PDA

View Full Version : [Des Moines Register] ‘People are ready to listen’ to Paul’s long-time stances

ronpaultag
08-02-2011, 10:18 PM
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/08/02/people-are-ready-to-listen-to-pauls-long-time-stances/

(Sorry if this has been posted already)

sailingaway
08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks. She got his abortion position wrong, I believe. It isn't that he doesn't think the government can protect life, he does, he just thinks it is for the STATE not federal governments to do so, under our Constitution.

Paul4Prez
08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
The writer seemed very fair and objective overall. Unfortunately she quoted a clueless political science "expert" who repeated the lie about a "small but well organized group of supporters."

“Any candidate with a small, but well-organized and intensely motivated group of supporters makes a bigger splash in the smallest of ponds,” said Dennis Goldford, a politics professor at Drake University. “The caucuses are a small pond, and the straw poll is an even smaller pond.”

The truth is that Ron Paul has more actual supporters than any other candidate on the Republican side, judging from the number of individual donors (would be nice to be able to confirm those numbers) and organized grassroots volunteers.

John of Des Moines
08-03-2011, 04:29 AM
It made today's (Weds.) front page.

LibertyEagle
08-03-2011, 05:16 AM
I'm getting really tired of articles that minimize his chances. I seriously doubt if they are saying the same thing about the other candidates.

LisaNY
08-03-2011, 05:19 AM
I don't see any mention of his military service :(