PDA

View Full Version : CNN, Tea Party announce details of presidential debate in Tampa Sept. 12

sailingaway
08-03-2011, 12:36 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2011/08/cnn-tea-party-announce-presidential-debate-in-tampa-sept-12.html

The debate is scheduled for the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa. In its releases, CNN said it would “focus on a wide-range of topics with a specific emphasis on issue number one to Tea Party members and all Americans: the economy.”

CNN lead political anchor Wolf Blitzer will moderate the debate.

The CNN telecast comes 10 days before Fox News and the Republican Party of Florida host a televised debate from the Orange County Convention Center on Thursday, Sept. 22.

The Orlando event is taking place the day before the Conservative Political Action Conference – Florida conference convenes, also in the convention center. Since the CPAC-FL conference is attracting virtually all GOP candidates — Michele Bachman, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Jon Huntsman, Gary Johnson, Thaddeus McCotter, Ron Paul,Tim Pawlenty and Mitt Romney all have committed — it’s likely most will participate in the Fox debate as well.

mello
08-03-2011, 12:51 PM
When I saw "CNN" & "Debate" in this thread title, I was hoping that Anderson Cooper wasn't going to moderate since he was terrible last time. If Cooper is going to moderate any future debates it might be a good idea to send him a stopwatch along with directions on how to operate it written in layman's terms.

Feeding the Abscess
08-03-2011, 01:26 PM
When I saw "CNN" & "Debate" in this thread title, I was hoping that Anderson Cooper wasn't going to moderate since he was terrible last time. If Cooper is going to moderate any future debates it might be a good idea to send him a stopwatch along with directions on how to operate it written in layman's terms.

John King moderated the last one, I thought.

truthdivides
08-03-2011, 01:28 PM
John King moderated the last one, I thought.

The candidates.. um.. couldn't.. um.. get through a.. um.. sentence with.. um.. out him interrupting.

ForLibertyFight
08-03-2011, 01:36 PM
These national debates are a joke.

Article V
08-03-2011, 01:43 PM
When I saw "CNN" & "Debate" in this thread title, I was hoping that Anderson Cooper wasn't going to moderate since he was terrible last time. If Cooper is going to moderate any future debates it might be a good idea to send him a stopwatch along with directions on how to operate it written in layman's terms.Um, check yourself, mello. The person you're complaining about is John King, not Anderson Cooper. Anderson Cooper is awesome. We'd be lucky to have Anderson Cooper moderate a debate.

Gage
08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Um, check yourself, mello. The person you're complaining about is John King, not Anderson Cooper. Anderson Cooper is awesome. We'd be lucky to have Anderson Cooper moderate a debate.

I assumed he was referring to when Anderson said he would give Ron a question later in the debate on a subject he was talking about, but never did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFvD8KnwO2E

mello
08-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Yup. I was referring to to CNN/Politico debate in 2007 in that airport hanger. Ron Paul got only around 6 minutes of talk time for a debate with only 4 candidates. I think McCain had around 25 minutes of talk time. Friggin' Anderson Cooper had around 14 minutes.

eduardo89
08-03-2011, 02:16 PM
I HATE wolf blitzer

jbuttell
08-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Um, check yourself, mello. The person you're complaining about is John King, not Anderson Cooper. Anderson Cooper is awesome. We'd be lucky to have Anderson Cooper moderate a debate.

I'm guessing you didn't watch all of the 07/08 debates if you think he's awesome.