PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann Bachmann aims for straw poll in new ad

sailingaway
08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
http://minnesotaindependent.com/85624/video-bachmann-aims-for-straw-poll-in-new-ad

The ad, which will run statewide starting today, ends with a request to join Bachmann in Ames for the straw poll on Aug. 13.

Bachmann has recently soared in polls of likely Republican caucus-goers, even taking the lead over Romney in Iowa. But the Iowa Straw Poll is often viewed as a test of organization to see whether campaigns are actually able to mobilize and transport voters to Ames. Bachmann faces former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Rep. Ron Paul, who have both poured money and resources into their straw poll efforts.

The Fix blog at the Washington Post gives Bachmann a 3-1 chance to win the state, as our sister site the Iowa Independent pointed out.

Personally, I don't consider WaPo all that accurate, but your mileage may vary...:rolleyes:

smartguy911
08-03-2011, 12:27 PM
**Yawnn***. Nothing unique about the ad. She means it...sure

Here is an ad that kicks ass - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUNIeOB0whI&feature=channel_video_title

CaptUSA
08-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Seriously, I was expecting Bachman to fizzle out by now. I think the only reason she's holding on is because the media want to have someone other than Paul to win this straw poll.

Once this straw poll is over, it won't be long for Bachman to be over as well. Of course, at this same time, Perry will be coming in.

These are very tricky waters for Paul to navigate and we must be aware of these currents. Perry could easily pick up Bachman's support if we don't play this right.

We need to make sure Paul wins Ames.

HOLLYWOOD
08-03-2011, 01:07 PM
**Yawnn***. Nothing unique about the ad. She means it...sure

Here is an ad that kicks ass - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUNIeOB0whI&feature=channel_video_titleShe got the AMES plug in there, that counts... it's all about momentum, it brings in votes(Ames and beyond), more media coverage, and campaign cash. It's her 3rd TV ad... quite a persevering campaign staff. Quick and Very Low Cost(NO elaborate music/CGI/banners/actors-narrators/etc) commercials to target the event and people.

Good target TV commercial for Ames and America's ignorance that's glued to the video airwaves.

Oukvekpwv
08-03-2011, 02:14 PM
i saw it earlier today on TV.. ill bet she blue/green screened it.. without the work behind the scenes i really dont know how much this will help her..

BUSHLIED
08-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Its a fantastic ad, she is talking directly to the people, where as Paul's doesn't have Paul talking at all...I wish Ron supporters would just admit that Bachmann is running a real campaign, making all the right moves, etc...as I have said, the campaign now needs a new poll to run cause the ad is now moot and OLD...the campaign needs a new ad, just like Bachmann has done, she had the waterloo ad now this one...people get tired of the same ad anyway...

sailingaway
08-04-2011, 02:24 PM
I don't think Ron talking into the camera is AT ALL the way to go, it is boring and he does much better in nonscripted settings. As to whether she is running a 'real' campaign or a 'vanity' campaign, I guess we'll know more in 9 days. Given where she is in the polls, she should do substantially better than Ron, unless she in fact is NOT running ' a real campaign'.

eduardo89
08-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Ron should put out an ad over the weekend