PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should send out PR on today's market

Brendan Wenzel
11-01-2007, 01:58 PM
I am watching CNBC right now and they are all concerned about today's huge downturn even though the Fed announced a rate cut. I keep hearing speculative energy markets are a big part of the problem.

This would be a perfect opportunity for Ron Paul to send out a news making press release on the economy and the market. Mention the Fed and their shady dealings. If it made some serious claims the news would pick it up.

Right now people are ready to hear the message if he would get it out there. If he would put out some aggressive press releases, I really think it would do some good. Come on staff, make this happen.

wgadget
11-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Uhhhh....Whats we gunna do NOW....???

scubasteve01
11-01-2007, 02:08 PM
A simple explanation from Paul on exactly why this is such a bad thing I think would hit home to a lot of people. People just don't understand the massive impact this will have on each individual.

I agree...., Ron, send something out and lets hear the truth from someone who knows it!

Lord Xar
11-01-2007, 02:14 PM
I DO THINK HE SHOULD PUT A STATEMENT OUT ON THIS ON HIS FRONT PAGE.

This is obvious.

RON PAUL PUT A STATEMENT ON YOUR FRONT PAGE!!!!!!

Jordan
11-01-2007, 02:19 PM
He should.

Then say something about printing $41B out of thin air.

bmcosti
11-01-2007, 02:35 PM
I agree he should capitalize on this Pronto!

me3
11-01-2007, 02:38 PM
RON PAUL PUT A STATEMENT ON YOUR FRONT PAGE!!!!!!
Perhaps they should also address Lady Liberty. It's November now.

born2drv
11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I was watching CNBC all day as well..... I'm expecting another big downturn tomorrow.

I think it's still early though. What would be really cool would be some interactive graph or something on his website showing how much money the fed is "infusing" into liquidity out of thin air. Make it like a "economic watch" page with metrics and analysis of Ron Paul about what's going on.

murrayrothbard
11-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I was watching CNBC all day as well..... I'm expecting another big downturn tomorrow.

I think it's still early though. What would be really cool would be some interactive graph or something on his website showing how much money the fed is "infusing" into liquidity out of thin air. Make it like a "economic watch" page with metrics and analysis of Ron Paul about what's going on.

http://www.mises.org/markets.asp

born2drv
11-01-2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.mises.org/markets.asp

Thanks, I watch commodities prices here too in case anyone is curious....
http://born2drv.com/snapshot.html

But I think it would be great to have something easily read and understood by your average american and displayed on ron paul's website with HIS OWN commentary of what's going on in the market and what is causing the fluctuations. Would be very cool and basically set him apart as the economic guru of the GOP, which we all know he is :)

rgampell
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I think it misses the point of Paul's message to point to asset-market declines as somehow indicative of an economic failure. I mean, come on, even after today's drop, U.S. equity markets are very close to all-time highs, and foreign markets are as well. Paul's point is that Fed pumping goes to Wall Street fat cats first, who "put the money to work" inflating asset prices. And even though everyone is allowed to share in asset-price inflation, obviously poor and middle-class people generate most of their wealth from ordinary income outside the financial sphere, and they get paid in (ultimately) devalued dollars.

-- Rich

Phenom24
11-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I was just thinking the same thing as the OP.

Now I agree also with Rich, that Dr. Paul has made a point that the first place the money hits after leaving the press is right to the big buddy banks..

But seriously, MOST people I know, whether pro-war or whatever, they have NO STINKING clue how the economy works. They probably think us talking about the Federal Reserve, inflation and so forth are some sort of conspiracy theory.

If Dr. Paul could just say:

"If you saw the news today, you'll see that the Federal Reserve injected $41 billion dollars into the 'economy'. Now since those dollars did not reach you directly, what will that large sum of money do for you? Watch the prices the next few times you go to the grocery store or to go buy gas. Are they going down? Or are they going up? This, my friends and fellow Americans, is what I commonly refer to as 'the inflation tax' and have no doubt, that the Federal Reserve knew before hand the results of this printing.

So I ask you again, Americans! Did the $41 billion that landed somewhere in the economy today help you, or did it hurt you? I'll let you come to your own conclusion. My personal opinion, and if elected President of these fine United States, would be to STOP printing more money, as all that accomplishes is to DEVALUE the dollars you currently own."

