Delusional, addicted terrorists.

And why can't we have these things, pray tell? Could it be because we no longer live in a republic? I can't think of any other explanation. Otherwise, if we can scrounge the votes we can have the government that will do our bidding...

They're fearmongering again, folks. And this time the boogeymen are a little closer than Iraq. Like, look in the mirror right now. Skeered yet?

DamianTV
08-03-2011, 06:35 PM
We are addicted to Liberty and Freedom from Government Tyranny, and this asshat considers that to be a BAD Thing.

Our Congress and entire Government are addicted to a drug called Spenditol and this asshat thinks that is a GOOD Thing.

So, Mr. Stanton Peele, who is Delusional and suffering from Psychosis?

Philhelm
08-03-2011, 06:45 PM
We are addicted to Liberty and Freedom from Government Tyranny, and this asshat considers that to be a BAD Thing.

Our Congress and entire Government are addicted to a drug called Spenditol and this asshat thinks that is a GOOD Thing.

So, Mr. Stanton Peele, who is Delusional and suffering from Psychosis?

Addicted to liberty and freedom? More like deprived of it.

DamianTV
08-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Addicted to liberty and freedom? More like deprived of it.

True. But that would be the whack shrinks point of view. We didnt have this kind of shit even 10 years ago, so I guess we are all suffering from Withdraw Symptoms of Liberty and Freedom.

Philhelm
08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
True. But that would be the whack shrinks point of view. We didnt have this kind of shit even 10 years ago, so I guess we are all suffering from Withdraw Symptoms of Liberty and Freedom.

Definitely withdrawal...I'll suck **** for freedom! lol

thehighwaymanq
08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
I love the media! <3.

GREAT JOB MSNBC!

enjerth
08-03-2011, 07:37 PM
I find little more repugnant than when so-called psychologists are used to "validate" a political position. Psychologists don't have any authority to rate the minds of others. Bottom line.

Maybe he also holds a degree in political science? *shrug*

TheNcredibleEgg
08-03-2011, 07:39 PM
This is what happens when the majority of the people are insane.

Suddenly the sane people are considered insane.

PaulConventionWV
08-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Psychology is such a BS field. Its only use is to reinforce the stereotypes that allow for government controlled health, law, and whatever else you can think of. It allows them to classify people as not mentally fit to mix with society. Psychology and sociology are tools for the state. What's worse is when people think they have knowledge when they learn how to classify people themselves in such a manner. That's where we get things like the "gay rights movement" and all their theories about repressed sexuality that are supposed to illegitimize the opposition by analysis throught state-colored glasses. Yes, I was calling out all of the liberal gay rights activists on this board who think they can determine a person's sexuality by their behavior and apply that to almost anyone who opposes the morality of homosexuality.

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-03-2011, 08:16 PM
That goof Bashir actually has his own show now? Things are worse over there than I thought.

HOLLYWOOD
08-03-2011, 08:23 PM
I have a Liberty Fever and the only prescription, is more Cow Bell.

speciallyblend
08-03-2011, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHP6U5vQ3mU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHP6U5vQ3mU

speciallyblend
08-03-2011, 08:50 PM
I have a Liberty Fever and the only prescription, is more Cow Bell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOHY7Z5eaQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOHY7Z5eaQ

White Bear Lake
08-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I have a Liberty Fever and the only prescription, is more Ron Paul!

!!