PDA

View Full Version : Bush to Democrats: 'We are at war'

Bryan
11-01-2007, 01:43 PM
By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - President Bush compared Congress' Democratic leaders Thursday with people who ignored the rise of Lenin and Hitler early in the last century, saying "the world paid a terrible price" then and risks similar consequences for inaction today.

Bush accused Congress of stalling important pieces of the fight to prevent new terrorist attacks by: dragging out and possibly jeopardizing confirmation of Michael Mukasey as attorney general, a key part of his national security team; failing to act on a bill governing eavesdropping on terrorist suspects; and moving too slowly to approve spending measures for the Iraq war, Pentagon and veterans programs.

"Unfortunately, on too many issues, some in Congress are behaving as if America is not at war," Bush said during a speech at the Heritage Foundation. "This is no time for Congress to weaken the Department of Justice by denying it a strong and effective leader. ... It's no time for Congress to weaken our ability to intercept information from terrorists about potential attacks on the United States of America. And this is no time for Congress to hold back vital funding for our troops as they fight al-Qaida terrorists and radicals in Afghanistan and Iraq."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071101/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

Give me liberty
11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Is bush even a human? since to me he doesnt sound like he doesnt have a brain to start with.

Since 9/11 01

How many terrorists have attacked my fav country italy? since 9/11
how many terrorists have attacked ireland? or have they attacked israel?

and are or were there more terrorists attack's around the world since 9/11 you tell me

Well my thought is that bush is starting to become like bill of the 90s
and why did in us gov help bin laden terror group (which is not al-Qaida) in bosnia during

the 90s? to fight the serbs isnt that a crime? and what did the iraqis do wrong that got them bombed? just because they had a crazy leader, dosnet mean we had a right to bomb them.

Did we had a right to bomb serbia? no, it wasnt our people doing and its not the people's fault
i also i remember how the media was bad Yugoslavia and how the media defended
the bombing that nato did.

Anyway my point is if we are really at war, who is the real enemy?

I hope ron paul wins cause, it would make the world love the usa again.

Tsoman
11-01-2007, 02:48 PM
pfft. I'm not at war.

Marshall
11-01-2007, 03:00 PM
I thought he said we won a couple years ago?

American
11-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Its getting time almost to just "do or die" with these insane people.

RP4ME
11-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Is bush even a human? since to me he doesnt sound like he doesnt have a brain to start with.

Since 9/11 01

How many terrorists have attacked my fav country italy? since 9/11
how many terrorists have attacked ireland? or have they attacked israel?

and are or were there more terrorists attack's around the world since 9/11 you tell me

Well my thought is that bush is starting to become like bill of the 90s
and why did in us gov help bin laden terror group (which is not al-Qaida) in bosnia during

the 90s? to fight the serbs isnt that a crime? and what did the iraqis do wrong that got them bombed? just because they had a crazy leader, dosnet mean we had a right to bomb them.

Did we had a right to bomb serbia? no, it wasnt our people doing and its not the people's fault
i also i remember how the media was bad Yugoslavia and how the media defended
the bombing that nato did.

Anyway my point is if we are really at war, who is the real enemy?

I hope ron paul wins cause, it would make the world love the usa again.
He is not stupid - he knows exactly what he is doing !!!!

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Bush accused Congress of stalling important pieces of the fight to accumulate new terrorist attacks by dragging out and possibly jeopardizing confirmation of Michael Mukasey as attorney general, a key part of his national terrorist team; failing to act on a bill governing eavesdropping on civilians; and moving too slowly to approve military industrial complex profits.

"Unfortunately, on too many issues, some in Congress are behaving as if America is not at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with them." Bush said during a speech at the Heritage Foundation. "This is no time for Congress to weaken the Department of Justice by denying it a strong and effective friend of mine. ... It's no time for Congress to weaken our ability to intercept information from civilians about potential suspicious individuals. And this is no time for Congress to hold back vital funding for the new American Strip-mall for foreigners, slash military industrial complex - as soldiers and mercenaries fight civilians and suspicious individuals in Afghanistan and Iraq."

OptionsTrader
11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-QR88yfOE