PDA

View Full Version : Ron's next ad: Obomneycare?

willwash
08-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I know debt is the big issue right now, but seriously, not nearly enough attention has been paid to Romneycare's parallels to Obamacare. Resistance to Obamacare is one of the strongest pillars of the Republican Party today, and yet Romney currently seems poised to sail effortlessly into the top of the GOP ticket, as far as I can tell, simply because he is articulate and has a strong jawbone. And NO ONE has seriously gone after him on this.

The way I see it, Romney is the biggest threat, and his head is just SITTING on the chopping block. I see great potential for a Ron Paul ad in Iowa on this subject.

Thoughts?

erowe1
08-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Yep. And he can set himself apart and say, "I'm not for repeal and replace. I'm for repeal, and then repeal some more."

wgadget
08-02-2011, 01:11 PM
May as well...Tim Pawlenty is too chicken to take it on.

willwash
08-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Pawlenty has pussyfooted around it but he hasn't bull-charged Romney like someone needs to. The good Dr.'s background in health care also makes him eminently qualified to do so amongst all the candidates.

IndianaPolitico
08-02-2011, 01:16 PM
It sounds like a good plan. Selling Dr. Paul as the "Anti-Romney" candidate is a good strategy. I would also like to see a "feel good" ad about him and his family air in Iowa.