Go to RonPaul2008.com to learn more.

Something to that effect!
:)

rgampell
11-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Personally, I think RP does the best he can by using the phrase "inflation tax." The same educated people who read (erroneously) that the Fed pumped $41B into the economy today (they didn't) are the ones who also read that inflation is "contained" and close to the Fed's 2% tolerance. But most Americans do not have a clue either about the FOMC's repo actions, whether reported correctly or not, nor do they have a clue about the supposed 2% "official" inflation rate. All they know is that prices of everything they buy outside of electronics and lead-painted toys are going through the roof, while people on Wall Street are getting rich. That's perfect for Paul's message of the inflation tax. I really don't think it needs to be more complicated than that.

-- Rich

Zydeco
11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
This is sort of like someone who's been drinking salt water because they're thirsty...the first glass keeps them from being thirsty for 10 minutes...the second one, 5 minutes...by the time they're at the fifth glass, it doesn't do a damn thing!

Uh-oh.

Zydeco
11-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Personally, I think RP does the best he can by using the phrase "inflation tax." The same educated people who read (erroneously) that the Fed pumped $41B into the economy today (they didn't) are the ones who also read that inflation is "contained" and close to the Fed's 2% tolerance. But most Americans do not have a clue either about the FOMC's repo actions, whether reported correctly or not, nor do they have a clue about the supposed 2% "official" inflation rate. All they know is that prices of everything they buy outside of electronics and lead-painted toys are going through the roof, while people on Wall Street are getting rich. That's perfect for Paul's message of the inflation tax. I really don't think it needs to be more complicated than that.

-- Rich

Rich, what do you think the real annual inflation rate is?

transistor
11-01-2007, 03:47 PM
i got absolutely killed today and yesterday

Pauliana
11-01-2007, 03:50 PM
UM... He DID put out a release. Don't forget - he also has a congressional website that is updated fairly often these days.

http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press2007/pr103107.htm

transistor
11-01-2007, 04:04 PM
i just realized i could have maxed out my donation to RP with my losses today :(

rgampell
11-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Now THAT was a good press release.

To respond to the earlier poster, I think it's virtually impossible to measure inflation as a basket of goods and services - which doesn't stop the BLS from trying, of course! If you're really in the mood for some academic stuff, you can look at the CPI Research Series, which attempts to re-do old inflation calculations using every single tweak that the BLS comes up with. At least this way you're comparing apples to apples.

http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1999/06/art4full.pdf

RP himself points to current inflation at around 10% using older methodology, but I'm not a big fan of this kind of claim. Honestly, the old saw that "inflation is a monetary phenomenon" is the only absolute truth, as far as my knowledge goes. In other words, an increase in the money supply = an increase in inflation. Even if you can't find it right away!

paulitics
11-01-2007, 04:05 PM
RIght before the 2000 crash, the market for about a year had huge upswings and downturns before the bottom fell out. It reminds me alot of this market.

bootstrap
11-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Every sign from the stock/commodity/currency markets and the Federal Reserve indicate the powers-that-be are PURPOSELY and INTENTIONALLY destroying the currency. Do they plan to destroy the US currency before the Bush term ends? Looks that way. But why? To introduce the "amero" as the *hard money* SAVIOR of the US economy! No kidding, that's how they'll sell it (just watch).

This way, Bush can do the evil deed, then vanish from office - providing perfect cover for Hillary and all his other new-world-order / north-american-union / CFR conspirators. Nothing can be done to Bush - because he will have vanished. Want to bet whether or not Bush already has a deal with the Chinese to dump their dollars on his command (thereby causing the final collapse)? Think they would not cooperate? Ha! Think again.

The only way to foul up their plans is --- elect Ron Paul. Why? Because he is the one President who would say, "well, if we're gonna have a new currency anyway, we'll make it a true hard currency, backed one-to-one by gold".

True, we cannot prove this extrapolation of events and motives. But the behavior of the Federal Reserve during the past year or so are very suspicious. Eliminate the M3 reports. Then infuse astronomical (and unknown) sums into the system to inflate like crazy. Then utterly destort the CPI numbers to pretend 12% inflation is actually 2% inflation. Then cut rates and print money like wildfire in the face of rapidly rising prices. And this just scratches the surface (to wide open eyes).