PDA

View Full Version : “Super Congress” is Most Disturbing Component of the Debt Deal

sailingaway
08-03-2011, 03:33 PM
“Super Congress” is Most Disturbing Component of the Debt Deal

Read more: “Super Congress” is Most Disturbing Component of the Debt Deal http://dailyreckoning.com/%e2%80%9csuper-congress%e2%80%9d-is-most-disturbing-component-of-the-debt-deal/#ixzz1U0J1GAaR

Lucille
08-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I agree.

Congress to decide whether Super Congress could impose gun control (http://gunowners.org/a08012011.htm)

Speaking of Daily Reckoning, I am devastated that The Mogambo Guru retired!

Zippyjuan
08-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Congress can still vote against any recomendations of the committee.

LibForestPaul
08-03-2011, 07:15 PM
No more filibustering??
Scared of Rand or something?

LibForestPaul
08-03-2011, 07:20 PM
looks like a google on filibuster seems that this has been coming for awhile

sevin
08-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Congress can still vote against any recomendations of the committee.

With no filibustering or amendments. This is really bad. Lots of terrible bills that were stopped or at least changed could now be passed more easily.

I know you're here to be the "voice of reason" or whatever. But you tend to downplay issues that are extremely important.

headhawg7
08-04-2011, 12:18 AM
With no filibustering or amendments. This is really bad. Lots of terrible bills that were stopped or at least changed could now be passed more easily.

I know you're here to be the "voice of reason" or whatever. But you tend to downplay issues that are extremely important.

Totally agree. The congress knowingly or not are making themselves less and less relevant as the days go by. Reminds me a lot of mconnell wanting to give over the power of congress to raise the debt ceiling to the executive branch simply for politics. So he could use it against obama in the elections. That's all they(a large majority) care about anymore. Elections. They don't even read these bills. This stuff is literally happening right in front of our eyes yet most people care only about their favorite tv programming such as american idol or dancing with the stars. I am not saying these programs are bad but at least take a break every now and then and do some research on your own and write your congressmen and women. Start paying attention...please!!!

Anti Federalist
08-04-2011, 12:42 AM
I'll have to find a "hard" source for this but I also read that re-authorizes the "death tax".

It was reported on LRC's blog without a link.

DamianTV
08-04-2011, 02:02 AM
I think what is happening is the Elite have Lost Control over the Current Congress, and this is their Trump Card.

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2011, 02:15 AM
American Politburo

DamianTV
08-04-2011, 02:22 AM
Democracy is a Religion. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses.