PDA

View Full Version : We are awesome at countering attacks on Dr. Paul!

Zydeco
11-01-2007, 03:09 PM
It is truly awe-inspiring to watch the Paulian blog-hordes defend, counterattack, and defeat these unfair attacks on Dr. Paul. We've got the brainpower and the tactics down pat.

Like others here, I spend a lot of time doing Google blog searches for mentions of Dr. Paul. In the past day there have been dozens of blogs picking up on this truly manufactured "spam scandal" as one blog has tried to puff it up.

And by the time I get to most blogs, the work is already done -- six or eight or twenty of us Paulians have already dissected and destroyed the argument intelligently and usually with just the right tone. I truly believe we are an intellectual army ready for anything they'll throw at us.

One interesting aspect of these attacks is they're virtually always anti-Paul, and not pro-another candidate. It's only very rarely that I see "Thompson (or whoever) has a better stance on this issue than Paul, and here's why)." Instead, it's simply "Ron Paul sucks, and here's why." Fascinating -- not only are the attacks weak, but they don't even have a stated candidate who they prefer on the issue. Purely a rearguard, defensive action disguised as an attack. And of course they have to defend -- our candidate is the one catching on like wildfire (if that's not gauche to say given recent events out West).

We're gonna win, we're gonna win big :D

Drknows
11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/7/8/D/FCJG300-0088.jpg
Picture them holding RP signs instead of spears. that is us.

RPinSEAZ
11-01-2007, 03:12 PM
They're trying to dismiss him as a loon. To them, comparing him to another candidate gives him legitimacy.

Zydeco
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
They're trying to dismiss him as a loon. To them, comparing him to another candidate gives him legitimacy.

Yeah but what's fascinating is how WE control the flow of information as much as them, which allows the truth of Dr. Paul's message to avoid being swift-boated.

And his support keeps rising, and they move on to the next goofy attack, their credibility a little lower each time!

me3
11-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Now if only all of that blog commenting could be translated into action that actually helps us win the campaign, not stem a never-ending PR battle.

I wonder if Dr. Paul gets widely accepted first tier status, and has to put up with the attacks that Obama, Giuliani, Clinton etc face daily if his supporters will spend so much time fighting negative PR online that we will lose the election on the ground...

john_anderson_ii
11-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Now if only all of that blog commenting could be translated into action that actually helps us win the campaign, not stem a never-ending PR battle.

I think we do what we can with what we have. I see similar comments all the time, but without the big media behind us we have to do what we can to get to people with signs, blogs, forum posts, slim jims, etc. I don't think I'm prepared to don a ski mask, grab a rifle, and take over a broadcasting station, nor do I have the money to buy one. So if a blog is what you can do, then blog. If you can make signs, make signs. If you can get out to a supermarket and put slim jims on cars, then do that. As long as we all keep doing everything we can do, we will come out on top.

I wish I had my own news network. It would become the Ron Paul Network: "All Ron All The Time".