PDA

View Full Version : Fiscal Conservatives Barred From SUPER COMMITTEE

AuH20
08-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Thwarted again by the pigs in the establishment. They're good. I give them that.

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2011/08/02/report-fiscal-conservatives-who-voted-against-debt-deal-barred-from-super-committee/comment-page-1/#comments

angelatc
08-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Seriously, who didn't see this coming?

sofia
08-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Thwarted again by the pigs in the establishment. They're good. I give them that.

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2011/08/02/report-fiscal-conservatives-who-voted-against-debt-deal-barred-from-super-committee/comment-page-1/#comments

Maybe we can get Paul Ryan on the committee....He'll fight for us won't he? :rolleyes:

sailingaway
08-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Well, obviously. That was the whole POINT of the super committee with draconian cuts as a back stop to give cover to everyone who votes for what the super pigs (being more equal than the others) put together with lobbyists behind closed doors.

Valli6
08-02-2011, 09:26 AM
The story has an update:

UPDATE: McConnell spokesman Don Stewart says all senators will be considered. "No one is stronger in his opposition to tax hikes than Sen. McConnell. He will have serious discussions with all those who are interested in serving prior to making any appointments."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/fiscal-conservatives-barred-supercommittee_581921.html?nopager=1
:confused:

pcosmar
08-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Well, obviously. That was the whole POINT of the super committee with draconian cuts as a back stop to give cover to everyone who votes for what the super pigs (being more equal than the others) put together with lobbyists behind closed doors.

The whole point of it is to concentrate power in fewer hands and to negate any opposition to plans.

:mad:

ctiger2
08-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Maybe we can get Paul Ryan on the committee....He'll fight for us won't he? :rolleyes:

If by "Us" you mean Israel, then... of course he will!

Dr.3D
08-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Just how is this "Super Committee" constitutional?

Edit:

Yup... just get rid of all those dissenting votes and poof.... we call it a "Super Committee", with all the power over the purse strings congress used to have.

wgadget
08-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Ahhh...As the details unfold, They realize that They should've read the bill BEFORE voting for it.

Cowlesy
08-02-2011, 09:51 AM
I see the truth-meter on all their shenanigans (spot gold price) is calling BS on all the baloney today.

angelatc
08-02-2011, 10:03 AM
I see the truth-meter on all their shenanigans (spot gold price) is calling BS on all the baloney today.

Yeah - my friend needed to cash out a little to buy a plane ticket, and I consoled her with the fact that she was selling at the high, because it would certainly pull back after the bill passed the House. Heh. Good thing I didn't feel strongly enough to short it. It's up about $135 over the last 30 days. That's amazing.

Looks like the market isn't buying it either.

Aratus
08-02-2011, 10:33 AM
the debt bill just passed the senate.
they just had the vote. it has passed.
the super committee is about to be
more than just hypothetical or theory!