PDA

View Full Version : Call Ron's Campaign, tell them to put up a 1.4 mil ticker!

No Free Beer
08-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Explain the 3rd-Ames 1.4 million dollar push, and tell them to put up a ticker ASAP. I already did, but we need to put some pressure on the campaign.

toll free: 1 855 886 9779

Chowder
08-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Called, the lady said the campaign will be looking into it.

No Free Beer
08-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks Chowder

sailingaway
08-03-2011, 07:34 AM
I'm not sure it's a good idea, actually. Media always follows that, and I haven't seen the activity to justify it. We don't want to set up what will be spun as failure when many just figured the targeted Ames money bomb was the last one before Ames. (As had been the intent.) If you can get a lot of activity towards pushing it, and publicizing it, THEN I'd push a ticker, not before.

No Free Beer
08-03-2011, 07:37 AM
sailing, have you read all the posts? 1.4 in 10 days is very manageable.

revrsethecurse04
08-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Relatively new at this, but has the campaign ever not met a goal it set when it put a ticker? Seems to me if they asked for 1.4 million before Ames we should deliver.

sailingaway
08-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Yes we have 'not delivered'. But I agree we should try to get it out. No Free Beer, 'doable' under the circumstances of the time including a different economy, later in the election cycle when more were engaged, and huge frustration with zero media coverage, not to mention lack of a steady stream of money bombs leading up to that time, is different from necessarily doable now. I'm all for the push, I'm just not sure about the ticker, but I don't make the decision, I just think those pushing for the ticker should remember we just had pushes and tickers over the last months. I think I should be seeing a bit more about this elsewhere before the ticker goes up, based on what I've seen on other occasions. But that is just me.

erowe1
08-03-2011, 07:58 AM
The campaign staff just sit idle most of the time wondering how to do their jobs, and they love it when grassroots people call up and tell them what they need to be doing.

RonPaul101.com
08-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Yes we have 'not delivered'. But I agree we should try to get it out. No Free Beer, 'doable' under the circumstances of the time including a different economy, later in the election cycle when more were engaged, and huge frustration with zero media coverage, not to mention lack of a steady stream of money bombs leading up to that time, is different from necessarily doable now. I'm all for the push, I'm just not sure about the ticker, but I don't make the decision, I just think those pushing for the ticker should remember we just had pushes and tickers over the last months. I think I should be seeing a bit more about this elsewhere before the ticker goes up, based on what I've seen on other occasions. But that is just me.

I agree, I think there is more risk than reward with this one considering a good showing at Ames will drive in the money and it would be better if tracked then to highlight any would-be successes.

One question though, the $1.4 mil would be a cummulative qrtly number (starting at the already $700k~ish number, or $1.4mil starting from $0...? If anything I think it should be a cummulative qrtly boost, just IMO.