PDA

View Full Version : PPP - Virginia GOP Presidential Primary Poll

tsai3904
08-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Virginia (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/08/virginia-republican-numbers.html)
7/21 - 7/24
400 Republican primary voters
+/-4.9%

With Palin:

Perry 20%
Romney 16%
Bachmann 15%
Palin 13%
Cain 10%
Paul 6%
Gingrich 6%
Pawlenty 2%
Huntsman 1%

Without Palin:

Bachmann 21%
Perry 18%
Romney 18%
Cain 10%
Gingrich 8%
Paul 7%
Pawlenty 3%
Huntsman 2%

Ron Paul Crosstabs With Palin:

18 to 29 - 13%
30 to 45 - 7%
46 to 65 - 6%
Older than 65 - 4%

Man 9%
Woman 2%

Results from last Virginia poll:

Virginia (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/03/limited-tea-party-threat-to-allen.html)
2/24 - 2/27
+/-4.9%

Huckabee 20%
Palin 16%
Romney 16%
Gingrich 14%
Paul 8%
Daniels 7%
Barbour 4%
Pawlenty 4%

Esoteric
08-02-2011, 01:52 PM
a.... humbling .... poll

teacherone
08-02-2011, 01:53 PM
is perry running?

pauliticalfan
08-02-2011, 01:54 PM
These later states would fall into place with a win in Iowa, New Hampshire, and/or Nevada. That being said, this should light a fire under our tails.

falconplayer11
08-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I live in Virginia. How sad :( But a reminder that we have a LOT of work to do.

falconplayer11
08-02-2011, 01:56 PM
These later states would fall into place with a win in Iowa, New Hampshire, and/or Nevada. That being said, this should light a fire under our tails.

Agreed.

sailingaway
08-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Much of the populous area of Virginia is a suburb of DC. They rely on the government for their state economy.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I would not expect Ron to do very well in a place like Virginia. That is very sad for me to say but the vast majority of Northern Virginia is populated by people who work for some level of Government. A lot of people in the Tidewater region also get government paychecks. Those are the two heaviest population centers of Virginia and they have no desire to see the gravy train come to a grinding halt.

BUSHLIED
08-02-2011, 02:55 PM
less than 500 participants and a 4.9% margin of error....not that great of a poll.

Besides, we know that Ron is polling around 9% nationally, the only two states that I would expect him to be higher is Iowa and NH, where he is actively campaigning.

If Paul were to poll 15% anywhere in the nation besides Texas, I would be shocked...as I have said before, the campaign has a lot of work to do nation-wide. Even if Ron wins the Iowa SP, he has a lot of work to do.

The only positive aspect I see from these polls, is the slow incremental rise of Paul's average percent and now a clear 9% floor. Ron only continues to rise in the polls, barring some major gaffe in a debate.

And let me add that VA is too close to DC for Ron to have a chance....

VA/MD/DC/DE are not going to be states that Ron wins or does well in...that is my hunch...we shouldn't worry about them. I love to see Paul take PA and Ohio!!! That would be two major scores. Ron needs to hit the NorthWest and the Rust belt....it's a really weird primary map for Paul if you ask me...

libertybrewcity
08-02-2011, 03:04 PM
In Northern Virginia about 2 million people rely on payments from the government. Many live off of federal contracts or are just government employees.

Nickwanz
08-02-2011, 03:05 PM
less than 500 participants and a 4.9% margin of error....not that great of a poll. True.
But we still do need to get something goin on around here(VA). I'm stocking up on slim jims and bumper stickers, and I'm considering buying the 100 pack of For Liberty DVDs soon. Just trying to figure out the best way to distribute them now. It sucks cuz outside of the interwebz there are only a handful of my friends how can get passionate enough to actually DO something. But even then they have kids and jobs and such..............calling all cars!

BUSHLIED
08-02-2011, 03:14 PM
True.
But we still do need to get something goin on around here(VA). I'm stocking up on slim jims and bumper stickers, and I'm considering buying the 100 pack of For Liberty DVDs soon. Just trying to figure out the best way to distribute them now. It sucks cuz outside of the interwebz there are only a handful of my friends how can get passionate enough to actually DO something. But even then they have kids and jobs and such..............calling all cars!

Well forget about NOVA...my sense is that everyone in NOVA knows who Ron is and doesn't care. I used to work in NOVA and it is full of government types... while they quietly know what Ron is saying is true, they will not vote for him...its the whole head in the sand thing...

If you live in VA best to hit more rural areas outside of NOVA. I guess go see where he did well in 2008 and build off of those areas...

libertybrewcity
08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Well forget about NOVA...my sense is that everyone in NOVA knows who Ron is and doesn't care. I used to work in NOVA and it is full of government types... while they quietly know what Ron is saying is true, they will not vote for him...its the whole head in the sand thing...

If you live in VA best to hit more rural areas outside of NOVA. I guess go see where he did well in 2008 and build off of those areas...

The rural places will be where we get the votes. Other than that, college campuses. Hopefully we can get to some of Republicans on the war issue. I feel like Virginia has a lot of Republican-Democrats swing voters.

speciallyblend
08-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I would not expect Ron to do very well in a place like Virginia. That is very sad for me to say but the vast majority of Northern Virginia is populated by people who work for some level of Government. A lot of people in the Tidewater region also get government paychecks. Those are the two heaviest population centers of Virginia and they have no desire to see the gravy train come to a grinding halt.

being from viriginia myself , i think communistwealth of virginia applies!! the root of the problem is a failed gop.

PaulConventionWV
08-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Precisely, dear Watson.

I go to university in Richmond, VA, and it's a very liberal place, and not the kind liberals that would switch parties to vote for Paul, mind you.

FreeMind&Market
08-02-2011, 09:01 PM
There's NOVA and the ROVA (rest of Virginia). I'm in the later. Virginia isn't red or blue; its an "establishment" state. There's lots of old money vested in the current establishment. That said, were are the meet-up groups in the Lynchburg area?

KingRobbStark
08-02-2011, 09:51 PM
In Northern Virginia about 2 million people rely on payments from the government. Many live off of federal contracts or are just government employees.

That's really sad. :(