PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody willing to host 2 RP domains?

Jackie Treehorn
08-02-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm not going to lie, I'm low on cash right now. And instead of shoveling $100 to a hosting company, I'd rather donate it to the RP campaign.

I have two domains I want to host (both Ron Paul related), I'll share the details if anybody is willing to help me. I have registered and paid for both domains. If you have an unlimited account, hosting these websites won't cost you a dime. They would both be Wordpress-based (but not blogs).

I'll pay for hosting if I have to, but like I said, I'd rather give that money to the campaign so I thought I would check on RPF first. I would hugely appreciate any help!

Tarzan
08-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Tell us more... the content, who are you, other materials you have for review... etc.

harikaried
08-02-2011, 12:13 PM
From a few months ago: http://tech.rambergmedia.com/sharktec-hosting-offers-premium-web-hosting-space-to-ron-paul-supporters/
"To make this affordable for everyone who wishes to start a website to show their support for Ron Paul in 2012, we are offering premium web hosting space for $1.99"

From last time: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?50313-Web-Hosting-for-Ron-Paul-sites

Jackie Treehorn
08-02-2011, 02:06 PM
From last time: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?50313-Web-Hosting-for-Ron-Paul-sites[/QUOTE]

Since he only had 2 posts (4 years ago), I'm assuming that offer doesn't stand anymore. Also, doesn't look like SharkTec exists anymore. Thanks for the suggestions though.

harikaried
08-02-2011, 02:37 PM
http://www.sharktechosting.com/ ?

fletcherchristian
08-02-2011, 06:21 PM
One would be the development of Ron Paul Voting Record (dot) com, which would be pretty self-explanatory. I do SEO work, so I'm hoping to have a grassroots site rank #1 or #2 for that particular phrase. The other would be Freedom Was Here (dot) com, which is a sticker/flyer viral movement I'm going to attempt to start (very mildly viral, you could say). I plan on distributing material with that phrase on anything I can get it on, and trying to get others to do the same. When people search for the term, my site will come up and will be [gently] Ron Paul-centric, explaining the freedoms we've lost and how Dr. Paul plans to restore them.

Whether it catches on or not is up in the air, but I personally believe we need to evolve from blatant Ron Paul campaign signs and Revolution flyers. Opinions on this are welcome as well. See below:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ueheew.png

I got a website from www.sharktechosting.com a month ago! They did have a promotion going on where it was actually FREE but I guess the response was so great they had to stop it but it's now only $1.99/mo. I could have gotten mine for free but I wanted to support a patriot company such as this and opted to pay for it. What is $1.99 a month?? You can find their order page here:

https://sharktechosting.com/clients/index.php?/cart/

So far for me, it's been a great experience. No downtime, quick to respond and very helpful/friendly!

Jackie Treehorn
08-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Meh, I don't know about SharkTec. I'd rather pay $6/month with a reputable company and not face the bandwidth limitations. But I digress, if there's still anyone out there willing to host my 2 domains.

fletcherchristian
08-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Meh, I don't know about SharkTec. I'd rather pay $6/month with a reputable company and not face the bandwidth limitations. But I digress, if there's still anyone out there willing to host my 2 domains.

???

What makes you think they're not "reputable"? Because their name doesn't start with GO and ends in Daddy? Sorry man, thought you were looking to do business with a PATRIOT company... not just someone who wants your money.

I found this from my bookmarks... how can you NOT go wrong with SharkTec? I don't see any other hosting company putting their butts on the line publicly like this:

https://sharktechosting.com/rptwitter-promotion.html

RonPaulRules
08-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I will host them.

Jackie Treehorn
08-02-2011, 06:45 PM
???

What makes you think they're not "reputable"? Because their name doesn't start with GO and ends in Daddy? Sorry man, thought you were looking to do business with a PATRIOT company... not just someone who wants your money.

I found this from my bookmarks... how can you NOT go wrong with SharkTec? I don't see any other hosting company putting their butts on the line publicly like this:

https://sharktechosting.com/rptwitter-promotion.html

I'm not trying to sling mud on SharkTec (are you affiliated with them?). I just like to trust my website uptime (especially if its a RP site) to a company I know can fulfill my needs. The open RP promotion by ST is awesome and I can definitely respect that, but I don't think any major firm would openly endorse a candidate like that. Call me quirky if you want.

Also, I would never host with GoDaddy. I prefer Bluehost.

Tarzan
08-02-2011, 07:25 PM
I read your other posts... I will pass.

dusman
08-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I have a JustHost reseller account. Wouldn't be a problem to host these.

Jackie Treehorn
08-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I read your other posts... I will pass.

Man, what a slap in the face.

I have a JustHost reseller account. Wouldn't be a problem to host these.

I appreciate it, I'll get a hold of you tomorrow.

fletcherchristian
08-03-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm not trying to sling mud on SharkTec (are you affiliated with them?). I just like to trust my website uptime (especially if its a RP site) to a company I know can fulfill my needs. The open RP promotion by ST is awesome and I can definitely respect that, but I don't think any major firm would openly endorse a candidate like that. Call me quirky if you want.

Also, I would never host with GoDaddy. I prefer Bluehost.

I'm not affiliated with them, but I have received great service from them, even if it was just a $1.99 website and not their top of the line plan. I believe in word of mouth advertising and when I have a great experience with a company or service provider then I will let everyone know about it. And even more so, when it's a company that isn't afraid to get out on a limb and publicly stand behind someone that (as hopefully we ALL know from being in these forums) represents Liberty and an anti-establishment position such as Ron Paul. You sure are making a lot of assumptions about ST by thinking that somehow they wouldn't be able to fulfill your needs. From the looks of their site, they have their act together and the data center looks pretty sufficient (not that I know much about a data center). Do you really think your two RP sites are going to drive so much traffic that you'll need to open your own data center to handle all of it? Oh my...

If two competing businesses open across the street from each other and both sell the same thing that you're looking for, but one store owner has a Ron Paul 2012 sign out in his parking lot and the other has nothing because lets say it's a Sears and they're afraid to let anyone know who they support.... which store are you going to walk in and buy from?

My choice is pretty clear and doesn't take a lot of hemming and hawing to decide.

But hey... I don't know you but it sounds like you're pretty fickle so maybe ST would be better off in the long run if you went with someone else. As for me, I'm enjoying great service from a company that hasn't shown me any downtime or bandwidth limitations and my site is starting to draw a lot of traffic. I'm confused because your first post said you're broke and strapped for cash, yet you roll your eyes because ST is letting people practically have an account for free by only charging $1.99/mo. and that's still not good enough for you. You then say you'd pay $6/mo. to a "reputable" company to host your accounts. Man, you sure are strange...

Good luck wherever you decide to go... (Although maybe the host is the one that will need the luck...)

tremendoustie
08-03-2011, 06:57 AM
1and1 has a deal now where you get two domains and a mid-level hosting package for two years. The first year is free, and the second is $7 a month.